• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bungou Stray Dogs: Small AP Upgrade

"Kunikida tanked the explosion" Also Kunikida:
Screenshot_2023-11-17_163536.png

I disagree with this scaling to people. If this is considered tanking then humans would scale to wall level lol.

Honestly, I have no idea what human did you see that can survive a point blank explosion
. Humans survive from the Hiroshima and Nagisaki nukes (Tsutomu Yamaguchi survived both back to back)
. Human survives a grenade blast
. Human survives a 10,000 meter drop
. Human survives being run over by a bus
. Human survives a metal pole through his brain
. Human survives a car crash going at 981 km/hr
. Human survives another grenade blast
. Elderly man survive being run over by a tank in his car
Most of these scale to wall level and higher but humans survived 🤔🤔. Did they tank it ? No...

Quote "Tanking Attacks means that an attack doesn't even phase you"

If your arms are decapitated and your bedridden you did NOT tank the attack meaning Kunikida or any other characters wouldn't scale to this durability. For you to imply that they would, would suggest that you think these characters can take a small building level+ attack and keep fighting, which, judging by the aftermath, they can't, meaning it wouldn't apply to their profiles nor to VS battles.

Wasn't he teleported out of the way before he was damaged enough?

Either way I disagree but not for Vzearr's reasons, they suck ass.
Bro seriously brought up people just barely surviving bottom tier 9-B stuff to prove that Kunikida could survive an explosion dwarfing a helicopter. That is absurd. Grenade blasts are only 9-B and were not tanked form point blank but from a distance, falling 10 km is only bottom level 9-B, the rest have countless factors at play a lot of which let the person survive the hits, most specifically the fact that often one of their body parts takes the hit and gets pulverized while the rest of the body is fine and so the person lives on. Also people didn't survive the nuclear blast, they survived the radiation or survived parts of the shockwave by hiding in a good place. Those who actually faced the blast got vaporized on the spot.
Overall this is false equivalence at its worst as you compared all that to surviving an explosion that was several times bigger than a helicopter.

Bro seriously brought up people just barely surviving bottom tier 9-B stuff to prove that Kunikida could survive an explosion dwarfing a helicopter. That is absurd. Grenade blasts are only 9-B and were not tanked form point blank but from a distance, falling 10 km is only bottom level 9-B, the rest have countless factors at play a lot of which let the person survive the hits, most specifically the fact that often one of their body parts takes the hit and gets pulverized while the rest of the body is fine and so the person lives on. Also people didn't survive the nuclear blast, they survived the radiation or survived parts of the shockwave by hiding in a good place. Those who actually faced the blast got vaporized on the spot.
Overall this is false equivalence at its worst as you compared all that to surviving an explosion that was several times bigger than a helicopter.
Kunikida jumped off a helicopter, Used his book to summon his grenade, Grabbed his enemy and exploded both him and his opponent

There was really no reason to be rude.

1. Surviving a 10 km drop, scales about 10-1000x the AP of the strongest human kick, you are really downplaying it.
2. My points were to emphasise that "Surviving" something that should be able to kill you is possible and will usually leave you in a disabled state. Humans tanking things that would scale to 80 KJ (lowballed) can often happen, but because they usually end up in a coma or heavily injured they don't actually scale to what they can survive. Ending up amputated and bedridden is a telltale sign that you infact do not scale to what you just survived. Imagine having Kunikida scale to small building+ in a versus battle LOL, he could go up against building level opponents and no one would bat an eye even though small building level+ attacks would leave him in an amputated state.

Also you said "just barley surviving" like Kunikida didn't end up just barley surviving ?

His hands are off sure, everything else is completely fine tho, from your examples the guys who survived those explosion (from distance) were badly injured overall and have permanent bruns, scratches and other stuff, Kunikida doesn't, his hands were literally touching the grenade and I'm pretty sure its different tanking an explosion from tanking a punch, is like a sword which can cut your hand but a punch with even higher ap won't cut it
Also you said "just barley surviving" like Kunikida didn't end up just barley surviving ?

1. Surviving a 10 km drop, scales about 10-1000x the AP of the strongest human kick, you are really downplaying it.
2. My points were to emphasise that "Surviving" something that should be able to kill you is possible and will usually leave you in a disabled state. Humans tanking things that would scale to 80 KJ (lowballed) can often happen, but because they usually end up in a coma or heavily injured they don't actually scale to what they can survive. Ending up amputated and bedridden is a telltale sign that you infact do not scale to what you just survived. Imagine having Kunikida scale to small building+ in a versus battle LOL, he could go up against building level opponents and no one would bat an eye even though small building level+ attacks would leave him in an amputated state.

I wasn't insulting you I am insulting your points because they suck.
"Air safety investigators attributed Vulović's survival to her being trapped by a food trolley in the DC-9's fuselage as it broke away from the rest of the aircraft and plummeted towards the ground. When the cabin depressurized, the passengers and other flight crew were blown out of the aircraft and fell to their deaths. Investigators believed that the fuselage, with Vulović pinned inside, landed at an angle in a heavily wooded and snow-covered mountainside, which cushioned the impact.[1][a] Vulović's physicians concluded that her history of low blood pressure caused her to pass out quickly after the cabin depressurized and kept her heart from bursting on impact."
I am not disagreeing that he doesn't scale but there is simply 0 point in showing all these feats when they are far from the same. If Kunikida had his arms amputated but took the whole explosion then he'd still be 9-B+ to 9-A simply due to the sheer size and scale of the explosion. The issue here is that he got warped out of there before he took enough damage. That is what saved him. These are VERY different situations and humans survive 80kj stuff simply due to luck and a dozen different factors cushioning the damage. For every person surviving a grenade there's like a few hundred who get killed with one.

Tbh I'm not aware of that teleportation thing, can someone send the scan if it's true? (The chapter of the explosion is 62 if helps)

I'm not remembering either unfortunately

I don't remember Kunikida and his opponent having any teleportation based power

He used a guy who is like 7-C to shield him from the explosion which means he probably took the full brunt of it.

He used a guy who is like 7-C to shield him from the explosion which means he probably took the full brunt of it.
He couldn't have took the full explosion when Kunikida got his arms exploded

I don't think his opponent cutted them either

He couldn't have took the full explosion when Kunikida got his arms exploded

I don't think his opponent cutted them either
his hands were hugging up his opponent while holding the grenade so only the hands took damage and the dude took the rest of the damage

Back