• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BTD (Bloons Tower Discussion)

Okay, so everything important from the new update.
  • Dartling Gunner (My stat results are posted on sandbox)
    • Note: The results for the first and third upgrade paths were collected by using the two upgrades from the third/first path and then applying 6 perma charges from the Ultraboost tower to mimic the 50% attack speed boost from Faster Barrel Spin
  • Obyn has Earth Manipulation via Mountain Guardian
  • Boomerang Monkeys are ambidextrous by default
  • Superstorm Druid's storms spawn Ball Lightning
  • Ice MOAB Skin
  • Ninjas have snowflake shurikens lol
Missing abilities I only now noticed cause of change logs
  • Wizard Lord Phoenix's Super Phoenix can bypass Purple immunity to fire
  • Spike Factory's first path is missing Explosion Manipulation
    • Each individual spike on Super Mines trigger a small explosion
General fixes to make
  • Need to fix the text for the Wizard Lord Pheonix' ability, since it's transformation of the monkey, not fusion
  • Bloon Crush needs to have its AP text rewritten slightly, just to clear it up a bit

Last edited:
what about the Bloon Exclusion Zone? It's not listed in the initial tiering

oh I see what happened. It looks like you listed bloon area denial system as an upgrade path for hydra rocket pods "9-C physically, 9-B with Depleted Bloontonium | 9-A with Laser Cannon, 8-B with Ray of Doom | 9-A with Hydra Rocket Pods, 8-B with Bloon Area Denial System"

btw I'm looking at the new maps and do you think that trench warfare tactics from the bloons would warrant an increase to their intelligence?

Oh, you're looking at the actual profile. No, I'm talking about the thing I'm working on in my sandbox Dartling Gunner
Why the Dartling Gunner has BTD5 artwork when the BTD6 artworks are already there since the update is now globally released?
Also some BTD profiles have the wrong pictures in them such as Gwendolin and the Mortar tower

Okay, so new Q&A came in yesterday. Not much is brought up that's important, but a few things I want to bring up.

Super Ceramics are apparently just a transformation for Ceramics, akin to Super Monkey Fan Club.

They brought up Friendly Fire for a fourth time.
Glue Gunner's glue is immune to freezing

Last edited:
Another thing I wanted to bring up is Regen Bloons.

Currently they're listed as High-Low due to being able to pick up the torn pieces off the ground to recreate the layer. However, this doesn't take into account the fact that a good handful of towers reference either disintegrating, vaporizing, "erasing", or reducing Bloons to dust, plus corrosive glue and Alchemist Monkey's acid potions

There's also this unused Orbital Strike Power Card which I calced to be planet level
Kinda just following this blog

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/v...dUnused.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20201205092902

Planet Diameter: 400 px
*Real Diameter: 12742 km

Blast Diameter: 48x17 (50.9215) px
*Real Diamter: 1622.1046 km / 811052.3223 meter radius

Sphere Volume: 2.23478231e+18 cubic meters
*40% Sphere: 8.93912926e+17 cubic meters

Even though our blast is smaller than the one in the blog, I'm still gonna use the earth's average density (5515.3 kg/m^3) since x4 the size isn't really all that much of a difference at this scale.
*Mass destroyed and moved: 4.93019796e+21 kg

Don't have a proper timeframe for the explosion, so if nothing else, I'll just say it takes as long as the orbital strike ability lasts (1.25 seconds)
*Blast expansion speed: 811052.3223/1.25 = 648,841.8578 m/s

KE: 0.5*(5.5464727e+21)*811052.3223^2 = 1.03779621e+33 joules (Planet level)

Last edited:
In regards to the regrow thing, I definitely agree that it can regrow from less than just scraps. However it's at this point where we need to consider whether or not we should be able to use mechanics gotten from challenge editor to scale certain things. for instance, a regrow ceramic in challenge mode can get hit by a tech terror ability (which is currently listed as existence erasure), get popped down to a red, then regrow back to ceramic despite those layers having been "destroyed completely and utterly"

Also 0-0-5 dartling gunner has existence erasure confirmed

In regards to the regrow thing, I definitely agree that it can regrow from less than just scraps. However it's at this point where we need to consider whether or not we should be able to use mechanics gotten from challenge editor to scale certain things. for instance, a regrow ceramic in challenge mode can get hit by a tech terror ability (which is currently listed as existence erasure), get popped down to a red, then regrow back to ceramic despite those layers having been "destroyed completely and utterly"
I don't think challange editor mechanics should be used here since they aren't really canon.

Yeah, I agree that we shouldn't scale the Bloons to challenge editor mechanics.

So since Vaporization appears to be their best regen from feat, Mid-High regen for the Bloons?

yeah I do obviously agree that the actual stats of challenge editor sliders shouldn't be used, but the question remains of whether we should say for instance that a regrow bloon can definitely regenerate from a tech terror ability

The fact that it can happen does seem to reason that it's possible, however, in my opinion, if it cannot be replicated in regular gameplay, than we shouldn't include it

another thing, should we have a separate key for super ceramics? More durability but doesn't multiply

I mean, Dr. Monkey's been a part of the main canon for most of the series. He's responsible for a good chunk of the technological advances.

New Q&A
  • Monkey Radioactive weaponry is clean and doesn't ruin the environment
  • Potential new speed feat for Monkey Ace if we can figure out how high up they fly
  • Obyn got his new powers (Ocean and Mountain Guardian) from the Sun God
  • Pat teaches monkeys to be strong enough to use dartling guns

Last edited:
New Q&A
  • Monkey Radioactive weaponry is clean and doesn't ruin the environment
  • Potential new speed feat for Monkey Ace if we can figure out how high up they fly
  • Obyn got his new powers (Ocean and Mountain Guardian) from the Sun God
  • Pat teaches monkeys to be strong enough to use dartling guns
1. How would that affect the relevant monkeys?

2. New speed feat for the Airplane sounds great.

3. Power bestowal for the Sun God then.

4. That would mean the monkey holding the daetling gunner is stronger than both the unupgraded dart monkey and the unupgraded boomerang monkey

1. Doesn't really affect them. Just wanted to note it.
3. I'll add this new feat to Sun God's Power Bestowal in a bit when I add the no friendly fire stuff to the profiles.
4. Which does translate over, since their striking strength and durability are currently Small Building level. Though this will be a nice supporting link.

Last edited:
also aces are apparently "super good at dodging" which I'm not sure if this is something that can be added to their abilities or not as evasive maneuvering. Also, I think I've already mentioned this, but we can absolutely calc the height of a monkey ace by timing how long it takes for a bomber ace's bomb to hit the ground

ok so it takes pretty much 2 seconds for the bomb to hit the ground, which means that this is a hella low flying plane

tbh I guess it makes sense that it'd be flying that low when you consider that it's literally hitting bloons with horizontally shot darts

Well since gravity accelerate the falling object, formula is going to be: y = g * t² = 9.81 * 4 = 39.24 m

That's really low height for any plane to fly

Back