• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can you get canned (and regenerate)?

ArachDusa

She/Her
In this scene from RWBY, we see a corgi getting physically stuffed into a cylindrical container which is smaller and thinner than its body, to the point where his body gets squished into a cylinder itself before snapping back to its natural form unharmed.
If this happened to a dog, human or any other animal that doesn't have some level of elasticity, this would cause pretty severe damage to their body, and probably kill them. As I said, the scene I'm referencing shows the animal in question not being injured at all, probably because it's a gag scene rather than a genuine example of Zwei having elasticity of toonforce. Because of this, I want to steer the conversation away from talking about revising Zwei's profile in any way, and instead will ask a much simpler question.
If an organic character were to survive getting stuffed into a container of a similar scale (compared to their body) to the one shown in this scene, actually get injured by this, and simply regenerate afterwards, what tier of regeneration would that require?

In this case, it would most likely be grounds for limited elasticity.
But if you were to actually get canned, this would put you on the upper end of high-mid

That would require being severely crushed, so I'd say:

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a severed head, a single organ, or a finger.

Back