• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BTD (Bloons Tower Discussion)

the only real way for that to not be the case is if the bombs are dropped with an initial force, but the animation seems to contradict that idea

but can we talk about the fact that aces and helis (and etienne drones) can fly in space?

well if the activated ability aces in BSM are meant to be the same as the ones in BTD then they can definitely fly underwater! Not that flying underwater in a plane is more impressive than flying in a vacuum where there is no lift

Eyy. What's up. Two new Q&As. Not much is important for the profiles though.

Jan. 15
  • An actual confirmation this time that M.A.D. and the Anti-Bloon are made of similar tech. So maybe a "Possibly Country Level" M.A.D.?
  • Other gods, but who knows if we'll ever see them lol
  • Dartling Gunners and Helicopters can't see the cursor and instead get a feeling on where to shoot
Jan. 22
  • Damn Clive. Being the mortal enemy of Obyn.
  • Monkeys don't stand on the path because they'd get hit by Bloons
  • Some kind of dark history with Benjamin's Biohack ability
  • Another confirmation of Friendly Fire being turned off

Who is Clive exactly?

Also the Heli Pilot and Dartling Gunners knowing where the bloons would possibly mean they can sense where the bloons are, so it's maybe Extrasensory Perception

Also I'm not sure about Country level M.A.D, since Tier 6 is basically supermonkey only I think

well for starters, that would give almost all towers extrasensory perception since they can instantaneously tell when a bloon is in their range, but also, that isn't quite what's happening with the dartling and heli, rather the player is sort of subtly telling them to fire/fly to a specific point I guess.

Also, I think that if we're going to scale MOAB class bloons to supermonkey stats, it's very much worth noting that a MAD has better dps against MOABs than a sun avatar or even a base temple

They can still somehow sense where to shoot even if it's the player who aim them. However, the player doesn't exist in universe, so the monkeys somehow know where to aim despite not seeing the bloons, meaning they likely sense them somehow

Actually, the player has been confirmed on several occasions to do in-fact exist in-game. They act as a general to command the monkeys where to go, how to act, and when to leave.

So I've looked back at some old images and found an image of Bigfoot. Thought I'd have a bit of fun with it.
BTDBigfoot.png

Based off this, he'd be 1117.33. So, if he's x15.737 the height, and we're assuming at the very least his strength scales to the second power, this means he should be x247.655 the strength of the Dart Monkey, coming out to 262,227.2202 Joules (Wall level)

Okay. Predictable. But how about if he scales to other monkeys instead?
  • Boomerang Monkey: 1,019,774.724 Joules
  • Super Monkey: 6,555,686.696 Joules.
Booo... Predictable it would still be Wall Level, but I was hoping it might be a little bit higher.

I think you may have done something wrong, there's no way something whose foot is taller than trees is wall level if this calc is based on his size

Forgot the image wouldn't link back to the one I posted on the vs wiki.

I think you may have done something wrong, there's no way something whose foot is taller than trees is wall level if this calc is based on his size
Problem is the regular monkey is nearly as tall as the trees as well, so it's not exactly the best measurement.

Also BTD monkeys are canonically very short. So it could just be small trees.

Regular monkeys are 71 cm in height. The Super Monkey Fan Club is one of the few images with the monkey standing up straight so I grabbed its height (68x730 + 19x76 or 811.499 pixels). Compared this pixel scaling to the monkey's foot (150x27 or 152.41 pixels) for ratio use later.

The link to the Sun Avatar AP calc shows off an image comparing monkey height to the head's width at the upper base of their ears (0.232 cm). Used this to compare the regular monkey's head (82x6 or 82.219 pixels) to the giant monkey's foot (9x154 + 132x366 or 543.339 pixels).

So .232 cm head means the foot is 256.905 cm. Comparing this to the foot-to-height ratio gives us a height of 1367.871 cm. Not sure what number I screwed up when doing the match originally, but now he's x19.266 the height of a regular monkey. So if we're square cube law (N^2 for strength), giga monkey's strength should be x371.1705 that of the monkeys.
  • Dart Monkey (1058.84 J): 393,010.1667 Joules
  • Boomerang Monkey (4117.72 J): 1,528,376.17 Joules
  • Super Monkey (26,471.025 J): 9,825,263.446 Joules
That's... still wall level...

yeah but also cmon, that thing is not a wall sized creature
Blue whales and Elephants are only 9-B. Heck every single tank round, even the HE and Armor Piercing Sabots from the Abrams tank is 9-B. You need a lot of power to get to 9-A.

Im sorry but did you say that a monkey's head is 0.232 centimeters from ear to ear?

Just looked again at your scalings @Robot972, and you listed the Z.O.M.G as: "At least City Block level (3.253e+11 Joules / 77.755 tons): Is x5.714 as durable as BFB"'

However 77.55 tons falls comfortably into 8-B+ so why don't just list him as 8-B+?

0.232 cm was the width of 1 pixel, not the width of the monkey's head. The monkey's ear to ear length is 38.744 cm

idk if you need this as a reminder or not, but just always try to test your answers against common sense when doing calculations. When I saw that the monkey's head was literally thinner than a centimeter I figured something was off

Other calcs are all correctly done. This is the only time I've made that mistake in regards to the head value.

I'd say for the Golden Bloon it should be it's own profile with two keys, one for its weakest and one for its strongest. Basically comes down to weakest form gets Teleportation while its strongest form gets a shit ton of immunities and other whatnot lol. Not sure what its scaling would be yet since it's kind of hard to test the Golden Bloon.

Though I'm sure the wiki will have more information soon.

For the new blog post, only thing of real importance is that the monkeys do have battles against one another with rubber darts, which just gives evidence for scaling durability to AP.

I just kinda existn't in this community for a bit, but this seems pretty major so I thought I'd bring it up.

8vtd7490n2a71.jpg

I wonder if they'll add a button in the upgrade list for the Tier 6/Paragon towers. Big thing to me is if it costs anything to activate outside of having three Tier 5s. Since if it doesn't it could be useable in CHIMPS.

I know the VTSG is listed as a 5-5-5 Super Monkey in the code, so I wonder if they'll end up refunding that power or just keep it as is.

Also Boss Bloons when.

Technically Paragons are Tier 5 fusions rather than a Tier 6 tower

Obviously for the Profile the Paragons would need to be added as a seperate key from the rest

Back