• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moonshadow137

He/Him
So, remaking this one. It got deemed a stomp but I think I can add one thing or two to the discussion and I've consulted with Impress about it.

Captain America vs Harry Potter
Both 8-C, starting distance of 10 meters, speed equalized. Cap has his shield and an HK416.

Captain America:

Harry Potter: 7 (shansome, Lynieryz, Popted2, CiscoTheSoto, FantaRin_The_First, Jamesthetaker, LIFE_OF_KING)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Basically, the main argument there was that Cap would block everything Harry could throw at him and then beat the boy into a pulp. Well, that would certainly happen if Cap got into melee range, but blocking Expelliarmus might not be possible (it's not always a projectile with travel speed, many times it's a target spell) and even if it is, hitting the enemy's weapon is kinda the whole point. The shield would fly away from Cap's grasp and then Harry would most likely have a nice edge in mobility (with Apparition and Firebolt if he has it) and range with his spells while keeping Cap from getting to his stonewall shield with some key area control spells.

Also, nothing stopping Harry from casting Evanesco - another spell that doesn't care for being "blocked" - at Cap's shield and BFRing it away, which would nullify that side of things completely.

Last edited:
Cap is far more skilled, but he always tries to block attacks, no matter how weird they are, with his shield. Expelliarmus is going to stun him and knock the shield flying, yeah. Even if Harry doesn't use his go-to spell, there's a bunch of other magic stuff that'd work.

I'm don't think knocking the shield off Cap is possible for Harry since he would need 6-C AP or Class 100 LS to do it. Assuming Harry would remove the shield from him in one way or another, Cap wouldn't have problem dodging Harry spells given his experience against gunfire and energy blast.

Also, weren't Harry only used the Vanishing Spell once or twice? What are the chance for him to pull it out before Cap close the gap between them?

This is not a vote btw.

I'm don't think knocking the shield off Cap is possible for Harry since he would need 6-C AP or Class 100 LS to do it. Assuming Harry would remove the shield from him in one way or another, Cap wouldn't have problem dodging Harry spells given his experience against gunfire and energy blast.

Also, weren't Harry only used the Vanishing Spell once or twice? What are the chance for him to pull it out before Cap close the gap between them?

This is not a vote btw.
Harry has no chance of destroying/knocking away the shield with pure force, even with his explosive and fire spells. But the entire point of expelliarmus(the Disarming Spell) is that it magically disarms your opponent. Their weapon/wands fly out of their hands or get yanked towards the caster. And Cap would definitely not be expecting his shield to do that.

Also, if Harry sees a terrifying, badass warrior human running at him with a shield he's probably just going to use Depulso to fling Cap's shield and Cap away. Levicorpus would also work- not sure what Cap could do dangling in the air(though I'm not sure Harry would use this prank spell in combat.)
As for speed, Harry can draw his wand decently fast and fire off a spell, especially if it's stuff he's used to like the disarming spell. With a set distance, he can hit Cap or teleport away before he gets rushed.

I'm don't think knocking the shield off Cap is possible for Harry since he would need 6-C AP or Class 100 LS to do it.
I don't really think Experlliarmus interacts with LS at all, it behaves more like a ''disarming hax" than anything else, magically removing the enemies' weapons from their grip. Otherwise there would be no point to the spell, they would just use Wingardium Leviosa or Accio.

I mean, like disarming your opponent magically doesn't equal to having higher LS, unless you can show me Harry doing that. Though, I do believe Harry have a variety of spells to disarm opponent.

I mean, like disarming your opponent magically doesn't equal to having higher LS, unless you can show me Harry doing that.
What I mean is that Expelliarmus shouldn't be interacting with LS at all, as it's a specific form of hax, not telekinesis or anything like that. The weapon flies away on it's own, completely unrelated to whatever Harry can or cannot lift.

But yes, he does have a variety of ways of disarming an enemy.

Doesn't Cap have some sort of magnetic device to bring the shield to him? This may be able to nullify the effects of expelliarmus, or at least bring it back after it's knocked away.

This may be able to nullify the effects of expelliarmus, or at least bring it back after it's knocked away.
That may be true, yes, though I think its area of effect is not that high and Expelliarmus knocks the target's weapons pretty far away. It also wouldn't be of any use if Harry used the Vanishing Spell.

That may be true, yes, though I think its area of effect is not that high and Expelliarmus knocks the target's weapons pretty far away. It also wouldn't be of any use if Harry used the Vanishing Spell.
True.

I think Cap is probably fast enough to dodge all of the dodgeable spells, Harry's AOE's and unblockable spells would probably do a lot of damage. Not sure if Cap could break through Harry's shields either.

would block everything Harry could throw at him and then beat the boy into a pulp. Well, that would certainly happen if Cap got into melee range, but blocking Expelliarmus might not be possible (it's not always a projectile with travel speed, many times it's a target spell) and even if it is, hitting the enemy's weapon is kinda the whole point. The shield would fly away from Cap's grasp and then Harry would most likely have a nice edge in mobility (with Apparition and Firebolt if he has it) and range with his spells while keeping Cap from getting to his stonewall shield with some key area control spells.
He would probably go for Disarming the opponent and then trying to incap Steve with spells like Levicorpus and Petrificus Totalus.

Last edited:
Would the shield calling back to Captain be quick enough for Steve to block another spell from Harry, because I'm not sure it would be. Harry's increased maneuverability in the air would also likely be a bit much for Cap to handle. Harry can theoretically end the fight in one hit, and it seems to me he has an easier way of doing it than Cap.

As much as I don't want to vote for Harry Potter, his wincon seems easier to get than Cap just...punching him or throwing a shield at him. Throwing his shield would lead to him being open for attacks, and it would basically be the only way he could hit Harry, which would be hard to do because of Harry's increased maneuverability.

I thought projectile speed wasn't equal? Giving Steve a gun evens things up though.

I just don't like the Harry Potter franchise

I thought projectile speed wasn't equal? Giving Steve a gun evens things up though.
Dunno about projectile speed, but guns are only Subsonic+ to Supersonic+ and Steve's reactions are Massively Hypersonic, so equalizing speed makes Harry Massively Hypersonic as well, which should be good enough to react on time

Also I don't really know how 9-C guns work on the MCU, but theoretically since Harry's 9-B he should be able to take a bullet

Dunno about projectile speed, but guns are only Subsonic+ to Supersonic+ and Steve's reactions are Massively Hypersonic, so equalizing speed makes Harry Massively Hypersonic as well, which should be good enough to react on time

Also I don't really know how 9-C guns work on the MCU, but theoretically since Harry's 9-B he should be able to take a bullet
eh, piercing damage could mean that he can't take a bullet. Bullets irl pierce things like bears and other things that would theoretically be considered 9-B, like...a car or smth idk.

Gave him a gun, though I think the point we made for Expeliarmus and his shield should apply just as much for the gun.

I think we've seen Neville use it to disarm two people at once, but not two objects on the same person at once, so I don't know.

Well jeez this fight just got a bit more interesting lol.

Might wait for other people to come in and see what they think. I'm not big on HP but a lot bigger on MCU

I wouldn't give Captain America a gun, that seems pretty out of character.
Harry usually fights by keeping his distance and rapidly spamming different spells as well as shields/counters to what his opponent is doing(everyone in HP basically fights like Harry does).

Well rn I'm voting harry
The sheer versatility of the spell spam. Even Cap can dodge all the direct bolts after being disarmed of his vibranium shield, there's a bunch of other stuff harry has like explosion spells/other aoes. I also don't think Cap can do much against Harry's shields without magic, even if he does have a free gun.
There's a bunch of optional stuff Harry can pull out like the mind hax, teleporting away, and his flying broomstick. Also, if Harry uses his invisibility cloak and continues to fire spells there is basically nothing Cap can do.

Back