• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Breaking A Wrestling Ring

Busy atm but will give it a go soon

Which posts/pillars are we talking about? Is there an image of them?
5fcff4c45c7464ba82f17809_Dimensions-Sports-Professional-Wrestling-Ring-Elevation-Dimensions.svg

The pillars are the ones on the left and right.

I got the height of them, I just need everything else.

The pillars are in the shape of a cylinder (albeit they are pretty skinny), so the formula for that is πr^2h.

I just need the radius for it.

I don't know how to pixel scale🗿

I'm so useless...
Ah fair lol, you should’ve seen my first calculation when I didn’t know how to pixel scale, got 6-C+ for a 7-A feat 😭

I need my computer to do it which I won’t be able to get on until later tomorrow, so you might have to hold out a little while longer

Granted pixel scaling is relatively simple, if you have any favours to cash in you could ask someone to do it real quick, even if only to check if the image is to scale

Ah fair lol, you should’ve seen my first calculation when I didn’t know how to pixel scale, got 6-C+ for a 7-A feat 😭

I need my computer to do it which I won’t be able to get on until later tomorrow, so you might have to hold out a little while longer

Granted pixel scaling is relatively simple, if you have any favours to cash in you could ask someone to do it real quick, even if only to check if the image is to scale
If you wanna learn how to do it yourself, I just use Word Document, you can draw a line on it using insert shape and then enter the length in pixels (type in yypx to get a line yy pixels long, etc.) in the top right corner, guesstimate until you land on the perfect length for whatever you’re measuring and log down the px length

I’m sure there’s a mildly more accurate way to do it, but pixels are such short units of measurement it can’t affect the calcs I do now (9-B range) by any more than a handful of Joules

Remind me what you mean by pillars? Like the posts? They’re measured right there in the image if so
Yeah, the pillars are already measured in height.

I just need to find the volume of a pillar, which is hard for me to do.

Oh so you need the radius of the posts? I’ll check if the image above is to scale and if it is I’ll pixel scale that for you tomorrow

Image is not to scale so you'll have to find another way to find the radius of the posts, a birds eye view of the ring with something easily measurable and scalable would work

Image is not to scale so you'll have to find another way to find the radius of the posts, a birds eye view of the ring with something easily measurable and scalable would work
I can find other images of a wrestling ring, if ya want.

Just give me a bit.

Great! Is there any area of the ring we already know the measurements off that you could highlight here?
We know the height of the steel pillars is 18 inches.

We just need a radius, and then do the formula for the volume of each pillar.

Then we find the destruction of the pillars and get our destruction in joules (to hopefully good results).

We know the height of the steel pillars is 18 inches.

We just need a radius, and then do the formula for the volume of each pillar.

Then we find the destruction of the pillars and get our destruction in joules (to hopefully good results).
Do we know anything like the length of the ropes, length of the ring, anything like that?

Do we know anything like the length of the ropes, length of the ring, anything like that?
The length of the ring is 20 inches (6.1 meters).

Don't really know the length of the ropes, but I know it's less than 20 inches looking at this image.

5fcff4c45c7464ba82f17809_Dimensions-Sports-Professional-Wrestling-Ring-Elevation-Dimensions.svg

Still couldn't find the rope length.

Though we might as well say the ropes are 20 inches since there's such a minuscule difference imo.

Back