• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean there's three ways becoming a mod goes.
1. They get promoted and work consistently hard.
2. They get promoted, work hard, burn out, stay silent for eternity.
3. They get promoted and instantly become inactive.
They should really come up with a fix, and preferably one that could involve getting calcs validated by the community members with basics if they've been lingering for too long. It's not really fair for people to have to wait for YEARS to simply see one of their many calcs getting accepted.

They should really come up with a fix, and preferably one that could involve getting calcs validated by the community members with basics if they've been lingering for too long. It's not really fair for people to have to wait for YEARS to simply see one of their many calcs getting accepted.
Nah, that'd bring too much anarchy. I'd say putting in a small weekly quota would be better, like "please evaluate around 7 calculations a week", and that's it. Could be lower or higher, idk how hard the evaluation job is, but it can get annoying when you see people bumping calcs for the 9000th time while some calc members haven't been active for actual months it seems.

Edit: the month part was an accidental over exaggeration. But there's definitely people who you'll barely see or who won't evaluate anything you sent them despite not having a warning in their profile about them not checking stuff sent to their page.

Nah, that'd bring too much anarchy. I'd say putting in a small weekly quota would be better, like "please evaluate around 7 calculations a week", and that's it. Could be lower or higher, idk how hard the evaluation job is, but it can get annoying when you see people bumping calcs for the 9000th time while some calc members haven't been active for actual months it seems.

Edit: the month part was an accidental over exaggeration. But there's definitely people who you'll barely see or who won't evaluate anything you sent them despite not having a warning in their profile about them not checking stuff sent to their page.
I assume it depends on each calc's length of time needed to re-create it and see if the results match like some scientists do w/new discoveries; some could take a few minutes/hours, others days or even weeks.

I assume it depends on each calc's length of time needed to re-create it and see if the results match like some scientists do w/new discoveries; some could take a few minutes/hours, others days or even weeks.
It'd make sense but most calcs aren't shonen calcs that were filed down to pixel perfect precision over time. They are usually "dude broke wall. Wall square. Wall this big compared to dude. Frag is 8 j/cc, he is wall level". Like it'd take a few minutes to check if it's right.

I highly doubt every Calc member is gonna respect that quota plus they're gonna have to dig the very old untapped ones from like 3 years ago and work their way up progressively with new calcs emerging and it'll just take ages.

I highly doubt every Calc member is gonna respect that quota plus they're gonna have to dig the very old untapped ones from like 3 years ago and work their way up progressively with new calcs emerging and it'll just take ages.
3 years is an over exaggeration. It's more like a few calcs forgotten to be evaluated who've been bumped for a few months.

Anyways let's not clutter the thread.

Back