• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BSD Atsushi Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
So, in chapter 47.5 of Bungou Stray Dogs, we get the following feat from Atsushi. The important thing here is that he only just noticed the bullet when it was a few inches from his face (fig 1). So what I'm hoping to do is work out just how fast he had to react in order to catch it in his mouth (fig 2). But first I need to know how fast a bullet moves. If it helps, the bullet comes from SMGs. So anyone know any low, mid and high ends of a SMG bullet's speed?

BSD sudden bullet
Fig 1 - he only just noticed it

BSD Bullet catch
Fig 2 - catches it in his teeth

BSD gun type
Fig 3 - type of guns

Went ahead and tried to calc it using the average speed of a bullet .

Average speed of a bullet - 2500fps = 762m/s

Distance between bullet and Atsushi = roughly 4 cm

762m/s

0.04m

S = D/T

T = D/S

T = 0.04/762

That's how long Atsushi had to react to the bullet.

So, Atsushi reacted in 0.00005249343 of a second

How fast would he need to be to do that?

That does sound a bit too high... but the bullet was extremely close at the time.

Using a slower bullet speed of 335m/s , I still got him reacting in 0.00011940298 of a second though. That's high hypersonic

Actually, think you got mixed up. Reacting in 0.0000524 of a second is only High Hypersonic

So that's a bit more reasonable. High Hypersonic reactions

Monarch Laciel said:
Looks like the muzzle velocity of the gun you linked is 340m/s
So from what I calc'd that would be around Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic reactions
I admittedly don't have any knowledge on the verse, but the math seems fine for HHS characters. In general, reading the description of the feats he scales to, I think subsonic is very conservative for this verse and I agree it sounds like they are HHS.

@Monarch

It's not wholly unreasonable, given that Port Mafia regularly deals with guys armed with automatic weaponry.

Atsushi is fast, but not extremely so by the standards of the series and regularly gets beaten up, so this should scale to just about everyone important.

I suppose. I'm just on the fence as if he was hypersonic in movement speed, why didn't he just dodge the bullet instead of catching it in his teeth?

Also, could you check out this thread?

None of the changes to Atsushi have been added yet. Also, have we agreed on who else this scales to, if anyone?

Given that Fitzgerald isn't seen fighting anyone else, we can't scale these statistics to anyone.

This power boost was also a one-time thing, since Fitzgerald broke the bank due to his fight with Atsushi and Akutagawa.

In addition, the vast majority of the members of the Armed Detective Agency, Port Mafia, and The Guild don't have abilities that translate into direct combat strength, include the faction heads, so this wouldn't scale to anyone else.

Uhhh Rep?

Wrong thread. This is for the speed revisions, not the 8-A Tier

I'll quote your reply on that one though.

To who though?

Atsushi's reaction speed is all I'm looking for here. But you think it scales to the overall speed of the rest of the cast?

Pretty much everyone. Atsushi fights on par with Akutagawa who gets beaten up by Dazai, who isn't much faster than everyone else.

Alrighty then

Hypersonic+ to High Hypersonic BSD

I like this

Shall I make the revisions to their pages?

What about Akiko Yosano?

Unlike Kunikida and Danzai, her speed was only listed at peak human with superhuman reactions. Is there a reason she was lower than them, or should she also scale? She did keep up with Chuuya who was comparable to Danzai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back