• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Breaking A Wrestling Ring

I just realized something...

What're we going to do with everyone below Top Tier? They obviously don't scale to the ring breaking feats, and I doubt I can find other feats to calc as well.

they could just downscale to baseline 9-B+ if there is evidence for it.
Potentially.

We just gotta see the results of Neko's feat and then we can start making a scaling chain.

Kachon is pretty busy right now, so we just gotta wait.

1309181399001.jpg

Hold on a moment-Kachon only added his steel beam to his calculation after I accepted his initial calculation with just the wood despite how I stated how iffy it is to assume fragmentation for the steel beams due to how thin they are.

In fact, reviewing the scene again, the hole appears to be rectangular, which is most likely the space between the steel beams which implies only the wood was broken and not the steel beams.

Hold on a moment-Kachon only added his steel beam to his calculation after I accepted his initial calculation with just the wood despite how I stated how iffy it is to assume fragmentation for the steel beams due to how thin they are.

In fact, reviewing the scene again, the hole appears to be rectangular, which is most likely the space between the steel beams which implies only the wood was broken and not the steel beams.
Rip

Did you ever consider that the location of the beams weren't at the length, but rather the width which explains the rectangular hole?

And even if they were affected, the beams look too thin to really be fragmentated to a point where snapping them through blunt force wouldn't be much of a problem as snapping a stick in two. If anything, you should use a splitting formula instead.

As a matter of fact, do you even have the full footage of a match where they broke a hole in the ring that isn't just a video montage where they go in depth of how much was destroyed? Because if we see the true destruction of the floor from below, this could greatly affect your calculation whether or not steel beams were involved in the destruction.

Well, Kachon isn't online now, so do we wait for him to come back, or do we do the calculations for him?

Did you ever consider that the location of the beams weren't at the length, but rather the width which explains the rectangular hole?
I’m not really following you here

And even if they were affected, the beams look too thin to really be fragmentated to a point where snapping them through blunt force wouldn't be much of a problem as snapping a stick in two. If anything, you should use a splitting formula instead.
I get the feeling that will give ***** results but sure, what’s the formula?

This shit is not getting any higher than 800 Kilojoules.

I'm calling it right now.

The beams being made of steel is the only reason why I think it can reach 800 KJ.

Because they were taken out of that spot for obvious reasons. It was to facilitate the spot and have them break the ring without actually hurting themselves.

But for the purposes of the feat within kayfabe, they should be accounted since the feat is treated as a big deal.

Because they were taken out of that spot for obvious reasons. It was to facilitate the spot and have them break the ring without actually hurting themselves.

But for the purposes of the feat within kayfabe, they should be accounted since the feat is treated as a big deal.
All Hail Lord Revanchist 🗿

Without any real evidence of steel beams really being involved in the hole destruction, you're just making your personal headcanon that they were actually there.

Without any real evidence of steel beams really being involved in the hole destruction, you're just making your personal headcanon that they were actually there.
I understand your point, but WWE is notorious for using softer materials to protect their actors.

The fact… they’re there? It isn’t headcanon. The burden of proof would be on people assuming that steel beams that are literally always there magically disappeared, the square is just proof of how the spot was done, it’s like spotting the slight of hand from a magician in a movie. You know how the actor did it, it doesn’t mean we remove magic from the page.

The ring is reinforced with steelbeams, that's always the case.

For this spot, in real life, they had to take them out to facilitate the ring breaking. Otherwise, it would never have been broken, as they are able to slam each other all the time without something happening.

Within the concept of kayfabe (or if you prefer, "in canon"), they don't acknowledge the fact that this spot of the ring is soft on purpose. In fact, is the other way around, they act like it was a big deal because everything should be working as normal.

If everything is supposed to be working as normal, yet they still broke the ring, what's the reasonable assumption? The fact that the ring was normal, imo.

Back