• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly V.S Jiren

How? they arent even close, FP jiren struggles against a weakened and tired goku and vegeta, while FP broly completely destroyes a much stronger goku and vegeta who have full power. You have no evidence to even support that. all you have is that you "feel" like it.

remember, actual feats > statements someone made, even if it was by someone credible.

He was never struggling, he was still manhandling KKX10 Goku and SSBE Vegeta. That was only when he was starting to show a hint of his full power.

he was struggling, or at least requiring a lot of effort, when he fought them they attacks actually knocked him back and hurt a bit. they did a lot more than what they did to broly, he actually was affected, broly didnt get hurt until SSB gogeta showed up, besides, if broly could beat SSJ gogeta and force him into SSB, he should easily be able to beat jiren.

If he was truly struggling to fight those two then he should've gotten destroyed by UI3 Goku who should be superior to both Goku and Vegeta, but he was more or less fighting on equal ground with UI3 Goku

Over the course of the TOP, Jiren fought

Goku in Base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSG, SSGSS, SSBKK 20x, the Universe 7 Spirit Bomb with the sender being in SSBKK 20x, UIO1, post UIO2 SSGSS, and fought post UIO2 SSGSSKK 20x Goku, SBBE Vegeta, Golden Frieza and 17 all at once and fodderized them

Then he enters FP and

Fodderizes post UIO2 SSGSS Goku again, fights and beats UIO3 Goku, got beaten by MUI

Goes LB and

Clashes MUI and winning for a time, but very clearly losing over time, fought a losing battle against Enraged MUI fairly evenly

And even after all that, he still fights a flickering SSJ Goku and a flickering Golden Frieza to a draw.

Broly fought two slightly stronger normal SSGSS for a little while

To say that two SSGSS that are slightly stronger with zenkais and training rival UIO3 is pushing it. To say they rival MUI is flat-out wrong

ChocomilkAlex said:
If he was truly struggling to fight those two then he should've gotten destroyed by UI3 Goku who should be superior to both Goku and Vegeta, but he was more or less fighting on equal ground with UI3 Goku

BakiHanma18 said:
Over the course of the TOP, Jiren fought
Goku in Base, SSJ, SSJ2, SSG, SSGSS, SSBKK 20x, the Universe 7 Spirit Bomb with the sender being in SSBKK 20x, UIO1, post UIO2 SSGSS, and fought post UIO2 SSGSSKK 20x Goku, SBBE Vegeta, Golden Frieza and 17 all at once and fodderized them Most of those are irrelevant since they were all very weak, yeah he fought a VERY tired and weak SSBE vegeta, a very tired and weak golden frieza, a weakened 17, and SSBSSKKx20 Goku.

Then he enters FP and

Fodderizes post UIO2 SSGSS Goku again, fights and beats UIO3 Goku, got beaten by MUI

Goes LB and

Clashes MUI and winning for a time, but very clearly losing over time, fought a losing battle against Enraged MUI fairly evenly He wasnt winning at all, that entire fight he was getting destroyed or barely blocking an attack,

And even after all that, he still fights a flickering SSJ Goku and a flickering Golden Frieza to a draw. once again, both very weak.

Broly fought two slightly stronger normal SSGSS for a little while The difference is, he didnt fight them, he destroyed them 0 effort, Jiren actually got pushed back and had to use quite a bit of effort to fight a weakened goku , very weak vegeta, very weak goku, very weak frieza, and android 17. all of those together still arent as strong as a full power post T.O.P goku and vegeta, it isnt just zenkai boost or slightly stronger, theyve been training. What you arent understanding is that broly literally didnt even get hurt or phased in the slightest by any attack other than SSB gogeta, SSJ gogeta would be comparable to FP jiren seeing as its stronger than both SSBE vegeta, and SSBKKx20 Goku by quite a good bit,

you clearly didnt rewatch the fight if you think the entire thing was just jiren bodying everyone 0 effort until MUI. Heck when he charged android 17 he got pushed back a lot just by some of his basic ki blast.

To say that two SSGSS that are slightly stronger with zenkais and training rival UIO3 is pushing it. To say they rival MUI is flat-out wrong No one said they rivalled MUI at all. But they are infact much stronger than UIO3, considering none of the ultra instinct forms besides MUI actually hit hard, they were just good for dodging and thats it. even SSBKKx20 in T.O.P actually hit harder than UIO3.

Ahhh shit... here we go again

1)The point of listing off all of those (and that's not even mentioning his fights with Hit and Kale) was to show that he fought a ton of fights against increasingly difficult opponents, and them being weak is headcanon since they were still able to sustain their strongest transformations with no difficulty. You want weak? See Goku, Frieza, and Jiren at the end of the tourney

2)That is blatantly incorrect. Jiren smashed MUI Goku into the ground hard enough so that Goku had a hard time recovering TWICE, whereas Goku only did that to Jiren once before Jiren enraged Goku by attacking his friends. Jiren literally commented about Goku getting back up from an ass kicking twice, making comments like "You persistent bastard" and "where are you pulling this stamina from"

3) So was Jiren, so that's a moot point

4) Your "there weak" argument is pure speculation and headcanon, and to imply that FP Jiren, who was casually keeping pace, wasn't in fact dominating, is ludicrous and wrong.

5) UIO3 is weaker than post TOP Blue???? That's some nice headcanon, proof?

>Jiren on par with Angry Goku.

This is some serious w@nk lol. And what does fighting a losing battle evenly even means? Jiren was getting manhandled almost as bad as Broly

Jiren was on the losing side before Goku became even enraged [1]

Even before Goku got pissed off, Jiren was clearly taking more viable damage and he was out of breath while Goku was totally calm, after Goku became angry Jiren was totally outmatched and he was barely able to fight back.

I watched the fight many times, I can assure there is not a SINGLE frame where Jiren even land a hit on Goku after he become enraged. He was getting tossed around for the most part.

That's great, but since nobody said Jiren was on par with angry Goku, I'll assume you're taking about when I said "fought a losing battle against Enraged MUI fairly evenly

On par=/=losing a fairly event fight

They literally clash evenly through most of the fight, with Goku being the only one to land a hit, hence Jiren losing...

1 them being weak isnt head cannon, besides if they were any actual threat to before SSBE and SSBKKx20 jiren then this entire debate should be a easy win for broly

2. what the person above me say, dont make up stuff, or wank, Goku MUi destroyed jiren no questions asked, heck he destroyed him more than SSB Gogeta destroyed Broly, not to mention SSB gogeta being stronger than goku MUI,MUI goku rushed straight through some of LB jiren's attacks and causally countered them with relative ease, even SSB gogeta had common enough sense to dodge broly and not get hit by his attacks. knowing how powerful he is.

3.no, jiren ACTUALLY got pushed back quite a bit, and they were putting somewhat of a fight while broly crushed them no questions, big difference.

4.Not speculation, we literally say vegeta barely being able to stand from after fighting toppo and frieza literally just getting back from being unconscious, and it was stated SEVERAL times about how goku had a lack ofstamina because of the constant fighting, so yes, they were weakened an tired.

Yes, he WAS weaker in terms of actual power, SSBkkx20 did hit harder, this should be obvious, even when kefla commented on how none of his attacks actually hurt, he onlyed defeated kefla by knocking her out of the ring, where as a full power SSBKkx20 wouldve been able to do more. he dodged better and was more agile, but he couldnt hit NEARLY as hard as he did. and you act like theres a big difference is strength between UIO1 UIO2 and UIO3, those are just the different times he used it, he didnt really get strong enough to make a difference.

Jiren did struggle a bit at taking them all out, had that been broly, he wouldnt crushed them all in seconds, while jiren actually had to use quite a bit of effort. Which is clearly displayed,

its not headcannon and speculation when it's showed directly infront of you, headcannon would be making up random things based off of how you felt towards it, such as you claim on how jiren did against MUI, MUI completely crushed him, LB jiren just doesnt have the power to end broly fast enough, even if he was slightly stronger, broly's adaptation and rapidly increasing power would lead him to catch up and ultimately defeat jiren. it makes no sense for jiren to suddenly try and insta kill broly even if he did have the power, which he doesnt, he never showed any trait like that.

and heck we only actually saw LB jiren for a little bit, all we know is that he's a bit stronger than FP jiren. to say he's on an entirely different level is obsurd.As seen in [1] He goes Limit breaking, just to still lose, we dont have any real feats on LB jiren other than him being a bit stronger than FP jiren, so consider broly would dominated FP jiren by quite a good bit, LB jiren definitely doesnt have anywhere near the power to defeat broly before he get too strong. that's assuming he can even handle broly in LB in the first place.

Also this whole "Jiren was destroying everyone with no effort until MUI" believe is wrong. Jiren, even after he got serious, was having some troubles with Goku/Vegeta and Android 17 when they ganged up on him all at once. Heck he was actually putting clear effort into breaking #17 barriers.

All those guys put together are still way weaker than SSJ Gogeta who SSJ Broly was clashing evenly with. Even if you ignore the fact that Goku and Vegeta got stronger since the ToP and went with multipliers alone, SSJ Broly would still be a threat to serious Jiren.

I don't know how anyone can say with confident that either of them is stronger, or heck, even Jiren one shouting Broly. There is many unknown factors here.

Broly is stronger in my view, but the match is still very debatable and can go both ways

1) "No I'm right" isn't an argument. Prove it

2) Watch the fight, Jiren literally knocks the shit out of him twice

3)He was literally handling 4 people at once with mid-low difficulty. Broly A) Doesn't hold back like Jiren clear was, unless your argument is that UIO3 is weaker than those 4, in which case I'm done debating against brick walls, and B) Isn't limited by a "no killing" rule, and still failed to kill these 2 fighters he was "absolutely destroying"

4)And yet he was able to maintain SSBE, and Frieza popped RIGHT BACK INTO GOLDEN FORM, and don't even get me started on Goku, who got amped like 5 DIFFERENT TIMES

TL;DR

Already addressed that, Jiren was clearly holding back unless, again, you think that SSBKK 20x, SSBE, Golden, and 17= UIO3, which they don't

I've still yet to see any actual proof that SSJ Broly is anything more than fodder. I'm still seeing FP Jiren=FP Broly

This point I actually agree with, but I do think that LB Jiren vs FP Broly would be a closer version of of the Gogeta fight (from what I understand, it would be 6:4 in Jiren's favor)

I think Jiren's got the advantage personally, but I 100% agree that this match could actually go either way

Already addressed that, Jiren was clearly holding back unless, again, you think that SSBKK 20x, SSBE, Golden, and 17= UIO3, which they don't

I've still yet to see any actual proof that SSJ Broly is anything more than fodder. I'm still seeing FP Jiren=FP Broly

He wasn't going 100% full power but he was cleary putting good effort into it and still somewhat struggling as seen here [1] and I say again he was actually taking this seriouly here [2]

No, I don't think those 3 were as strong as UIO3 Goku, but I don't think the gap between them was AS huge as some people makes it to be.

I am glad we agree that the match could go either way.

1. never said anything even remotely close to that, i can tell you just skim across these which disregards basically anything you try to say if you arent gonna actually read it.

2. Where? clearly doesnt.

3.its clear the no killing rule had nothing to do with it when all he had to do was knock them out which he failed to do, a powerful hit shouldve done it if he's really as strong as you claim he is. yeah he didnt kill them because they ran off to fuse knowing good and well they didnt even have close to a chance, even though they're stronger than they were in top, but when they went against jiren, they clearly thought they had a chance, which they did even in SSBE and SSBKKx20 they put some work in, they didnt better against jiren than jiren ever did against MUI.

4. hardly, still doesnt disregard everything that happened earlier, same for frieza. goku eh on that at best.

5. TL;DR? see part 1. what you say doesnt matter anymore if you dont read things. all you're doing is picking what you do and dont want to hear so it can benefit your crumbling argument. You keep acting like jiren had no sweat when clearly he struggled while Broly completely annhilated. If this fight ever comes down a "it can go either way" broly takes the lead by constantly getting stronger, you either completely over power broly like SSB gogeta, or you dont beat him. simple.

The SSBKK and SSBE argument is weak and I don't know why people use it to try and downplay Broly.

May I ask what makes you think anime original forms would have made any difference? The reason those form weren't used is because the movie tries to fit into both anime and manga canon although the narrative still remain the same with SSJ Broly being too much for Goku and Vegeta either way.

Gogeta was stronger than Broly saga SSB Goku in base, then Gogeta goes Super Sayian and gets 50x boost which makes him 50x to 100x time stronger than ToP SSB Goku and SSJ Broly still takes him head on. Goku and Vegeat were hopless against Broly the moment he went SSJ, hence the reason they tried fusion in the first place.

Sometimes you need to try and read the narrative instead of just looking at the cooler form.

1) Just saying "it's not headcanon" with no proof is the equivalent of saying"No I'm right". Don't run that "you're not reading what I'm saying" on me, it's not going to fly

2) I posted a link to a video, I'm not time stamping, it's toward the end, you can find it.

3) To say that knocking someone off the stage is easier than just evaporating them is entirely false. *See the compromise me and ZERO7772 came to

4) It actually does. If they were legitimately as tired as you're making them out to be, they'd all be like Goku, Frieza, and Jiren at the end of the tournament

5) Too Long Didn't Read; present your arguments in concise segments or don't bother posting, and you can be sure I'll let you know when I don't care enough to read your arguments, *See TLDR

To be fair, SSBKK 20x is, well, 20x stronger than SSB, and Evolution should be comparable, if not stronger. I'm not aware of any proof currently that Goku and Vegeta's training and zenkais have equated to a 20x+ multiplier

You are making me repeat myself too often. Like I said, even if you dismiss any possibility of them getting stronger SSJ Broly would still manhandle them both narrative and scaling wise.

SSBE was confirmed by movie staff to be equal to Kaio-Ken x20.

according to ZERO's logic, (which seems fairly accurate), Gogeta SSJ would be fairly stronger than SSBE and SSBkkx20 goku and vegeta by quite a good bit. so i would throw him over there with FP jiren who seemed to give similar results of being fairly stronger than, but not completely wiping them. Broly over powered Gogeta's SSJ forcing him into SSB. so this FP broly vs FP jiren isnt even an argument at this point. broly still cleans with relative ease.

Well, if you have a couple of spare hours and nothing left to live for, give the thread a read, and it becomes obvious why

But by that same logic, since we're saying that SSJ Gogeta is comparable to FP Jiren, and the amp between SSJ to Blue is smaller than Jiren's FP to LB (Goku's amp from SSJ to Blue in the initial fight had Jiren going from not even budging to casually manhandling him, but trying. Jiren's amp from FP to LB allowed him to go from being slightly stronger than UIO3 to being able to clash evenly with a non-enraged MUI), wouldn't that mean that FP Jiren amps to LB and the fight practically goes the same way as Gogeta vs Broly?

BakiHanma18 said:
But by that same logic, since we're saying that SSJ Gogeta is comparable to FP Jiren, and the amp between SSJ to Blue is smaller than Jiren's FP to LB (Goku's amp from SSJ to Blue in the initial fight had Jiren going from not even budging to casually manhandling him, but trying. Jiren's amp from FP to LB allowed him to go from being slightly stronger than UIO3 to being able to clash evenly with a non-enraged MUI), wouldn't that mean that FP Jiren amps to LB and the fight practically goes the same way as Gogeta vs Broly?
Make sense to me

BakiHanma18 said:
No, not even close, SSJ gogeta to SSB gogeta is a far greater gap than LB to FP jiren. remember gogeta is a lot stronger so using goku's SSJ and SSB to measure it makes no sense, thats like saying the gap between 1 and 10 is similar to the gap between 100 and 1000, sure its still the same ration but the actual gap is higher.

Jiren didnt "Clash evenly" he got his ass kicked. Gogeta went from being weaker than broly to MUCH MUCH stronger than him, jiren went from being strong than UIO3 and weaker than MUI to still weaker than MUI. so no. it doesnt mean that. get it out of your head that MUI and LB jiren are even close to even, because they arent, that entire fight goku was beating him. He rushed right through LB jirens attacks and countered others. not to mention SSB gogeta is a lot stronger than MUI goku.

@BakiHanma18 That quiet the leap in logic you got there my dude.

Jiren went from being outmatched by MUI and taking 6-7 solid hits without suffering fatal damage to sifghting somewhat equally with UI Goku. If you give him the benefit and go by this site rules then the boost Jiren got from his LB form won't even be twice his original power.

For him to go from being entirely outclassed by MUI, to being closely comparable but weaker still than MUI, does that mean that we should compare the amps between UIO3 to MUI and SSJ to SSGSS?

UI Goku didn't one shot him and Jiren was more or less fine after the ass whipping he got from Goku. His BS power allowed him to fight close to UI Goku level but was still struggling greatly even before Goku get angry.

You are suggesting that UI Goku was thousands of time stronger than Jiren here which is absolutely baseless.

Is Jiren on par with Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta, or somewhere near Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta? If not, then my vote goes to Broly via tankiness and dimensional-breaking AP.

Edit: Ugh, this always happens to me. You're using SS Broly. Not SS (Full Power).

Idk. I am not gonna take Goku's statement about Broly>=Beerus seriously here so...

Jiren is in his Base has been shown to see SSBKKx20/SSBE like nothing, plus he has been stated multiple times to be at least GoD level and his LB mode is even way more stronger than that. so: Limit Breaker Jiren > Initial MUI Goku >>>> FP Jiren >/= Beerus >> 3 auras Jiren >>> SSBE/SSBKKx20.

SSJ Broly on the other hand was shown to be treating SSBs like flies , plus he fought on par with SSJ Gogeta (who in his Base form is already far above SSB tier). so we got: SSJ Broly >/< SSJ Gogeta >>>> Base Gogeta >> SSB Goku/Vegeta. though SSB Goku and Vegeta at DBS Broly are much stronger than their ToP selves, I doubt it is by a really large margin to make their SSB selves as strong as Base Jiren or even near SSBKKx20 tier so I don't think it affects my point.

even though both show scaling way above SSB tier characters, I gotta be honest here. Jiren imo has far more impressive scaling than SSJ Broly/Gogeta. I see SSJ Broly kinda holding his own against Base Jiren and maybe beating him due to RE but LB Jiren is too much for him imo. LB Jiren and SSJFP Broly are way more comparable imo but I am still doubtful.

Wait, we are using SSJ Broly here?

People keep acting like Jiren wasn't putting any effort what so ever into his fight aginst the trio despite not powring up at all when he fought UIO3 Goku and prople genreally acept this as Jiren Full Power. Jiren was struggling and putting effort many times before UIO even showed up for third time.

Jiren scaling is: 100% Jiren >= UIO3 Goku > Serious Jiren > SSBKKx20/SSBE >>> SSB

Broly scaling is : SSJ Broly >= SSJ Gogeta >> hypothetical Broly movie SSBKKx20/SSBE > SSBKKx20/SSBE "ToP arc" > SSB Broly movie > SSB ToP

Go figure

Back