• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Byakuran vs Funny Valentine (Katekyō Hitman Reborn vs JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Well Funny starts with BFR'ing himself to another dimension then reappearing in a location where he can then proceed to BFR his opponent
Or BFR their AU self to the real world
Then the whole Menger sponge thing kicks

Byakuran can actually bring stuff from other Dimensions, like he did with Ghost -- Idk why this isn't stated in his profile, but whatever

I think Byakuran wins this one if Funny Valentine doesn't have Love train based on the fact that he needs to cover himself with something to dimensional hop, and that Byakuran's dragon/flame abilities travel faster than a gunshots. Byakuran has City-level durability and City class strike strength so even melee fights are deadly for Funny Valentine who has a human building+ level durability.

Byakuran can interact with Ghost, idk if that means he can see D4C, but if it does then who knows?

D4C at this key is a Building level+ durability so even if he were to take the attack for Valentine it probably would do a lot of damage and possibly kill both.

Funny Valentine would have to use D4C off the bat -- and then this part of the battle would depend on whether Funny Valentine knows that killing Byakuran in one parallel universe will kill him in all of them and the distance at which they start from

I think Byakuran wins this one if Funny Valentine doesn't have Love train based on the fact that he needs to cover himself with something to dimensional hop, and that Byakuran's dragon/flame abilities travel faster than a gunshots. Byakuran has City-level durability and City class strike strength so even melee fights are deadly for Funny Valentine who has a human building+ level durability.
Funny can use his own clothes to dimension hop, and funny has been shown to be able to still take brief action while being hit by blows that should be immediately fatal
Not sure why speed is relevant since it's equalized and he'd have little issue reacting to something relative to him
His main wincon of Menger Sponging Byakuran ignores durability, his physical stats don't really matter as that would ignore durability

A possible win con I think would be
Byakuran goes for a hit, Funny dimension hops and brings his discombobulated alternate self and they begin to Menger Sponge each other

Byakuran can interact with Ghost, idk if that means he can see D4C, but if it does then who knows?

D4C at this key is a Building level+ durability so even if he were to take the attack for Valentine it probably would do a lot of damage and possibly kill both.

Funny Valentine would have to use D4C off the bat -- and then this part of the battle would depend on whether Funny Valentine knows that killing Byakuran in one parallel universe will kill him in all of them and the distance at which they start from
Ok so first, D4C is harder to see and interact with then a ghost, so he wouldn’t see it, nor be able to harm it. Secondly, D4cs durability is irrelevant here, because it can interact with the enemies attack, but the enemies attack cannot interact with it. Thus, it can block attacks stronger then itself and not be harmed. Thirdly, Funny is always going to use d4c off the bat, and as for the flames, speed is equalized, and even if it wasn’t, funny has Mftl+ reaction speeds.
Finally, funny Could literally drop dirt on himself to go to another dimension, and thus it’s not a problem

I'm tempted in making a KHR revision thread on Byakuran because there's actually a decent argument to be made that the Menger Sponge wouldn't effect him
Alas tho most supporters for the verse are inactive and my last revision thread only had one comment

I remembered something.

And that's that Byakuran should have petrification as one of his abilities due to his Sky flames. Don't know if he's ever used that though.

Ok so first, D4C is harder to see and interact with then a ghost, so he wouldn’t see it, nor be able to harm it. Secondly, D4cs durability is irrelevant here, because it can interact with the enemies attack, but the enemies attack cannot interact with it. Thus, it can block attacks stronger then itself and not be harmed. Thirdly, Funny is always going to use d4c off the bat, and as for the flames, speed is equalized, and even if it wasn’t, funny has Mftl+ reaction speeds.
Finally, funny Could literally drop dirt on himself to go to another dimension, and thus it’s not a problem
1) Speed is equalized.

2) It's not just a ghost. Ghost is a character made from 100% supernatural energy and a conciseness

3) Durability is EXTREMELY important here, because not only does Byakuran tank all of D4C's attacks at currently used keys (Byakuran has small city durability while D4C has building+ AP) but he also has some interesting hax. Like the capability of flight and multiple projectile attack usage. D4C may be able to block one attack from Byakuran but if Byakuran hits him from two sides at once then there's not much Funny Valentine can do.

I'm tempted in making a KHR revision thread on Byakuran because there's actually a decent argument to be made that the Menger Sponge wouldn't effect him
Alas tho most supporters for the verse are inactive and my last revision thread only had one comment
Hmmm.
I think he would be, because Byakuran doesn't directly travel to other parallel dimensions from what I remember, he is just present in all of them, and is capable of viewing and communicating through and with his versions in every parallel dimension.

Though he has been able to bring things from other dimensions to his own(Ghost as an example)

Byakuran has Extrasensory Perception, which he can use to sense supernatural energy and intent -- and as such is a good argument for sensing D4C and it's harmful intent towards him.

I remembered something.

And that's that Byakuran should have petrification as one of his abilities due to his Sky flames. Don't know if he's ever used that though.
If Byakuran has petrification, then Funny Valentine is just petrified.

From what I remember Byakuran should have a pretty powerful layered hax on petrification, 6 layers, possibly 7.

And its used with his flames, so it's a long range thing.

How does Funny's ability work?

Like how would he pull Byakuran into another dimension? Because Byakuran can fly, and if he needs to touch Byakuran then he doesn't get a chance to.

just needs to find one that can’t. Or is dead. Or is crippled. Or has no powers. Or basically any version that won’t get out of his grasp. Then he just kinda chucks them at each other.
So... he won't be able to most likely?

Because by this point in-cannon Byakuran has traversed "countless"of parallel universes and most of them have his hax and powers(since they are the same person).

Also if speed is equalised shouldn't Byakuran's attacks hit first? Since Funny either has to:

1) Strip and use his clothes
2) Get under Dirt
3) Find something get under

Well it’s a destroyed city so that shouldn’t be hard, his stands intangibility stuff should protect him until then

Also Byakuran has been capable of touching and interacting with technically non-touchable objects before, like Ghost for example, who is made of 100% flames.

Well it’s a destroyed city so that shouldn’t be hard, his stands intangibility stuff should protect him until then
If his stand protected him he'd most likely be damaged too, in Byakuran's profile it states he has low soul manipulation as well, though I can't remember exactly where he got it from.

the problem is the soul manip can’t interact with the stand. So it wouldn’t have any affect on the first place. Also, Flames exist as energy, so it’s not the same as an actual spirit, or the stands, which are deeper then that

the problem is the soul manip can’t interact with the stand. So it wouldn’t have any affect on the first place. Also, Flames exist as energy, so it’s not the same as an actual spirit, or the stands, which are deeper then that
Right, the dragon can move on its own though, what stops Byakuran from just summoning the dragons and have them attack Funny from different angles?

Byakuran's flames should also be dealing some damage to Valentine if D4C is close, we're talking about flames stronger than Tsuna's X-burner which broke through several lightning-flame reinforced buildings.

Nothing much, funny basically has to gtfo fast, or he can try to block them all.
There's also the fact that entering into another parallel dimension where Byakuran will make him aware of the change. The way Byakuran awakened his power was because someone traveled through dimensions back and forth, and iirc all Byakurans should have their powers awakened at once, which means that the moment Funny appears at another dimension, the Byakuran in that dimension will be aware of it.

Since Byakuran's powers are constant through the x-axis of time he should have all his abilities in all dimensions with one or two variations in them. Since that's how the Mare-ring works.

Personally, I think funny is gonna struggle for a while, but he’s pretty persistent when he needs to be, if he keeps finding powered versions, he gonna keep looking. Funny was willing to search for a living diego in a Infinite universes cosmology, so he won’t give up very fast

Personally, I think funny is gonna struggle for a while, but he’s pretty persistent when he needs to be, if he keeps finding powered versions, he gonna keep looking. Funny was willing to search for a living diego in a Infinite universes cosmology, so he won’t give up very fast
Each time he fails he has a high chance to die. And like the chart shows, all Byakurans are connected, once one awakens the power all the other ones do as well. Which means all Byakurans should have flame powers awakened. The reason Tsuna and the others won was because they travelled through time themselves and had time to prepare.

It's not the mind exactly, to share experiences they have to go through a ritual which we aren't too sure the procedures of are. But Bykauran throughout the timelines should have the exact same powers, and that's why if Funny appears in another he will recognize him as being from another dimension(He recognized Soichi was from another dimension after a while because he kept hopping dimensions and this was before his actual awakening)

Someone stated that stands are:

The incorporeal manifestations of one's vital energy, and can only be harmed by other Stands

Couldn't they be affected by othe life or vital energy? Because that's what dying will flames are.

Also Menger Sponge funnily wouldn't work on Byakuran, since he's already brought an alternate self into his Universe, that being Ghost.

Also Menger Sponge funnily wouldn't work on Byakuran, since he's already brought an alternate self into his Universe, that being Ghost.
Context for the sudden change of my mind:

I went into what Menger Sponge is by reading the wiki and recalled that Byakuran has brought another version of himself to his dimension(Ghost)

Back