• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

breaking bad street level upgrade!!!!!!

gus and saul wear bulletproof vests which give them 9-C dura

also waltuh should have pain tolerance for being able to burn his own wrist with a wire hot enough to melt through a zip tie

thats it

Absolute chicanery of a thread.
Listing the vest as standard equipment for Gus seems fine. Not sure about Jimmy, since IIRC he only wears it once and is then never seen using it again, I don't know if it should be listed as optional equipment for him or not. Pain Tolerance isn't an ability so I disagree with Walt having it.

Obligatory "uhhh where scans" comment here.

Pain Tolerance isn't an ability so I disagree with Walt having it.
resistance to pain manip is. lots of characters have it listed as “high pain tolerance” in their p&a
Obligatory "uhhh where scans" comment here.
gus vest: better call saul season 6 episodes 5 (“black and blue”) and 8 (“point and shoot”)
saul vest: breaking bad season 5 episode 13 (“to’hajiilee”)
waltuh….burn your skin away waltuh…: breaking bad season 5 episode 6 (“buyout”)

Actual resistance to Pain Manipulation would be more in line with a character being incapable of feeling it in its entirety, not just "this hurts but I can work through it".

Walt doesn't have this, I shouldn't even have to say it.

Actual resistance to Pain Manipulation would be more in line with a character being incapable of feeling it in its entirety, not just "this hurts but I can work through it".

Walt doesn't have this, I shouldn't even have to say it.
Literally. He feels pain but just kinda fights through it, basically a proxy for pain manipulation.

so should he just have higher stamina? barely flinching while burning your wrist hot enough to cause third degree burns is not average shut up

walter does seem to have pretty high pain tolerance though. in addition to the wire burn i previously mentioned, he was walking around like nothing happened after being fatally shot, while everyone else who had been shot was either dead or convulsing on the ground. he's also comparable to jesse, who was running and jumping around after an extensive beating from tuco.

walter does seem to have pretty high pain tolerance though. in addition to the wire burn i previously mentioned, he was walking around like nothing happened after being fatally shot, while everyone else who had been shot was either dead or convulsing on the ground. he's also comparable to jesse, who was running and jumping around after an extensive beating from tuco.
Looks like Superhuman for me

Characters who can push themselves beyond the limits of any normal human, exerting themselves for long periods of time, pushing on through exceptionally painful circumstances, and acting even when grievously injured.

lol walter does actually fall under those last two, but everything i listed could still be done by a particularly resilient human being

also i’m pretty sure walter stayed awake for three days between gus threatening his family and walter killing gus, which should back up a stamina upgrade

so just to recap

saul and gus have their dura changed to athlete level, street level with bulletproof vest

waltuhs stamina gets upgraded to athletic (comparable to jesse. choked krazy-8 to death while getting stabbed repeatedly in the leg. chased a fly around his meth lab for over 24 hours, repeatedly injuring himself in the process, and only stopped when jesse drugged him. seemingly stayed awake for three days with various injuries after gus threatened his family. used a wire to burn through a zip tie attached to his wrist, melting his own skin off in the process, without flinching. moved around as if nothing was wrong, casually shot jack in the head, and walked a short distance to jack's meth lab, all after being fatally shot in the stomach)

Last edited:
Back