• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can the immortal die? Lets find out (SCP-682 vs Yogiri Takatou)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a discord but the lizard's concept can't be touch the difference between it and Yogiri Takatou is the practical makes it the same as them just fighting Monarch

Yeah one of three things happen here:

1. 682 gets nuked by death manip, immediately comes back and then nukes back Yogiri back with his own death manip that he adapted to (the lizard pulled that stunt on a Reality Warping and Law Manipulating power that was considered almighty even to people who killed an above baseline 1-A)

2. Lizard isn't even affected by the death powers to begin with, so he just walks up to Yogiri and eats him, nullifying his immortality in the process

3. The lizard gets nuked, 6820 wakes up, sinks back into the Noosphere and eats Yogiri's concept on a 1-A scale

Choose your bad ending.

682 gets nuked by death manip, immediately comes back and then nukes back Yogiri back with his own death manip that he adapted to (the lizard pulled that stunt on a Reality Warping and Law Manipulating power that was considered almighty even to people who killed an above baseline 1-A)
Never copied death manipulation before.
Lizard isn't even affected by the death powers to begin with, so he just walks up to Yogiri and eats him, nullifying his immortality in the process
Yogiri can kill type 5 but the lizard still kills him

It really doesn't matter if 682 has never copied death manip, considering he copied powers on a much higher scope and that are generally far more potent.

It possessed the machine because the machine was constantly erasing it from the Noosphere.

In any other situation where the machine isn't there, 6820 can just get back inside the Noosphere on its own and do whatever. Including respawning 682 or slapping Yogiri itself while it's at it.

Yeah one of three things happen here:

1. 682 gets nuked by death manip, immediately comes back and then nukes back Yogiri back with his own death manip that he adapted to (the lizard pulled that stunt on a Reality Warping and Law Manipulating power that was considered almighty even to people who killed an above baseline 1-A)

2. Lizard isn't even affected by the death powers to begin with, so he just walks up to Yogiri and eats him, nullifying his immortality in the process

3. The lizard gets nuked, 6820 wakes up, sinks back into the Noosphere and eats Yogiri's concept on a 1-A scale

Choose your bad ending.

i never saw 682 with law powers or resisting them though he is resistant to physics manipulation. (Does that count as resisting law too?)

I remember when 682 was an Incon machine cause it was unkillable to 99% of the wiki but had no offensive stuff… guess time shave changed lol

Different levels of Power Null, 682s ability to neg immorality is superior to his ability resist his immorality being negged.
I think it is wrong this foundation has multiple meaning they are probably just young leviathans and shouldn’t scale to SCP-682

I think it is wrong this foundation has multiple meaning they are probably just young leviathans and shouldn’t scale to SCP-682
Why? Its not insane for characters to have different levels of powers, thats how layers and such exist, we know 682 exists in various other universes and in EC if a 682 eats another one it negs their immorality simple as.

i never saw 682 with law powers or resisting them though he is resistant to physics manipulation. (Does that count as resisting law too?)
Not 682 itself technically, but Kate McTiriss's proposal was used to nuke 6820 (the machine that 682 possessed) and 6820-A from existence, and kinda failed, with 6820-A wiping it from existence back.

Also please for the love of god stop using "Leviathans". They're not a thing. It's just a name used for 682 in the Djoricverse tales.

There is more than one and if I recall we considered SCP-682 an odd one out that is why he use to scale above the scarlet king.

Dont all the 3-D 682s connect back to the same concept? Which would be the one that scales around Scarlet King. Each universe has its own 682 which im pretty sure all connect to the same concept.

There is more than one and if I recall we considered SCP-682 an odd one out that is why he use to scale above the scarlet king.
We absolutely never considered 682 to be above the Scarlet King or if we did, it's through some extremely whack and wrong interpretation we no longer use. In Djoricverse he's only one among a tons of similar beings born from the Scarlet King, and afaik isn't considered special in any way.

Either way we have no reasons to consider other 682s in SCP-6001 to be lesser than the main one, especially since they're all considered equally immortal.

some extremely whack and wrong interpretation we no longer use. In Djoricverse he's only one among a tons of similar beings born from the Scarlet King, and afaik isn't considered special in any way.
The 49th comment in particular is interesting then.
Either way we have no reasons to consider other 682s in SCP-6001 to be lesser than the main one, especially since they're all considered equally immortal.
Besides their being more than one they weren't really testing them they left each other alone their knowledge is limited, hell we don't know what tests they did on theirs.

If the main 682 isn’t regarded as special besides being in the main universe why wouldn’t the others just scale to that 682? They should at least all have the same biology and Type 4 and 9

The 49th comment in particular is interesting then.
Besides their being more than one they weren't really testing them they left each other alone their knowledge is limited, hell we don't know what tests they did on theirs.
I was talking about 6820-A. No one scales to 682's true form directly. But 682 itself isn't above the Scarlet King.

I don't even know what you want to say anymore, you're just rambling about testing and shit like it matters to your point.

The True Form is why it's immortal in the first place. It's an explanation why 682 is the way it is, due to being the embodiment of the difference between life and death and shit, and also probably meant to be 682's true form mentioned in earlier articles. It's not some special boon granted to this one specific 682. So unless it's actually heavily contradicted, it's okay to assume 682 is an essophysical embodiment in other articles.

If you think people are just following word of God then no it is also stated SCP-682 isn't natural hostile it is just humans and most like are like eldritch monsters to it which it responds to violently.

Isnt the True Form of 682 like literally of concept of what 682 is? So if a 682 exists it should be connected to that concept.

Yeah author intent doesn't matter here. 6001 doesn't contradict 6820 being a thing, and Placeverse things implicitly apply to other canons unless contradicted anyho.

Not really. The point of the tale is that only timelines where 682 never dies exist. Since ones where 682 dies got erased. And other versions of 682 in that tale were clearly not 6820 essophysical embodiments for a number of reasons. So I think it's fair to say that versions of 682 in the Lucky Dinosaur that aren't inherently immortal like the actual 682 just aren't 6820 embodiments.

Which doesn't apply to 6002 682s, which are very clearly the same type of entity as the main timeline 682, just ones that stopped being murderous.

Not really. The point of the tale is that only timelines where 682 never dies exist. Since ones where 682 dies got erased. And other versions of 682 in that tale were clearly not 6820 essophysical embodiments for a number of reasons. So I think it's fair to say that versions of 682 in the Lucky Dinosaur that aren't inherently immortal like the actual 682 just aren't 6820 embodiments.

Which doesn't apply to 6002 682s, which are very clearly the same type of entity as the main timeline 682, just ones that stopped being murderous.
They're still murderous they just have a wall between them. That said this thread should be closed for being a stop and if you want to continue this argument we can go to the scp discussion thread for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back