• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well there's two facts. Korra cant get through the shield, she'd have to figure out a way to go around it. And it would only take one hit from Cap's Shield to take out Korra
So it shouldn't be allowed. You already gave Korra so many disadvantages, so Cap with 8-B Shield on top of all of that makes it pretty unfair to Korra, especially when he uses the shield all the time in character

Korra has an 8-B key as well so maybe it's better to use that instead

And yes you can disable standard equipment if it boost the character to a higher tier, such as in this case

So it shouldn't be allowed. You already gave Korra so many disadvantages, so Cap with 8-B Shield on top of all of that makes it pretty unfair to Korra, especially when he uses the shield all the time in character

Korra has an 8-B key as well so maybe it's better to use that instead

And yes you can disable standard equipment if it boost the character to a higher tier, such as in this case
If we disable standard equipment, then it’s a stomp in favour of korra.

Thats just wincons. Is it that hard to come up with an argument for korra winning.
With that many things going against her? Yes, because none of her bending can get through the shield, and Cap one shots with it

On top of that it takes place specifically where Korra is unable to Waterbend, making her options much more limited

Meanwhile Cap knows the area well, his shield one shot and has a majkr advantage with the shield

Even though she doesn't have the avatar state, Korra can still produce a lot of fire. Most of Cap's body will be shielded, but his legs are getting burned. She could probably push him off the tower with with a fire explosion or airbending.

Last edited:
Sorry, but caps knowledge of the stark elevator gives him a clear advantage here. Reporting this thread as a stomp!!!!

Well to begin with, Season 1-2 Korra isn't very smart. Apart from being outright less powerful, it's a major plot point that she's a lot less of an adult here. Compared to Captain America, he's going to have a significant advantage in just sheer intelligence.

S1-S2 Korra would definitely just try to brute force through his shield and waste an enormous amount of energy because she can't do shit to it. At equal speed it'd only be a matter of time before Captain America cleaves through her with his shield, which in this fight nulls everything Korra can do. Sure, she could try to get around her shield, but S1-S2 isn't noted for being clever, and I doubt she could formulate an actual plan to beat him.

I vote Cap.

Cap FRA I guess, but I still think it's pretty unfair to Korra as Cap already got many advantages here so restricting her waterbending isn't needed

I mean it is extremely unfair, no doubt from me.
Yeah it's literally made in a way that Cap will just have an easy win. OP literally stated he purposely made it on the tower so Korra will not have access to waterbending here, when Cap already have knowledge of the tower, as well as the ability to one shot with the shield, while Korra can't do the same.

Yeah it's literally made in a way that Cap will just have an easy win. OP literally stated he purposely made it on the tower so Korra will not have access to waterbending here, when Cap already have knowledge of the tower, as well as the ability to one shot with the shield, while Korra can't do the same.
Now that I think about it, korra wouldn’t be able to earth bend as well considering Stark Tower is mostly made out of metal.

Yeah this is kind of ridiculous to me, no reason to restrict one of her main elements.

Also Cap's combat skills are heavily overrated, one of his equals in terms of skill, Bucky, got casually blocked by a kid with practically no experience.

And they themselves are just trained soldiers their combat abilities are not supernatural like you would say with Bang or Garou.

I still think that Korra could produce enough fire to get around the shield and get to Cap's legs, eventually incapping him. Been a while since I watched the Marvel movies, but I remember that he doesn't usually block his entire body.

I still think that Korra could produce enough fire to get around the shield and get to Cap's legs, eventually incapping him. Been a while since I watched the Marvel movies, but I remember that he doesn't usually block his entire body.
If this is about getting around his shield Korra could easily use her earthbending and create a huge stone spike right under Cap's feet.

If this is about getting around his shield Korra could easily use her earthbending and create a huge stone spike right under Cap's feet.
Yeah but there's no need to restrict Korra's waterbending here. Though I'm not sure how in character trapping him in the ground is for Korra at this point

Problem is, the op says that the match is on top of a tower, so there's likely no earhtbending involved.
On top of restricting water bending they made it so Korra has access no access to earth? Nah fan this is obviously fixed in Cap's favor.

There's no fun in this, might as well make it so they are fighting during an eclipse so Korra can't use fire bending as well Imao.

If i change the fight location to make it fair im gonna have to give cap pre knowledge so he doesn't die to a spike in half a second

If i change the fight location to make it fair im gonna have to give cap pre knowledge so he doesn't die to a spike in half a second
He doesn't need any knowledge. He already can one shot with the shield and has 8-C durability so Korra don't one shot either

At this point it becomes pretty clear you basically try to set the battle in a way that Korra 100% loses. While it's ok for one character to win over the others, it's not ok for OP to manipulate the battle in a way that clearly biased toward one of them

the shield isn't omnidirectional she has ways to injure cap. Ill give both pre knowledge on eachother is that good for u

the shield isn't omnidirectional she has ways to injure cap. Ill give both pre knowledge on eachother is that good for u
Yes, but none of her bending will get past the shield, and since she doesn't have accesss to Waterbending or Earthbending, it makes her options pretty limited, especially when she isn't that experienced with air (as she learned it recently)

Knowledge will be good, but actually letting Korra to use Waterbending or Earthbending is way better.

The only knowledge I think is needed is for Korra to be aware of Cap's shield being able to one shot her, and for Cap he should know she can use the elemental powers

Does Korra even need knowledge for the shield? It seems like its common sense to avoid a shield that blocks everything you throw at, even if Korra is immature in this key.

Does Korra even need knowledge for the shield? It seems like its common sense to avoid a shield that blocks everything you throw at, even if Korra is immature in this key.
Yeah, because giving her that knowledge is the least that could be given to her given how he restricted both waterbending and earthbending for her

Back