• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BTD6 TORNAMENT ROUND 2 Inferno Ring VS Superstorm (Grace)

THIS IS A TOURNAMENT WERE THE WINNER MONKEY GET A LIFE SUPPLY OF BANANAS!!! SO LET'S START THIS BATTLE!!

FOR THIS ROUND WE HAVE THE IMOBALE TOWER THAT BRINGS HELL TO EARTH AGAINST THE MONEKY THAT CAN BE CALLED ZEUS!!! THE ONE THAT HAS A MONKEY INSIDE VERSUS THE TORNADO TROWER!!! THE:

INFERNO RING VS SUPERSTORM
500-Tack-Shooter.png
500-Druid.png

RULES:
  • Only 8-B key for both, the said upgrades above are the used ones (IR=5-2-2)(S=5-2-2)
  • Battle takes place at the Balance map Inferno Ring start at the center and Superstorm at the outside of It's walls
  • Speed is NOT equalized
  • Remenber, we are using full possibilites, so Inferno ring has planetary range with all atacks and Superstorm has killometers
Inferno Ring:

Superstorm: 7 (Qawsedf234, FinePoint, Noneless21, ProPlayerJohn, FRIMI, Peppersalt43, JustANormalLemon)

Round 63(incon):

Last edited:
Well, the inferno ring trow homming meteors, and Bloons fly and Inferno ring can still hit them, so probable It's flames can hit him? just maybe
Road Spikes which are clearly grounded can also hit balloons, I feel like that implies the bloons must be basically touching the ground
Also is the meteor faster than the Superstorm?

Hmm, i feel like inferno takes this, i know i choose this tower, but i got reason. Inferno outrange superstorm because of his comet and said comet is also a homing bullet, not to mention if you want to attack the inferno ring, you need to get close in order to get some good shot but you're probably got charred instead

Hmm, i feel like inferno takes this, i know i choose this tower, but i got reason. Inferno outrange superstorm because of his comet and said comet is also a homing bullet, not to mention if you want to attack the inferno ring, you need to get close in order to get some good shot but you're probably got charred instead
Well, Superstorm can deflect the metores and probable other stacks with the tornados, not to mention he has preety accurated atack and It's orb of lightining don't need to be qim to the target to damage It sinse It atacos every thing in a range around It

title match title says "superstrom phoenix", you should probably fix that.

Anyway because of weird game mechanics, all towers have always been able to essentially ignore height with their attacks including on maps where certain parts of the track are literally higher up than others (remember that bloons TD 6 is actually rendered in 3D and I know there exists at least one freecam mod that lets you see stuff at all angles). And yet things like blade maelstrom which fires thin blades horizontally can consistently hit everything on every map from low flying bloons on the bottom-most part of the map to higher flying moabs on the highest part of the map. I've always headcanoned it to be some kind of weird hax, but more likely its just game mechanics that can't be applied. If it's the former then inferno ring could hit anything flying with all its attacks, if its the latter then it should probably only be able to attack things with its main attack that are around the same height as bloons and moabs fly and for higher flying things it should be restricted to just the meteor/fireball attack. In either case tho, superstorm is never seen flying above moab height, so I'd say everything is on the table for IR.

All that being said, superstorm's attacks have quite a bit more going for them than the omnidirectional danmaku of IR which probably can't produce enough flames to stop one of superstorm's tornados on account of it having a lot of pierce. Now the next question is if the inferno ring getting hit by a tornado actually matters much at all. IR has easily the strongest knockback in the game, and thus some of the strongest stalling power in the game which is how it can solo everything up to f-ZOMG's, however because of this it really doesn't do a whole lot of damage per attack. Superstorm's 8-B classification is strictly due to the fact that it can infinitely stall until it eventually (and I REALLY mean eventually) do enough damage to anything short of a BAD to immediately get overwhelmed by superceramics to pop it. Now the knockback power is nothing to scoff at, IR will probably be blown far away, but at best this'll a bit annoying for IR and at worst this'll leave superstorm outranged until it decides to basically undo the knockback by closing distance since its the only non-immobile one here. HOWEVER there is one wincon I see for superstorm because of this and it's because the fight takes place on a BTD6 map. If superstorm knocks back IR far enough, it might be considered BFR if Superstorm can then survive being outranged for a week for BFR to take affect.

Personally I will vote for Inferno Ring because it feels ooc for superstorm to fire tornados at enemy projectiles to deflect them for a week straight in order to survive the continued onslaught like that

title match title says "superstrom phoenix", you should probably fix that.

Anyway because of weird game mechanics, all towers have always been able to essentially ignore height with their attacks including on maps where certain parts of the track are literally higher up than others (remember that bloons TD 6 is actually rendered in 3D and I know there exists at least one freecam mod that lets you see stuff at all angles). And yet things like blade maelstrom which fires thin blades horizontally can consistently hit everything on every map from low flying bloons on the bottom-most part of the map to higher flying moabs on the highest part of the map. I've always headcanoned it to be some kind of weird hax, but more likely its just game mechanics that can't be applied. If it's the former then inferno ring could hit anything flying with all its attacks, if its the latter then it should probably only be able to attack things with its main attack that are around the same height as bloons and moabs fly and for higher flying things it should be restricted to just the meteor/fireball attack. In either case tho, superstorm is never seen flying above moab height, so I'd say everything is on the table for IR.

All that being said, superstorm's attacks have quite a bit more going for them than the omnidirectional danmaku of IR which probably can't produce enough flames to stop one of superstorm's tornados on account of it having a lot of pierce. Now the next question is if the inferno ring getting hit by a tornado actually matters much at all. IR has easily the strongest knockback in the game, and thus some of the strongest stalling power in the game which is how it can solo everything up to f-ZOMG's, however because of this it really doesn't do a whole lot of damage per attack. Superstorm's 8-B classification is strictly due to the fact that it can infinitely stall until it eventually (and I REALLY mean eventually) do enough damage to anything short of a BAD to immediately get overwhelmed by superceramics to pop it. Now the knockback power is nothing to scoff at, IR will probably be blown far away, but at best this'll a bit annoying for IR and at worst this'll leave superstorm outranged until it decides to basically undo the knockback by closing distance since its the only non-immobile one here. HOWEVER there is one wincon I see for superstorm because of this and it's because the fight takes place on a BTD6 map. If superstorm knocks back IR far enough, it might be considered BFR if Superstorm can then survive being outranged for a week for BFR to take affect.

Personally I will vote for Inferno Ring because it feels ooc for superstorm to fire tornados at enemy projectiles to deflect them for a week straight in order to survive the continued onslaught like that
And there you have it folks, the master of BTD6 has arrive!! Just look at that wall (but meaningful) of text, makes me wanna say inferno ring fra too

Just a question, the tornado couldn't just flip IR side ways? Making It unable to use It's main damage dealing atack? Also the Superstorm has other forms of wincons, like It could freeze the IR with flash freeze for exemple

Just a question, the tornado couldn't just flip IR side ways? Making It unable to use It's main damage dealing atack? Also the Superstorm has other forms of wincons, like It could freeze the IR with flash freeze for exemple
I had thought about what might happen if the IR would land at an awkward angle, but that would both require an amount of precision that superstorm doesn't have and also doesn't really happen ingame where blown back opponents always remain upright, though you could just call that game mechanics and that would probably be a fair interpretation. However to be honest, I completely forgot that superstorm can freeze things. How that would work against what is essentially a constantly active intense furnace, I have no idea since there's really nothing to base it off of

btw the title still says "superstrom" instead of "superstorm"

I guess It's fair to assume IR could just heat back It self, another thing we need to remenber is that a 9-C money is inside the IR, what would accour If the shock hitted It after landing the outside of the IR?

I guess It's fair to assume IR could just heat back It self, another thing we need to remenber is that a 9-C money is inside the IR, what would accour If the shock hitted It after landing the outside of the IR?
If you mean the shock from lightning bolts, then i guess the monkey wouldn't feel a thing because iirc lighting can't shock a person inside a car so it should works for the monkey inside the inferno rings

If you mean the shock from lightning bolts, then i guess the monkey wouldn't feel a thing because iirc lighting can't shock a person inside a car so it should works for the monkey inside the inferno rings
It should work for lightining ball hitting It by the open top of the IR or It just being trowed around inside the IR by tornados

Yes and no. The concept you're talking about is a Faraday Cage, but here's the issue here
Cars, however, are not perfect examples of Faraday cages. If you were touching any metal connected to the outside of the car when the lightning struck, the results could be extremely dangerous. You can also still get a signal on your phone while inside a car, for example, meaning some electromagnetic radiation can get in and out.
Now the issue here being... the tack shooter is far to small too be a Faraday cage. A single lightning bolt one shots the monkey, as its just a standard Tier 1 Dart Monkey operating the machine that survives via turning on its friendly fire so it can't hurt itself.

So then the issue becomes, well, the Druid the instant it sees a target casts a giant tornado, multiple balls of lightning and a bolt of lighting. The tack shooter fires tacks at mach 1, a bolt of lightning fires at mach 1,294.

Now its just about range
  • Tack = 23r (base) + 11.5r (5-X-X) + 8r (X-2-X) = 42.5r
  • Druid = 35r (base) + 10r (X-X-2) = 45r
Meaning the Druid will see the tack first, fire first and then zap the monkey operator. If they're firing at the same time due to extended ranges, then the same still applies. As the SBA states
Starting distance: The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. For example, if one character has a range of 10 meter and the other has a range of 20 meter they start 20 meter apart. However if the range of one character is 10 meter and the range of the other is 5 kilometer, they start only 4 kilometer apart. If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread.
Meaning that they still spawn well within each others range and the Druid Monkey's attacks will hit first by a factor of over a thousand.

So Monkey Zeus wins imo.

Acctually the are closser, I stated that the battle is in the balance map, the inferno ring at the center and the Superstorm at the otside of the map walls, so they are closser them It, but still in aach other range

Yes and no. The concept you're talking about is a Faraday Cage, but here's the issue here

Now the issue here being... the tack shooter is far to small too be a Faraday cage. A single lightning bolt one shots the monkey, as its just a standard Tier 1 Dart Monkey operating the machine that survives via turning on its friendly fire so it can't hurt itself.

So then the issue becomes, well, the Druid the instant it sees a target casts a giant tornado, multiple balls of lightning and a bolt of lighting. The tack shooter fires tacks at mach 1, a bolt of lightning fires at mach 1,294.

Now its just about range
  • Tack = 23r (base) + 11.5r (5-X-X) + 8r (X-2-X) = 42.5r
  • Druid = 35r (base) + 10r (X-X-2) = 45r
Meaning the Druid will see the tack first, fire first and then zap the monkey operator. If they're firing at the same time due to extended ranges, then the same still applies. As the SBA states

Meaning that they still spawn well within each others range and the Druid Monkey's attacks will hit first by a factor of over a thousand.

So Monkey Zeus wins imo.
Hmmm, i see, looks like if the druid zeus did unleashes his lightning bolt then we can assume the monkey inside infreno ring will be affected by the lightning before the flash freeze stuff happened

Hmmm, well the lightning bolt loses it's potency as it travel quite a distance i assume? If it is then the monkey inside IR will probably be fine

Hmmm, well the lightning bolt loses it's potency as it travel quite a distance i assume?
Lightning doesn't lose energy until it gets grounded and spread out. If they were to start at 4 kilometers apart for example, the lightning bolt would only take 0.009 seconds to cross that distance. Here you're looking at it taking at max 0.000225 seconds seconds to cross the distance.

For the game itself it doesn't lose its power until it hits a pierce cap.

Jeez then i'll take my vote back then, i assume the homing bullet wouldn't matter if it hit the supertornado does it?

Hmm, how far is IR's range canonically then? If druid zeus outrange then i'll change my vote to druid then insert sfx sadge tack shooter noise

Hmm, how far is IR's range canonically then? If druid zeus outrange then i'll change my vote to druid then insert sfx sadge tack shooter noise
They are both in each other range thanks to how they are placed ( the arena can't be killometers in lenght at most metters and both have bigger range)

quick thing, druid's lightning isn't 8-B. although it is probably enough to take out the operator inside the tack anyway lol. Also, because of how we see canon > game mechanics, it actually turns out that (for reasons I will never agree with but are unlikely to change) tack outranges druid which was actually part of its win condition earlier when superstorm blows tack out of its own range while still being in range of the tack.

Anyway, changing vote to druid monke for killing the tack's operator

Back