• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bring back Pokemon profiles

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Note: This is staff only. And also, thanks to @Aiden for suggesting to make this thread.

This will only be in moderation. For Pokemon who actually have feats via pokedex. Some of us members were talking, and we believe that it was a bit unfair to get rid of all the non-legendaries. I even had to request for the two we have now. There's calcs for a good amount of them and everything. Some of us were even calcing some non-legendary feats. Note that there will be no scaling involved in this whatsoever (only one exception I found of this so far was scaling Magne-family to Pikachu). All in all, I implore the staff to consider this option.

So long as there's no scaling to pokemon they defeat in battle (IE Pikachu beating Latios, Charizard beating Articuno, etc.) then i dont see a problem. There are quite a few good feats they have on their own.

I completely agree. Sure, some people are gonna not follow the Pokemon rules, but people mess up rules with Marvel power-scaling all the time and we keep those profiles. Felt like a hasty decision to delete all of the Pokemon pages.

Just a few things though. Would power-scaling via evolutionary lines be allowed? Because Espurr has a calc that puts it at Multi-City Block, would that scale directly to Meowstic? My other question is whether or not anime feats are allowed, because I believe Darkrai has a city feat in the anime somewhere.

Evolution would definitely scale. A Dragonite would be town level through the Dragonair feat, and Magnezone would be MCB through the Magneton feat, along with the Espurr example.

I agree. Pokemon should only be scaled to their own feats, pokedex entries and previous evolutions.

Scaling should be scrutinized, but not completely disallowed. And, for the record, I doubt some random Pikachu would scale to Magne-line, just Ash's.

I don't mind aslong as it doesn't turn into a mess like before. Which it shouldn't if it's organised and managed properly

One thing i'd suggest is having a key as to what media it's from (The Adventures manga, Games or Anime/Movies, etc)

I don't think we should be matching their stats from all forms of media and putting it into one key. Though it will be harder to get good statistics, especially from the games.

The games can use their pokedex feats, thats where a lot of the original profiles got their feats from

Dragonite gets his Town feats from the Manga and Garchomp has a MCB feat in the anime, but a good chunk of it comes from Pokedex entries.

Also, I don't mind to be part of (i dunno if call it a "group" exactly, but) that will recreate the profiles, and check that no other profile were create by scaling

We should get some power-scaling rules in order. Here's my suggestion

"Power-Scaling Pokemon profiles is not to be accepted unless..

-X Pokemon is superior than Y Pokemon by evolutionary line (I.E. Dragonite is superior to Dragonair through evolutions)

-If the Pokemon are explicitly stated to be comparable to each other, such as Seviper and Zangoose or some similar relationship."

Does anyone else have stuff to add?

Dunno. I mean Dragonite would already be Town level but i'm not sure if they can scale to each other...

Nah. Only pokemon that are stated to be equal or rivals could scale. Like Raticate and Gumshoos, Durant and Heatmor, Zansgoose and Seviper, Sawk and Throh, and--and this is very iffy-- Gengar and Alakazam

Only that?

And, I perfectly know that Stats musn't be used for scaling, but what about cases like Typhlosion and Charizard, who are equal in that apartment?

Apart from that, I have no other questions or problem with the scaling.

Yeah, Stat scaling isnt really a good way of measuring/comparing, otherwise there would be a lot of Low 2-C and Immeasurable speed pokemon who have better stats than Arceus...

WeeklyBattles said:
Yeah, Stat scaling isnt really a good way of measuring/comparing, otherwise there would be a lot of Low 2-C and Immeasurable speed pokemon who have better stats than Arceus...
Yes, i know that, but I was curious about that case of being exacts equals

As I have already expressed, I am fine with this as long as there is not too much cross scaling.

For instance, Regigigas is a Pokemon who has Continent level power. In the Adventures manga, Heatran almost stalemated Regigigas were it not for interruption by the Lake Trio. Therefore, scaling Heatran to Regigigas in power is fine.

However, giving Pikachu Continent level durability due to not being insta-murked by Heatran in Jewel of Life is not.

Eh. Got nothing to add here other than being fine with this so long as there isn't too much cross scaling here and there between each Pokemon.

@Azzy, I believe legendaries should be able to scale to each other.

@Weekly, maybe we should wait for TMRs feedback?

OBD has Mewtwo at Country in Base via scaling from Lugia

And Mega Mewtwo at Continent to Moon via scaling from Reshiram/Primal Groudon and Kyogre

Sorry dude, but this is staff only. Anyway, I believe we use games as top tier canon over the anime, but I could be wrong.

LordAizenSama said:
I don't mind aslong as it doesn't turn into a mess like before. Which it shouldn't if it's organised and managed properly
One thing i'd suggest is having a key as to what media it's from (The Adventures manga, Games or Anime/Movies, etc)

I don't think we should be matching their stats from all forms of media and putting it into one key. Though it will be harder to get good statistics, especially from the games.
This. It's pretty obvious different incarnations have different feats, with most anime feats being Room-Building yet the Pokedex having Mountain level stuff.

^ We were discussing this in chat. I think we came to the consensus that Articuno, Zapdos and Moltros (and by extension, Mewtwo) would scale to Lugia.

Darkanine said:
^ We were discussing this in chat. I think we came to the consensus that Articuno, Zapdos and Moltros (and by extension, Mewtwo) would scale to Lugia.
Good.

And about Mega Mewtwo X/Y scaling?

I'm alright with this as long as I get to make the Volcarona page. (and Sceptile, if possible.)

I suppose we could bring back the ones that actually have reliable feats to scale from. However, LordAizenSama and the rest of you would have to look over how we should reword the regulations at the Pokémo and Editing Rules pages.

Back