• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Byleth (Fire Emblem Three Houses) vs The Queenslayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Just got the Code Vein 7-A revisions through, so let's do this. hopefully I don't get Three Houses spoilers, I'm still playing through it. :p

also, can I point out how strikingly similar their outfits are?

Post-Timeskip Sothis-Fused Byleth vs Early-Game Queenslayer (170 Megatons vs "Pretty well above baseline 7-A")

Both start 20 metres apart, in an desolate countryside field. Both are in-character. The Queenslayer has a mistle nearby to respawn from. Byleth doesn't know about the Queenslayer's weaknesses. Byleth can use Divine Pulse. Otherwise, SBA.

Who will win?

The guy who can keep respawning: 8 (LSirLancelotDuLacl, Schnee One, Nier Hitoshura, XSOULOFCINDERX, I'm blue daba dee daba die, Spinoirr, Dante Demon Killah, Tony di bugalu)

The guy who can keep turning back time:

They both assume that they'd never be able to kill each other for good and share a pint over cool stories about their pasts:

Fd4cbd7d5f1274e21c80aadc0455042a
Male Byleth Sothis Fused

Primary questions would be, does Queenslayer have anything to take care of Divine Pulse?

Does Byleth have anything to deal with Queenslayer's everything else if there's a way to circumvent Divine Pulse?

Well, Divine Pulse only has a limited number of uses, so Byleth can only come back to life a few times at most.

Byleth can kill the Queenslayer if they are able to figure out that destroying the Queenslayer's heart = death. Thoroughly destroying a revenant's heart completely bypasses their immortality and Regenerationn, killing them for good.

So Byleth can only turn back time a set number of times, limiting that advantage for Byleth. But destroying the Queenslayer's heart would instantly kill them for good, limiting that advantage for the Queenslayer.

Better.

Though I hope the profile could say a bit more about the abilities of the Queenslayer, there's nigh no context. Unless I missed some explanation Blog.

Yeah, that's kind of my bad. I made the profile, and it's a bit more barebones than it should be. I'm planning to make an explanation blog, but for now if there are any abilities you are confused about feel free to ask.

Hm, let's see.

Paralysis Inducement could theoretically incap Byleth, or just make Byleth completely incapable of retorting with attacks leading to an easy kill.

It's a bit vague even in-game as to how the Power Nullification of his Inhibit skills work, but it should be capable of preventing his opponent from using things like elemental manipulations.

Statistics Reduction should be pretty easy to inflict, and could do things like reducing Byleth's effective speed. Along with Statistics Amplification for things like the Queenslayer's AP, Durability and speed, he could get a decent advantage in those fields.

Poison Manipulation should be able to kill Byleth, though if I remember correctly Byleth can carry around things like antidotes so I'm not certain.

Those are probably the most applicable abilities here.

QS should be baseline, while Byleth scales to the Immaculate One, who can survive 170 megaton attacks. A good buff plus a good debuff and a debuff to speed most of all likely means QS dominates in statistics if he uses those, and the regen should allow them to be more reckless in attacking Byleth.

How do the para inducement and Power Nulling work? Or the debuffs? He has to hit with anything or...?

QS should actually be slightly above baseline, though if you want to be really specific then Byleth normally probably has a slight AP advantage.

Paralysis and Power Null are inflicted by certain spells he can use, and also by contact with certain weapons he can use. I'm not sure how exactly how quickly it'd be inflicted in this match, but probably after a few good hits with either of them.

Hmmm...

Even with prior knowledge there's not much Byleth can do to counter besides trying his best not to get hit after every death. I see him dying here before being able to work out a possible weaknesses, not even mentioning I don't see him adapting well to the amps and debuffs.

I see. Is that a vote for the Queenslayer?

He scales from a character with a very casual, slightly above baseline 7-A feat. The Queenslayer and Byleth should pretty much have equal AP, but if you want to get into really deep specifics I think Byleth has slight advantage. Nothing decisive though.

Oh right, gotcha. In his early-game key, just one (due to having one of the Queen's Relics himself, and also fighting against a character with the power of one of them). Each of them are individually capable of that feat I mentioned.

Oh, right. In his end-game key, he scales to 10 of them. But this match is in his early-game key, so it shouldn't really matter.

I actually did realise that, but only after I had already applied the changes and finished the CRT. I remember there being some kinds of rules against tier jumps through scaling though (at least as far as I remember. I think there was a discussion on it quite a while back, so I've been looking for it). Just to be safe I haven't changed the rating yet, since I'm not 100% certain if tier jumps through scaling are allowed.

Ah, gotcha.

In that case, I can probably make the changes.

Either way, do you have a vote?

Queen FRA unless Byleth goes by a good scaling chain, which the profiles don't seem to really elaborate on

Gotcha. Vote added.

good to see someone recognises the real protagonist in the story

Vote counted.

Added. One more and it'll make grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back