• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
(I’m doing this on mobile so it might look awful, I’m sorry)
Ok, I was super bored today so I went through some Bayverse stuff to see if I can upgrade them, and I noticed that we are still downplaying Shockwave tiers. In the canon DotM video game prequel, Optimus refers to Shockwave as “as tough as they come.” This would include the Fallen, as the game takes place after RotF.

This is referring to his strength and durability, as directly after this, Optimus says that he can’t do anything against Shockwave’s armor, and as we know, Shockwave is physically stronger than Optimus, shown by how he can easily overpower him during their fight.

In the Vector Sigma bios for the movie characters, Megatron is stated to be able to rival Shockwave

Because of this, I’m proposing we upgrade Shockwave tier characters (Shockwave, DotM Megatron, Galvatron, TLK Megatron, Jetwing Optimus, and the other goobers) to low 7-C based on scaling above the Fallen’s durability. The goobers being this strong also isn’t contradictory, as the DotM Breygent trading cards say that Optimus is stronger than ever.
document-20220503-0010.jpg

Votes:
Agree (Shockbased): XsoulofcinderX, Emrip Sutpimo, Klmao
Disagree (Lockdown fans):
Neutral (They kiss instead): Migue79

Last edited:
DotM Megatron, Galvatron, TLK Megatron, Jetwing Optimus, and the other goobers)
Shockwave and Jetwing Optimus I understand. But others definitely don't. Jetwing Optimus is a glass cannon and it isn't something that amps his durability. Only his AP and flight. His boss fight even backs this up, as the health bar does not change in the slightest.

Secondly, you forgot to point out that DOTM Optimus being stronger would mean 2007 to ROTF Optimus would have to be downgraded as 8-A currently comes from TLK Optimus. 2007 to ROTF Optimus should upscale to baseline 8-A from Blackout's 8-B+ calc. Character around this level should be 8-B+ to baseline 8-A

Shockwave and Jetwing Optimus I understand. But others definitely don't. Jetwing Optimus is a glass cannon and it isn't something that amps his durability.
It withstood him ramming through Driller
Only his AP and flight. His boss fight even backs this up, as the health bar does not change in the slightest.
That’s not at all a sturdy argument.
Secondly, you forgot to point out that DOTM Optimus being stronger would mean 2007 to ROTF Optimus would have to be downgraded as 8-A currently comes from TLK Optimus. 2007 to ROTF Optimus should upscale to baseline 8-A from Blackout's 8-B+ calc. Character around this level should be 8-B+ to baseline 8-A
I’m doing rotf scaling in another thread, but this affects like, 2 characters, but I guess?

Eh I don't agree with ROTF Prime not scaling to 8-A+. There ain't much confirming ROTF Prime to be that overwhelmingly weaker. The 8-A+ calc was also done on an Optimus who received battle wounds from Lockdown, ran out of juice and went into stasis lock before reviving after crashing into Cybertron. ROTF Prime should at least downscale if nothing else (Though I think they should just be comparable, 9.174 metric tons to 13.65 metric tons AKA 30,000 lbs isn't that big of a mass difference).

Eh I don't agree with ROTF Prime not scaling to 8-A+. There ain't much confirming ROTF Prime to be that overwhelmingly weaker. The 8-A+ calc was also done on an Optimus who received battle wounds from Lockdown, ran out of juice and went into stasis lock before reviving after crashing into Cybertron. ROTF Prime should at least downscale if nothing else (Though I think they should just be comparable, 9.174 metric tons to 13.65 metric tons AKA 30,000 lbs isn't that big of a mass difference).
I stated this on Discord, but there's not much to suggest that ROTF Optimus scales to DOTM Optimus either, especially when the latter has better feats than the former. Plus I don't think it's that huge of a gap. Both are still well within 8-A.

Assuming the sources aren't contradicted by primary canon (The movies), I suppose I can give my blessing to green-light scaling the goobers to the Fallen.

Also, all this talk of the Fallen and you MFers haven't made a profile on him. A plague upon you and your families till the heat death of the universe.

Back