• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Vulture can range spam but if he ever attempts to pick up Cap he gets kinda destroyed in skill

I mean, Vulture knows very well who Cap is and has a decent idea of what he does, so I doubt he would do that.

Fair enough lol. That said Cap does have his shield so it isn't a stomp.

Vulture likely has some knowledge of the Avengers, so he likely has some idea that Cap is more experienced than himself in hand to hand combat. Vulture can easily range spam, but Cap has his shield which can block Vulture

I think Cap should take this. He's far more skilled in close combat, and his shield should be capable of blocking and reflecting Vulture's ranged attacks.

He doesn't really ever reflect things, and Vulture's outfit can take a couple bullets.

I mean, I guess so, but that's just one win condition and I wouldn't be surprised if Vulture was aware of that property

If Vulture is already aware of that property, he will likely more cautious about using his ranged weaponry. Perhaps the largest potential factor to take into consideration is the environment. Standard Battle Assumptions would put this battle as taking place in Central Park, New York. Vulture has plenty of room to fly around, but Cap might use the trees for cover. Hmm, this fight gets more complicated the more I think about it.

If Cap gets a solid hit against Vulture's wings with his shield he could end up crippling Vulture's flight capabilities and his superior hand to hand combat skill would allow him to have the edge in close combat. However that's only if he actually gets a hit in since I doubt Vulture would stay in range given Vulture likely has knowledge on who Captain America is and with his blaster he can play the range game but Cap's shield could protect him.

I'd probably go Inconclusive.

I doubt Vulture's dumb enough to get tagger by Cap's limited range over half the time, and Steve rarely uses stealth so the forest isn't that much of anm advantage. I still vote Vulture

If Cap gets a solid hit against Vulture's wings with his shield he could end up crippling Vulture's flight capabilities and his superior hand to hand combat skill would allow him to have the edge in close combat. However that's only if he actually gets a hit in since I doubt Vulture would stay in range given Vulture likely has knowledge on who Captain America is and with his blaster he can play the range game but Cap's shield could protect him.

I'd probably go Inconclusive.
I have to agree honestly.

Voting Vulture, Cap can't reliably reflect back his attacks, deflection is more likely, and Vulture is FAR more mobile, he'll find an opening.

Last edited:
Voting Vulture. He has the mobility and he's smart enough to not go hand to hand against cap. Plus, SBA means this is in Central Park, so there's nothing much for Cap to bounce his shield around off of to hit an airborne opponent. Deflection helps, but that's only so reliable, especially against someone as cautious as Vulture.

There's just one problem however... wouldn't Vulture run away in character? His whole thing is wanting to avoid conflict with the Avengers and defeating Cap in any way, even if in a non-lethal way, is bound to get attention that Tomes does not want.

SBA makes it so that he can't run away.

And I mean tbh he did fight Spider-Man fully by the end, this could be a similar scenario

If Cap is fighting Vulture, that means it's too late for the latter to remain unknown. His best shot to stay hidden is taking out Cap, not running away

Not that it matters here but the enemy is allowed to self BFR
"Furthermore characters will not give up of their own accord. That means a character that is uninterested or sees no chance of winning won't simply leave"

...I don't think so

Back