• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ryu Baeksan vs Taehoon Seong

Rules:
  • Speed is equalised.
  • Starting Distance: 10 meters

Untitled-1.jpg
  • No prep time. No prior knowledge.
  • Start of Series Ryu
  • Middle School Taehoon
  • Both are in character but willing to kill.
  • Ryu’s Stats:
    • AP & Dura: 300 joules (Baseline Street Level)
  • Taehoon’s Stats:
    • AP & Dura: 300 joules (Baseline Street Level)

Ryu’s advantages:
  • Stamina advantage (Peak Human stamina).
  • Better(?) and more unpredictable Acrobatics.
  • Analytical Prediction and Resistance to Analytical Prediction.
  • Pressure Points and Afterimage Creation.

Taehoon’s advantages:
  • Extended-melee range with baseball bat. His kicks have a longer range than Ryu’s punches.
  • More experienced martial artist + Weapon Mastery.
  • Information Analysis.

Punching Genius (1): @Rikimarox2,
Kicking Genius (0):
Inconclusive (0):

Last edited:
Iirc, The only abilities he has in his middle school are just these;

Superhuman characteristics, Martial arts, Acrobatics and genius intelligence and mabye weapon mastery?

Also, Another thing ;-;

Taehoon stats are a mess

He isn't subsonic in the profile and he is just baseline street level (300 J) as he doesn't have any calcs to his profile

Also, Another thing ;-;

Taehoon stats are a mess

He isn't subsonic in the profile and he is just baseline street level (300 J) as he doesn't have any calcs to his profile
His speed section states "Trained Taekwondo users are said to have 136mph kick speed" that's 60.7974 m/s (subsonic).
For his AP, when some thugs tried to break his leg with a baseball bat the bat shattered (He should be able to do the dame with his kicks.)
pYflq4w-7-m.jpg
pYflq4w-8-m.jpg
The baseball bat's durability section page states that to frag a bat 11 Kj is required.

His speed section states "Trained Taekwondo users are said to have 136mph kick speed" that's 60.7974 m/s (subsonic).
For his AP, when some thugs tried to break his leg with a baseball bat the bat shattered (He should be able to do the dame with his kicks.)
pYflq4w-7-m.jpg
pYflq4w-8-m.jpg
The baseball bat's durability section page states that to frag a bat 11 Kj is required.
I know, But regarding the vsbattle rules we can only use what's on the profile, As in;

His profile states he is superhuman and not subsonic

And his AP is just Street level and not Street level+ (Which would be 11 KJ) ;-;

Ryu doesn't scale to 77 m/s but baseline subsonic, no way he is as fast as Jean post evolution.

For the 60 m/s kick I believe that even IRL kicks can reach said speed, is because they have time to accelerate and only reach that Speed at the Absolute last Moment, It wouldnt even scale to his combat speed and even if It does most people would Just Dodge the kick before It reaches said speed, that's how these things work IRL.

Ryu doesn't scale to 77 m/s but baseline subsonic, no way he is as fast as Jean post evolution.

For the 60 m/s kick I believe that even IRL kicks can reach said speed, is because they have time to accelerate and only reach that Speed at the Absolute last Moment, It wouldnt even scale to his combat speed and even if It does most people would Just Dodge the kick before It reaches said speed, that's how these things work IRL.
So they're baseline subsonic & baseline superhuman?

idk... Ryu's ANPR and resistance to ANPR is pretty busted. Taehoon will have a hard time landing a hit.
He'll also have trouble evading Ryu's 'Freedom Style' boxing
Yeah but Taehoon with his kicks will make Ryu keep at bay

Not only that but the moment he dodges the kick, Taehoon will just spin around for another one

I believe Taehoon is better at attack recovery than Ryu because of his spinning kicks

Edit: Not to mention Ryu (Afaik) is not that well versed with a kick based opponent

Yeah but Taehoon with his kicks will make Ryu keep at bay

Not only that but the moment he dodges the kick, Taehoon will just spin around for another one

I believe Taehoon is better at attack recovery than Ryu because of his spinning kicks
Fair.
Edit: Not to mention Ryu (Afaik) is not that well versed with a kick based opponent
Ryu's a sadistic mad man who picked a fight with anyone and everyone he could. I'm sure some of them must have been kickers lol (Not even in the same tier as Taehoon tho)

I'm pretty sure the Boxer's ANPR chain goes something like this:

Regular boxers << Geniuses < Siha Lee < Ryu

Ryu should be able to predict Taehoon's attacks while being able to conceal his attacks quite easily.
His ANPR is his biggest advantage rn.

So they're baseline subsonic & baseline superhuman?
Which makes a stomps as Ryu Will pretty much react to whatever the other dude throws at him while the other dude Will have hard time dealing with any of Ryu's attacks; this Just considering Speed, we should also take in account Ryu's acrobatics and AnPr resistence.

EDIT: i noticed now you eq Speed so it's all good

Honestly I don't think Taehoon's kicks and stuff would be that much of a hindrance to Ryu. Dudes in The Boxer are geniuses on a whole another level, and considering Siha Lee's APR (Which reads everything about the body, blood flow, heartbeat, etc...) who got destroyed by Ryu, and the fact that Ryu beats gangs on a regular basis just like Taehoon, I think Ryu comfortably handles this without an issue. Voting Ryu here.

Edit: @Zefra3011 speed has been equalized, FYI.

Last edited:
Back