• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can ask for a content revision on Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
4Q4ixYn_d.webp
J6PLSTF_d.webp
So I want to revise a base Spider-Man since I believe his strength is on par with the thing I have feats to prove it as well so first k want to say Spider-Man has overpowered doc ocks arms multiple times in the comics and destroyed them too which based off this is doc ock feat ( this would a large city level to large island level feat)
Has also matched strength and slightly overpowered carnivore as stated from the text
7mzZ708_d.webp

I also want to discuss rhino and how he has shown to be at least on the things level
pjiPkmP_d.webp

qbjfgaY_d.webp

87UK9Og_d.webp

GpepZQp_d.webp

Thing%2024-14.jpg

Yes. Marvel Comics has an "everybody can fight everybody regardless of their respective power levels" policy.

Please read the following page for further information.

Yes. Marvel Comics has an "everybody can fight everybody regardless of their respective power levels" policy.

Please read the following page for further information.

I understand and have read it but I think you guys didn’t look at all his feats and I am providing him and would like you guys to revaluate his status please I understand some might disagree but I have been showing feats that are consistent and I still have more

No, this isn’t how CRTs work. You don’t just spam images, especially when they’re unsourced (I’ve already told you that you’re required to post the name of the comic that each scan is from).
I can easily find the sources if you want my friend has read all these comics as well and provided the feats to me

All this thread is doing is just spam-posting a bunch of scans without sources or context

Two of the Spider-Man vs Hulk scans clearly depicted Hulk as WAY stronger once Hulk regained his strength, and powerscaling to characters like Silver Surfer is bullshit unless there's proof he wasn't holding back (not to forget that Norrin is WAY above Thing's level, it's 3-C vs 5-B)

If Spidey is 5-B, how do you explain the unironically tens of thousands of anti-feats? Where he's hurt by being smashed through buildings, bullets, struggling to do things within tier 8 like holding up a building, explosions that take out buildings or a block tops damaging him and putting him on his ass, etc?
Like sure, a anti-feat here and there is to be expected, but we're talking about 99% of the time here.

Nobody is saying Spidey doesn't have insanely high end feats, the question is if it's consistent.

All this thread is doing is just posting a bunch of scans without sources or context

Two of the Spider-Man vs Hulk scans clearly depicted Hulk as WAY stronger once Hulk regained his strength and powerscaling to characters like Silver Surfer is bullshit unless there's proof he wasn't holding back (not to forget that Norrin is WAY above Thing's level, it's 3-C vs 5-B)
That’s not true and Spider-Man fought a carnage amped silver surfer so they aren’t bs these feats have context also I have the context with the feats

We should only rate him based on his own raw power feats rather than based on everybody he has fought, much like most other Marvel and DC Comics characters. The scaling goes completely insane otherwise.
Ok well then can I also request this for the thing then since as I have asked from some of your calc guys like bambu I showed him the things lifting feats and he did that the daily bugle feat was better than those feats and also I have this feat I needed to be calced please

That’s not true
Read the dialogue. After his strength returned (imply he was weaker when Spidey punched him), Hulk effortlessly broke out of Spider-Man's webbing, and iron bars which Spidey thought would slow down Hulk didn't do shit, which made Spidey question what it would be like to be that strong
Spider-Man fought a carnage amped silver surfer
Still bullshit, because what you're trying to propose is scaling Spider-Man to a Galaxy level character as proof that Spider-Man is as strong as a Planet level character

If Spidey is 5-B, how do you explain the unironically tens of thousands of anti-feats? Where he's hurt by being smashed through buildings, bullets, struggling to do things within tier 8 like holding up a building, explosions that take out buildings or a block tops damaging him and putting him on his ass, etc?
Like sure, a anti-feat here and there is to be expected, but we're talking about 99% of the time here.

Nobody is saying Spidey doesn't have insanely high end feats, the question is if it's consistent.
I believe it is the thing also has struggled to hold buildings or part of buildings multiple times but we ignore that Spider-Man lifted the daily bugle which was heavier than what the thing has lifted and the hydraulic press feat is similar to this feat
QI74VNf_d.webp

gyOXmyE_d.webp

dmb1ypS_d.webp

First of all, while I appreciate that you are trying to help out with the Spider-Man upgrades, as others have said it would be best if you made a blog post here using all of those fight scenes and for making calculations.

And while that is a lot of time Rhino might have knocked Thing or a held back Hulk back, and the handbook describes Rhino as being Thing's weight class lifting strength wise, that's more so for lifting feats rather than striking strength/power. Also, there are some questions against the handbook.

I believe it is the thing also has struggled to hold buildings or part of buildings multiple times but we ignore that Spider-Man lifted the daily bugle which was heavier than what the thing has lifted and the hydraulic press feat is similar to this feat
Read the dialogue. After his strength returned (imply he was weaker when Spidey punched him), Hulk effortlessly broke out of Spider-Man's webbing, and iron bars which Spidey thought would slow down Hulk didn't do shit, which made Spidey question what it would be like to be that strong

Still bullshit, because what you're trying to propose is scaling Spider-Man to a Galaxy level character as proof that Spider-Man is as strong as a Planet level character
He also broke through his own webbing as a feat I showed above and I haven’t even mentioned the firelord feat which he’s you could say is an outlier but the carnage amped silver surfer feat and other feats are showing me otherwise

First of all, while I appreciate that you are trying to help out with the Spider-Man upgrades, as others have said it would be best if you made a blog post here using all of those fight scenes and for making calculations.

And while that is a lot of time Rhino might have knocked Thing or a held back Hulk back, and the handbook describes Rhino as being Thing's weight class lifting strength wise, that's more so for lifting feats rather than striking strength/power. Also, there are some questions against the handbook.
Their are but i do agree that the rhino is the things weight class based off how he has matched the thing in strength

It is not going to happen. Sorry. If we followed your logic of powerscaling everybody based on who they have fought, we would end up with aunt May in the same tier as the Living Tribunal.

That’s not true and Spider-Man fought a carnage amped silver surfer so they aren’t bs these feats have context also I have the context with the feats
My brother in Christ. The feats in question might exist, but they aren't consistent, that's the issue.

This would be like scaling Batman to tier 4 or 5 because he fought Martian Manhunter and hurt him that one time, like yeah it DID happen, but it isn't consistent at all and ignores the other times they fought and he was fodder, as well as the untold countless anti-feats that happen quite literally all the time that has Batman in like tier 9ish where he's getting hurt being smashed through walls, room sized explosions, and other stuff.
Then you're arguing The Thing is actually tier 8, not that Spidey is punching out planets. That isn't a Spidey upgrade, that's a Thing downgrade.
In which case, what's consistent for the Thing? What is he usually depicted as? What are his enemies usually depicted as? What's common? How many feats above those anti-feats you mentioned exist? etc.
Obviously, The Thing has anti feats, but are the anti-feats so common that they discredit his higher end feats? In the same vain most people here disagree with tier 5 spidey due to what's consistent, the same goes for downgrades, is The Thing consistently around Spidey's level? Or are you just pointing one or two examples out of the hundreds that exist?

You're also comparing LS, to AP, while there can be some connection between the two, and LS can even be calced as AP, AP can't really be calced as LS.

You're better off making a blog and compiling all feats in general, and seeing what's overall consistent before making a thread like this.

As a long-time Spidey reader, all it takes to disprove 5-B Spidey is grab a bunch of random comics and you'll see how his general portrayal is far from being even remotely on that level.

Hell, he is closer to being a street character than a heavy hitter, and his whole concept as a character falls apart the moment you assume be can blow up planets, and imho, his current tier is more than generous.

Comics characters aren't meant to be consistent, they are puppets in the hands of the hundreds of authors that handled them and sacrificed an impossibly complicated powerscaling for the sake of the stories, for every absurd fighting feat you can find 500 that contradict it.

So no, Spidey's not a planet buster, and him occasionally holding his own againdt characters who suffer from the very same problem doesn't help the cause at all.

As I mentioned elsewhere, Aunt May is not significantly weaker than J. Jonah Jameson, and J. Jonah Jameson once punched Spider-Man bloody without any equipment, and Spider-Man has defeated the Rhino, who has fought with the Thing, and the Thing has fought with the Hulk, and the Hulk has fought with Thor, who has fought with skyfathers, who have fought with Galactus, who has fought with Celestials, who created the Beyonders, who beat up the Living Tribunal.

The Celestials also blew up The First Firmament, who defeated multiversal Eternity, and Thor, Hyperion and Starbrand defeated Beyonders on their own, and the Black Panther defeated the Tiger God, who defeated the Logos, who defeated Celestials en masse, and also matched the full multiversal Phoenix Force, who was shown to be far more powerful than the Beyonders in the same story.

Hence, Aunt May would in theory be able to beat up The First Firmament.

That is where this type of unwillingness to accept that powerscaling doesn't work for Marvel Comics leads us to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back