• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calamity RP - Game Thread

It just keeps getting worse...

Aleisa goes on to enter the... lobster, giving up any semblance of even atempting a poker face.

Raine lands close to the lobster and takes a look at it before stepping in. A hint of incredulity and embarrassment can be found on his face.

"Can you only make things in the form of a crutascean...?" He asks.
"Is there a more perfect organism to replicate? But yes, this is indeed my lot in terms of anomalous capabilities. Not that I mind of course."

He then seems to become cognizant of all the weird stares levelled at him.

"Oh come on, it is not that weird. You," he point to Aleisa. "Can manipulate energy as if it's a child's plaything."

"You," one of his smaller secondary limbs points to Dimitri. "Can mess willy nilly with the laws of physics."

"And you," a tertiary limb points at Rain. "Don't have any shoes on. We're all a wee bit strange aren't we?"

The lobster closes into itself, and for a moment there is darkness. Soon enough however, bioluminescent strips light up the interior.

Two thin stalks emerge from the "ceiling" and connect to Karcer's eyes, seemingly biologically fusing into his flesh.

"Submerging," he says simply as a feeling of movement passes, replaced by one of floating.

Last edited:
Raine raises his eyebrow.

Of all things?

"Well I don't need shoes. My feet never actually touch the ground," and indeed on closer inspection they weren't dirty at all, "but I must say: I didn't expect my first time travelling under the surface of the sea to be like... this."

Dimitri walks around the interior of the Lobster studying the walls and bioluminescent lighting before saying “What a truely interesting ability though, to be able to transmutate non-biological matter into biological matter which not only matches your own but can even merge with you… how remarkable”

Aleisa tilts her head.

"Oh. That's what I was doing? It just kind of happened as I did it..."

That has... interesting implications.

"...still, i never read fantasy fiction or comics, but i don't imagine manipulation of lobsters is that common."

She starts playing with her powers like a child playing with fire, making small embers, electric currents and other random things.

"Do try to not blow everything up while you're doing that. Not that you couldn't survive the water pressure, but I don't think you'd particularly like getting wet," he says, despite not technically being able to see, before turning to Raine, still blinded by the extensions. "For someone constantly floating, that joke still had it easy flying over your head."

"The point is, we're all products of an eldritch happening. Some of us are just better at not being overt about it. I know you and the lass are new to this world. Believe me, I am far from the strangest thing you'll see," a smile then greets his lips, looking altogether far more unpleasant than the abomination you are riding inside of.

A soft thunk travels through the body of the living mount.

"We've hit the bottom. 3456 meters down. Or, was it 3465? Whatever, now it becomes a feeling game," he says, as he turns and his feelers extend outwards, shooting into the flesh of the lobster and fusing with it.

Last edited:
@Hl3_or_bust

This does succeed, and does not alert the drone as of yet, as it floats about other corners of the room. This reveals the contents of this box. A sizable single weapon with a short description inscribed on it.

"Experimental alpha series kinetic weapon - Railgun."

It was a particularly odd shape for a gun, almost rectangular, with an opening at the center from which the projectile would be fired, and about half the size of a person, though the weight would hardly be an issue to someone like him.
...!

Recognizing that the drone would continue to be a hinderance in this exploratory effort, the male thinks for a moment as it silently places the top of the box back into place, anticipating the drone to soon view that part of the room.

After a moment of thought and staring directly into the drone's light, a solution comes to mind: the drone's light is a filament lamp, a vacuum sealed orb with a super-heated wire of varying material that emits light, but mostly heat. It isn't entirely aware of the physics behind such a mechanism, but it knows that breaking the vacuum seal, or better yet the filament itself, would either severely damage the appliance or break it entirely.

Silently maneuvering underneath the drone, maintain a foot or so of space behind the light in case of sudden movements, the male forms it's pointer finger into a grossly extended keratin spike, about a foot and a half in length and similar in structure to the stinger of a wasp, to jab up through the light's housing and into the vacuum seal, both to compromise it and snip the filament. Ideally, this would resemble a simple mechanical failure, the filament being burnt out, in case of observation.

A cold chill passes through Aleisa's spine. The thought of not even having gotten to the tip of the iceberg is quite disconcerning.

"...gotcha."

She musters the lazy responce and just sits quietly and waits.

"That must be because I'm not actually floating." Raine responds to the lobster.

"Anyway -", Raine's silver eyes are now aimed at Kazuya, "- who are you?"

Kazuya smirks at the question and brushes his hair out of his face saying, “Don’t know if I said it earlier but my name is Kazuya, a pleasure to meet you all. I’m just a guy who’s seen enough of this world to realize having powerful allies is a good idea. That’s why I wish to ally myself with you guys.”

@Overlord775

The settlement begins to come into clearer view, several calamities can distinctly be sensed within it.

He feels a slight surge of calamity energy, and a bubble manifests around the settlement.

@Survivor camp

Abban arrives to it just in time to see a man rushing out. A large, tanned and muscular man with brown hair and bright red eyes, and without a shirt for that matter. Followed by a much smaller young man with blonde hair, also having bright red eyes. One might surmise that these people are who he was looking for.

The man seems to stare off into the distance, from which a light is emanating, and a calamity appears to be approaching.

"Damn it, what now? Can't we get a moment of peace? At least some of these new ones didn't immediately try to tear the place up."

The man makes a gesture with his hand, and a semi-transparent bubble seems to manifest around the camp.

@Ocean

The man is left behind. If any looked back at him, they would soon see him almost disperse into nothing, gone.

The descent is relatively safe, though the crustacean and Raine in particular can feel a strange sense of something being "off" in some way that isn't immediately apparent.

It reminds Raine of their power.

@Exploration

To those moving forward, the environment became increasingly dilapidated as they advanced. It was mostly desert from there, but it could be recognized that something happened here. Craters became more frequent, the area more destroyed. And then, came the realization as to what that light was. Those were explosions, constantly repeating in more or less the same place.

@Lou_change

[Are they just walking or are they moving at significant speeds, as this is an important factor. You'd see some more of the city if just walking.]

@Andykhang

The drone's entire system seems to be based around working using that energy. What's more, the energy used seems to not be generic, but rather that of a specific calamity. This would imply that either whoever made it is a calamity, employs them, or have captured one. Without those elements, redesigning it results in little more than a regular drone, lacking the unique traits it had.

The construction encounters no issues for now, as the area is largely abandoned.

@Hl3_or_bust

The attack succeeds, it appears this drone is rather old, not capable of meaningful reaction to a sudden obstacle. The light is shattered, leaving the room in darkness, though this means little for you.

The drone seems to begin following some automated pattern done in the event of damage, flying to a corner of the room and appearing to largely deactivate.

The star being looks at the erected forefield.

p a t h e t i c

Using the fuel from the cloud mass it has eaten, it enters the second stage of expansion, growing into a giant state of power while turning into a deep shade of red, becoming exactly 500 meters tall.

Then it opens it's maws, releasing a waves of plasma towards the village.

I wouldn't exactly call this an alliance...

"Is that so? Well as far as I'm concerned, you can do whatever you want." Raine tells Kazuya.

Then he has an odd sensation. There's something here that is similar to his own power.

Is this because of Kazuya? No...I would've noticed it earlier if that were the case. There's somehting out there.

"Ahem," Raine clears his throat to attract attention, "it seems that another unknown Calamity is nearby. Either that or we're inside an area influenced by their power." He shares with the group.

Karcer lets out a threatening chitter.

"We're being watched alright," although invisible to the group inside, the gigantic biological construct grows several more pairs of feelers on the outside, attempting to amplify detection range. Sight would be quite worthless down here. "Someone is asking to be kicked in the arse. No one steps into my territory without my blessing. They know that."

Last edited:
“Seems we may not be able to have a smooth get away after all” Dimitri says as he continues to study the bioluminescence.

@Exploration

To those moving forward, the environment became increasingly dilapidated as they advanced. It was mostly desert from there, but it could be recognized that something happened here. Craters became more frequent, the area more destroyed. And then, came the realization as to what that light was. Those were explosions, constantly repeating in more or less the same place.
Nate realizing that there was something exploding, decided to approach using anything as a cover, in addition to forming a sword in case he has to fight

Quickly tensing up and putting a stern face, Aleisa gets up and seems ready to do anything that is needed. She swallows, clearly still nervous about the idea of fighting some abomination under the sea, but sitting around is the worst thing she could do right now.

She closes her eyes and uses a kind of 6th sense given by her powers to identify if any unusual source of energy is around.

"Yeah... Me and a couple'a other folks got teleported here out of the blue. And since I'm new in town, I figured I'd ask around. See if I can figure out what to do."

“Hm…a specific type huh. Would be interesting to meet them.”

Judging that it would be beneficial to learn how it’s store, I continued study it, before using such research to began working on making Calamity Battery, setting it up for future project.

Meanwhile, the construction of deep mine and generator is underway, as I instruct my bot to keep digging down the earth for resource, and making nuclear reactor at the same times.

@Hl3_or_bust

The attack succeeds, it appears this drone is rather old, not capable of meaningful reaction to a sudden obstacle. The light is shattered, leaving the room in darkness, though this means little for you.

The drone seems to begin following some automated pattern done in the event of damage, flying to a corner of the room and appearing to largely deactivate.
Feeling considerably less antsy now, the male repeats the process to remove the lids from various containers around the room and observe the contents.

@Overlord775

The blast strikes the barrier, though it does not break it, damage isn't exactly visible either, but it's likely it did some.

Suddenly, your senses flare up a little, allowing you to tell that an attack is incoming, but it doesn't seem to be visible.

@Survivor camp

The attacker was now clearly visible, the same star being that they had encountered before.

"I'll tell you whatever I can, just, can you help out with this mess? I can't protect this place and fight very well at the same time. Dreamer, please handle the defenses."

He seemed to shout towards the boy, who suddenly had a strange distortion begin expanding from his body, growing to match the size of the barrier, but not doing anything visible yet.

@ocean

Looking around seemed to reveal... nothing.

No, there was something, or rather, less than nothing.

Aleisa and Karcer both noticed it, about a kilometer from them, there was a strange "absence". No matter. No energy. No... anything. It's like a chunk of the world had been forcefully torn out.

@Exploration

The explosions were still distant, though he was able to get closer to them. It seemed to be a constant pattern, and a very large crater could be seen forming. Something was constantly exploding, over and over again. The light of the explosion drowned out the ability to detect just what it is though, not without acting to stop them.

@Lou_change

Heading west reveals more dilapidated and ruined cities, smaller ones, though. The coast is near, and it appears there is a coastal settlement that is at least somewhat functional still.

@Andykhang

[What exactly do you mean by Calamity Engine?]

The drone has little else to learn from it without studying the source, and those connections seem to have been severed. It appears one would have to find another machine made by them and powered by this same person.

The creation of a mine goes mostly fine, though this place is hardly suited for it with the ground being as it is, and so numerous collapses occur.

The creation of a reactor appears like it will take a notable amount of time.

@Hl3_or_bust

In addition to more of the kinetic weapon found before, in different configurations, such as smaller or larger, a few particle cannons can be found, of varying sizes.

One particular container has a very distinct warning sign on it.

@Listentomyrhytm @MaidRips
Nate returns with the girls to report his find.

"Apparently there is something that constantly generates explosions I could not see it well, it seems consented to explode as if it were the only thing it could do or maybe it is looking for something below, there is an amount of radiation, anyway that Thing is probably a calamity with exploitive abilities " Told him

Last edited:
"... I guessin' violence is our only real option..."

Abban moves to intercept.

"T-Those explosions... Shall we go check on him just in case?" Agatha would turn to figure "J-Just in case, you know?"
@MaidRips
@Listentomyrhytm @MaidRips
Nate returns with the girls to report his find.

"Apparently there is something that constantly generates explosions I could not see it well, it seems consented to explode as if it were the only thing it could do or maybe it is looking for something below, there is no radiation residue or the like but that Thing is probably a calamity with exploitive abilities " Told him
The maiden instinctively steps backwards when Nate returns. Though initially, she does agree, all of that power ... it does well to put her on edge.

"How can you be ... completely sure of that ... ?"

"It... could be a human with weapons, but if w-we want to know we should... go and get closer, carefully." Agatha would say. "I... can try to create shields if needed, although I'm not sure if they'll be very resistant compared to those explosions... But I need to know if you two agree on investigating further."

Detecting an incoming attack but not knowing the source, the star emits a massive burst of radiations all around itself to interecept it no matter where it comes from.

"That's...peculiar," he responds simply to the unknowable entity. "Never felt anything like that before."

"What the hell is that? It's not a Calamity, is it?"

A chill runs down her spine. Aleisa feels more and more powerless as time goes on, being so out of her game. So, she would try something.

If her powers allow her to somehow created energy out of nothing, then she should be able to create something in a area with no energy. With a bit of concentration, she does just that, creating heat energy within the "thing".

Dimitri’s smile begins to grow as he chuckles before he says “Things are getting really interesting”

Last edited:
[Was planning the Calamity Engine stuff to be an engine that draw from the same power source where the Calamity energy came from]

Seeing the collapse, I let the bot to immediately reinforce the place, as well as making a solid foundation to prevent similar incident from happening again.

"Hm...looking at the source huh."

Meanwhile, I began finding material that would be best in storing Calamity energy for a long time, as the first step in creating the batteries.

Back