• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calamity RP - Game Thread

While nothing seems to interfere with the feeding on the surface, the surroundings seem a little strange, as if they had residual calamity energy around them. Oddly, the water just doesn't take in at all, somehow remaining the same despite attempts at consuming it.
Noticing the odd behaviour of the water and the leftover traces of calamitous energy, the star being decides to investigate the source of the disrturbace by following the trail and find the source.

@Listentomyrhytm and @MaidRips
@Exploration group

It appears that the main Exclusion Zone itself is a few hundred miles North, though the signs for it "starting" begin at the northern edge of the city.

It appears to begin at a crater, in fact. A few makeshift signs can be seen, saying things like "Danger, North."
"Well, if it says danger, it's probably a calamity or some similar danger," Nate told the girls.

"maybe that has to do with why we are here or maybe not, but I want answers, you two can do whatever you want"

"If it is dangerous ... I do not think we should go ... "

The mysterious maiden whispered underneath her breath. Giving her two cents on the matter. Though she was currently a wanderer without a home, it wouldn't be wise to venture out into a place literally marked for danger.

"D-Danger huh... Let's see if it's more than just d-danger for normal humans I suppose..." Agatha would say, trying to get a bit higher to see what exactly was in said direction... She was still a bit surprised that these two were well, with her technically. Regardless, she tried to focus her view to see if there was anything out of... one would say ordinary, but technically everythinng is out of the ordinary here.

"Milady, be careful ... "

Tilting her head upwards. If there were others looking in that direction and they had just made themselves visible -- much less vulnerable -- it could spell disaster. But at the same time, if it was her wish to get to a greater height to take a look at what that zone's contents might have been ... She would promptly bend over with her hands on her hips, akin to the position of a chicken eating seeds off of the ground.

"You may use my back if you prefer."

@Ocean group

Strangely, Aleisa does not shut it off entirely, though it does seem to waver significantly in reaction to this, almost falling out of the sky, before, suddenly, accelerating faster and faster, and coming to a stop right in front of her, as if suspended in air. Aleisa can sense that it is indeed not functional now.

Then, as if in the blink of an eye, a man appears standing atop it.

"I'd advise against attacking these things. Doesn't paint a good picture."

The man gives off a sense of "calamity", but somehow it doesn't feel entirely right.
"And I'd advise against continuing your pursuit of us," the lobsterman replies with a threatening tone.

Last edited:
"Milady, be careful ... "

Tilting her head upwards. If there were others looking in that direction and they had just made themselves visible -- much less vulnerable -- it could spell disaster. But at the same time, if it was her wish to get to a greater height to take a look at what that zone's contents might have been ... She would promptly bend over with her hands on her hips, akin to the position of a chicken eating seeds off of the ground.

"You may use my back if you prefer."
"Milady...? That's... a new one." Agatha would think to herself, however she would nod. "Thank you... I'll try to be gentle as to not hurt you." She would smile, trying to gently get on her back.

@Hl3_or_bust

The building is fairly well reinforced, but given your abilities, you are able to enter through small gaps with relative ease.

The inside is rather simple, a few still functional lighting mechanisms and the wires that go along with such, as well as a locked hatch leading down.
Mimicking an animal it heard of distantly, the male's skin receives the coloration and texture of the metallic innards of the building, before pulling open the hatch and proceeding.

"Huh, interesting some folk are gathering up, I am curious in what they are doing but as the ancient saying goes "Curiosity erased the cats"," looking back around to see the holes he would gain a faint smile, then a grin, then full-blown laughter echoing and spreading throughout the area, it sounded as though a devil had been summoned and was laughing at the destruction of life and mankind, "I was interested in that area at first, but now I can't control myself" he would start to walk to the zone looking like an unhinged madman to those that saw him.

[Apologies for the delay, a national holiday happened]

@Overlord775

There doesn't appear to be a clear "trail" to follow, it seems more like power had been concentrated and then "left here" by someone. Likely another calamity, for whatever reason. Though one might surmise that it's someone who wanted the water to keep flowing.

@Survivor camp group

The camp is a lively place, people coming and going, bringing in various materials. Trading for food and the like. Some even appear to be growing something in small amounts. Various makeshift wooden huts can be seen. An older man approaches the ones looking around.

"Haven't seen you around here. You looking for something?"

@Ocean group

"Not quite one of them. It's a long story, what exactly I am, but I'm at least aware of a bit of what they're up to. You all have to understand, that event that caused you to appear did more than just that."

He explained a little, before casually kicking the plane aside, tearing it in half in a single strike.

"Gaia is not looking at you for no reason. Whatever that was caused a significant amount of alteration to their databases. That's why they're so curious, because you people showing up here was an event of greater scale than what you might think."

@Exploration group

Just walking that way seems to achieve little so far, though the flow of air in the place does seem to become different in some way. A few more signs can be seen, including one that states "Danger: Highly Radioactive."

The most distinctive feature that can be spotted, however, is a distant white glow. A slight bit of rumbling can be heard as well, if one focused hard enough.

@Andykhang

It takes a little effort, but the drone can at least partially be repaired, the data extracted is a set of instructions given to it.

It goes as follows:

Investigate the [DATA EXPUNGED]

Locate the source.

Track all applicable objects.

Maintain a safe distance.

Shut down if attacked.

@Hl3_or_bust

It seems to go well, the hatch is somewhat jammed, but is no trouble to open for a Calamity like you.

Below seems to be a small storage facility of sorts, as there is a short hallway to a room with various metallic boxes.

A somewhat degraded sign says the words "Alpha series storage facility."

The surroundings are illuminated solely by what appears to be a patrolling defense drone, armed with a few weapons and circling around the storage room itself. It does not detect you.

"See anything, milady?"

Her eyes showed no signs of fatigue nor discomfort. She merely crouched, hunched over, serving her purpose as she was so very used to. But what exactly lied beyond all of that? She had to admit, at least a little bit of curiosity had managed to wander into her mind.

"I'm lookin' for a guy called Rebuilder, or something like that."

[Apologies for the delay, a national holiday happened]

@Overlord775

There doesn't appear to be a clear "trail" to follow, it seems more like power had been concentrated and then "left here" by someone. Likely another calamity, for whatever reason. Though one might surmise that it's someone who wanted the water to keep flowing.
]It's fine, hope you enjoyed it]

Well then, wth no leads, the star being decides to simply follow the river downstream.

“Hm, so is it like an SCP thing…now what to do next?”

(So this is what it feel like to see a really interesting sidequest, when you’re not even done doing the tutorial…)

Thinking about what to do next, I continued repairing and upgrading the drone I got, studying it structure at the same times.

(Speaking of which, can they see me at the other side once I turn this thing back on again? If so, there must have been a source signal which control all the drone, connecting back to them…)

“Not like I want to find them right now, but that’s one thing of note when I do manage to find another one…Could be soon, if they’re what I thought they would be.”

Fiddling around to make sure that the drone can’t communicate back to the source without my permission, I finally done upgrading the drone, and let it fly away to some random direction, while keeping track of it position and what it see with another Haro.

“Okay, now that this drone can also turn into a mecha and do some stuff…It’s time to stop getting distracted by the sidequest and get to work.”

I then began to spawn construction bots, and get to work building a base right here.

@Ocean group

"Not quite one of them. It's a long story, what exactly I am, but I'm at least aware of a bit of what they're up to. You all have to understand, that event that caused you to appear did more than just that."

He explained a little, before casually kicking the plane aside, tearing it in half in a single strike.

"Gaia is not looking at you for no reason. Whatever that was caused a significant amount of alteration to their databases. That's why they're so curious, because you people showing up here was an event of greater scale than what you might think."
“I believe I have a fairly decent understanding of this events scale but I must agree with Gaia at least on this, I must know its cause?” Dimitri says as his body twitches again and he begins to scratch his neck.

"Gaia...?"

Some organization, i suppose.

"So, even in this world, people dying and coming to other worlds is not common. What do you want, anyway? I'd just rather get the hell out of here."

"As would I." Raine agrees with Aleisa.

He didn't really care about this organization or why he was transported to that warehouse. There was a time where he would have relished the details, but that time was over.

"What I would like to find out is when I get to go back to the ******' sea and stop having to look at your ugly ******' face."

Not yet reaching the sign warning of radiation already plagued by some minor side effects of preforming large scale mitosis retreats to the west swarm along with the east swarm. The west swarm starts to scouts further west.

"See anything, milady?"

Her eyes showed no signs of fatigue nor discomfort. She merely crouched, hunched over, serving her purpose as she was so very used to. But what exactly lied beyond all of that? She had to admit, at least a little bit of curiosity had managed to wander into her mind.
"W-Well... I see some white glow in the distance and... danger signs. Specifically ones that warn about radiactivity..."

@Hl3_or_bust

It seems to go well, the hatch is somewhat jammed, but is no trouble to open for a Calamity like you.

Below seems to be a small storage facility of sorts, as there is a short hallway to a room with various metallic boxes.

A somewhat degraded sign says the words "Alpha series storage facility."

The surroundings are illuminated solely by what appears to be a patrolling defense drone, armed with a few weapons and circling around the storage room itself. It does not detect you.
...?

The male carefully moves to the nearest of the metal boxes, avoiding the drone's line of sight as it does so. Wrapping a thin membrane around the top of the box, it secretes a tiny portion of quick-acting acid, essentially concentrated stomach acid with a few proteins positioned very close to natural denaturation. Assuming this works, and the box is not much thicker than it's outer dimensions would imply, it would detach the top portion from the rest, effectively de-lidding it.

@Overlord775

Heading downstream reveals a lake ahead, that seems to have a settlement around it. A sense of calamities being present can be had around there, as well. You are not close enough to cause any immediate alarm however, nor to detect any particular details.

@Survivor camp

"Oh, him? He hangs out in that big hut over there with his son. Think he's around right now, though he tends to go out sometimes when something needs dealing with."

The older man pointed towards a makeshift hut, thrown together from wood, metal and other available materials.

It doesn't seem to be guarded, and no one's around outside of it.

@Ocean

The man scratched his head.

"I'm just here to let you know to be careful. These... things have been showing up recently. I don't really know how to describe them, but they're dangerous, even to calamities. They've been showing up unpredictably, and the people over at Gaia think that event is related. Whatever the case, you'll know when you see them, and be careful if you do."

He explained.

@Exploration

Looking at the light longer showed that it seemed to... pulsate somewhat, as if it wasn't constant, but something being repeated at certain intervals. Though they couldn't identify what it was from this far away.

@Andykhang

Not all parts of the drone could be repaired properly, as it seems some were unique in a way that even you could not replicate. Powered by a small fraction of a calamity's energy, a distinct one. Consequently, reprogramming it also didn't quite succeed, as there had been protections put in place for this exact thing. Reactivating the drone does work, but it seems to respond unexpectedly.

"Tampering detected. Complete data wipe in progress."

A mechanical voice exits it, as it falls to the ground again. If it had any connection with whatever it was transferring information to, that would not remain the case for long.

Aside from that, the machines do not encounter any difficulty at the moment.

@Hl3_or_bust

This does succeed, and does not alert the drone as of yet, as it floats about other corners of the room. This reveals the contents of this box. A sizable single weapon with a short description inscribed on it.

"Experimental alpha series kinetic weapon - Railgun."

It was a particularly odd shape for a gun, almost rectangular, with an opening at the center from which the projectile would be fired, and about half the size of a person, though the weight would hardly be an issue to someone like him.

[do my scouts going west find nothing of interest to a being that has the goal of destroying everything that is not a calamity or am I part of a group and didn't realize]

Collecting back the drone, I once again fixed it to it working state, making sure to be thorough with the process.

“Also, it does use Calamity energy huh…”

Temporarily removing the part where it needs such energy and making workaround so that it won’t need to, I instead bring it back home to study the structure that run with calamity energy, as well as the battery that house it.

“Now this technology is even more interesting than I thought. This will definitely be nessesary for my future work.”

In the meantime, the working of the base is running smoothly, as the construction of the underground workshop is on it way.

Aleisa pats the angry lobster man on the back.

"Yeah yeah gramps, let it all out..."

She looks at the guy after he finished his explanation.

"Not a second of peace in this world, hm? In any case, thanks for the advice. We'll keep an eye out for the things. 'Till we meet again, if we do."

Aleisa turns around and asks the boomer on her back.

"You know the place, right? We've reached the ocean, where to?"

"Do not patronise me lass, I am feeling miffed," he turns his head to the waves. "Anyway just drop me down and descend for yourselves. I'll guide us through the depths."

“Well that was boring,” Kazuya said as he once again dismissed his weapon. He noticed the lobster man descending and started to make his way toward him.

Dimitri follows the others floating to the ground and waiting for the Crabs next directions, all while thinking about what life in the Sea will be like.

@Survivor camp

"Oh, him? He hangs out in that big hut over there with his son. Think he's around right now, though he tends to go out sometimes when something needs dealing with."

The older man pointed towards a makeshift hut, thrown together from wood, metal and other available materials.

It doesn't seem to be guarded, and no one's around outside of it.
"Alright, thank ya."

Time to head there.

Heading downstream reveals a lake ahead, that seems to have a settlement around it. A sense of calamities being present can be had around there, as well. You are not close enough to cause any immediate alarm however, nor to detect any particular details.
Feeling that the lake has the same link of protection as the rivers, the star being decides that someone in the settlement is the cause it.

Time to remove the problem.

The star heads towards the nuisance.

The fake crabman slams into the earth, creating a miniature crater, before climbing out and shaking dust and debris off of him. He then digs his primary claws into the ground.

Exoskeleton, muscle meat, blood as blue as saphire all spring forward from a good chunk of the ground as it's altered. Ligaments stretch like ropes, pulling fragments and fluid sacks together.

Before long a gigantic, monstrous approximation of a lobster emerges from the ground, dwarfing it's creator tenfold.

"Welp, in we go lads," he says, as the monster's body opens up like a maw, and he steps in it, waiting expectantly.

Last edited:
Raine lands close to the lobster and takes a look at it before stepping in. A hint of incredulity and embarrassment can be found on his face.

"Can you only make things in the form of a crutascean...?" He asks.

Back