• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boundary Breakers: RP Thread

Bast looks unamused.

"...And I assume you will now explain this experiment that was important enough for you to kidnap us?"

@Tago238

"Zero Man Death's the name. I'm, of course, a Mage. My job is to defile, study and obtain all magic in existence, heh."
Previously transfixed on the rather... queer divine figure standing in front of him Frank suddenly has his attention broken by Zero Man Death. "Oh, uh, ah... well it's great to be goal oriented ain't it? You been successful in your endeavours whatsoever?" he says while secretly pondering the statement more than he lets on, taking brief glances at Izanagi once in a while as he does.

"So I am outside the afterlife." I mumble.

"What kind of experiment that involves kidnapping people across multiple realities can be described as little." I say more clearly.

Reya continues to listen. Their face displaying their interest in Frank and Bast's questions as they wait for the god in front of them to speak.

"You're more laid back than most would expect a god to be." They note

ZDM breaks his mesmerization at Frank's question.

"Of course i am!" He declares loudly and with exagerated hand motions.

"My infamy is damn near unmatched in my world i'll have you know." He says, not nearly as loud.

"Huh, neat, I think I should be more shocked by the fact that there is a literally diety standing relatively in front of me, but I think I've ran out of shock today after that initial experience," Though as a man of science he was curious about one thing, "If you could please answer my question, I am very curious, what is this experiment of yours?"

"Right, yes, good openers, everyone!"

This 'Izanagi' fellow claps his hands together. "Okay, first things first. Suffering exists because some sicko in the sky decided it would make for a good plot. Don't worry though, I got rid of him so you don't have to worry about that."

Then, to Reya's question. "Capital G God, please. Well, I've actually only been God for... about five minutes? give or take? I haven't even finished destroying creation to remake it yet, and I'm actually trying to decide what I should do with all these souls I've got floating about."

He shakes his head. This person... despite clearly being powerful, he seems like a bit of a joke.

"Anyway, Right, so this experiment is basically a test run of sorts, seeing how this whole 'god' thing works. Like I said, I'm kind of new to it, so you'll have to excuse me. But basically, I'm gonna drop you guys into a little multiverse, give you some superpowers, and see what you do! Should be simple enough, right?"

He appears to remember something then, and waves his hand. A wave of purplish energy crosses over everyone, briefly tinting reality purple. It appears everyone has had one of their trinkets gain some sort of immense power to it, and those without trinkets available to them have gained some. "Alright, so these things are called Boundary Breakers. I invented them cause using starships to travel between timelines was really energy-inefficient. Basically, you can all now open portals into other universes, or teleport there by shouting their name. Now I am limiting this a bit, so I did just give you a short pool of universes to choose from, but that's still a pretty big playground to mess around in, eh?"

With a wave of his hand, a series of floating, white names popped up from each of their new items:

Set 1 Universes
-Our Earth (2021)
-Fate (Heaven's Feel Timeline, Post-2004)
-Pokemon (Kalos)
-Final Fantasy X (Pre-Calm)
-Noita (Nightmare Mode)
-Dragon Ball (Super)
-Monster Hunter
-Fairy Tail (100 year Quest)
-Madness Combat (Pre-MC3)
-Discworld (During Reaper Man)
-Hellsing
-Genshin Impact
-Hunter x Hunter
-The Elder Scrolls (Skyrim Era)
-Saint Seiya (Classic Era)
-Avatar: The Last Airbender (Aang's Era)
-Don't Starve (Singleplayer and Together merged)
-Barney & Friends
-The Binding of Isaac
-Fire Emblem (Hoshido)
-One Punch Man
-Kid Icarus
-Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R1
-Terraria (New World)
-Minecraft (New World)
-MCU (Pre-Infinity War)

(These are the verses you can travel to for set 1, just pretend their actual names are there like "Spira" for FFX)

"Alright, there we go! How's that? Nice good amount of things for you to go hang out in, eh?"

Last edited:
"... Well... I see. I have work to do, my lord, so excuse me..."

The maker wastes no time inspecting his breaker...

"Actually, how are we to know what universe has what?"

The I-aught observes his "Boundary Breaker": a small blue wands, emblazoned with flame-like patterns. It feels quite natural to hold and move around, like it has specifically made for him. The list of worlds this device can grant travel to is also quite intruiging, but a specific example, "The Egg", piques his interest. A good combination of mystery and potential metaphorical meaning, like the title of a book.

@Jackythejack

"This is interesting, interesting!! Are you a cyborg? Or are you an actual Artificial intelligence?"
Halve stared at this newcomer and...just stared. The questions they were asking were...weird, to start the least.

”I...don’t know what I am.” She concluded. “I don’t know my purpose or whoever had created me. I’m not sure what I could be classified as...”

She brought a hand to her chin. “I suppose you could say I am artificial intelligence...”

She glanced to the large list of universes and frowned. This was all so very much to take in. She had a strange feeling this was not her original intention...

Frank's eyes widen. He seems to struggle taking this all in, barely even attempting to comprehend what Izanagi said after this god- no... anti god (???) responded to him.

He looks down at his breaker. "A cross... huh"

Last edited:
Tyrant threw his Bone necklace acting as his BarrierBreaker. He thinks it suits him. Looking at the Universes he could visit he had to admit...a certain really struck his fancy.

"Ah, that's a good question!"

Izanagi nodded at the maker. "So those breakers of yours have a couple other neat effects as well. They can store any items you acquire along your journey, so you don't have to worry about carrying things around. Plus, they're basically an encyclopedia as well. They can scan anything in the multiverse and tell you whatever you feel like knowing. And one last thing; some universes are pretty hostile to people like yourselves, so your physiology's been altered by having them on your person, just to make sure you can function in other worlds without breaking down."

Once more, he clapped his hands together, and when he pulled them apart, a spark of rainbow energy could be viewed within his hands. "So, who's ready to get some superpowers and go world-hopping!"

Reya reaches up to touch their own breaker, rubbing the circlet, and focusing on a particular world listed there.

"So there's nothing we have to do when we get our powers, and you just want to see what we will do? Is that correct?" They ask in response

"...I see..."

Diina says, closely observing the pen which was in her pocket, an item which apparently has the power to travel across worlds now.

"Ah, that's a good question!"

Izanagi nodded at the maker. "So those breakers of yours have a couple other neat effects as well. They can store any items you acquire along your journey, so you don't have to worry about carrying things around. Plus, they're basically an encyclopedia as well. They can scan anything in the multiverse and tell you whatever you feel like knowing. And one last thing; some universes are pretty hostile to people like yourselves, so your physiology's been altered by having them on your person, just to make sure you can function in other worlds without breaking down."

Once more, he clapped his hands together, and when he pulled them apart, a spark of rainbow energy could be viewed within his hands. "So, who's ready to get some superpowers and go world-hopping!"

"I'd really love to go to one of those places. In particular any one of those I can learn genuine magic from."

The Apocrypha looks at it's Breaker, a crimson eye-shaped gem the side of a half a palm, then turning towards the entity.

"What are you going to do through all of this ?"

He asks Izanagi.

Last edited:
Slowly, a 7 foot tall human would get up, holding his head, first thing one would be able to notice is his yellow hair and green eyes. Those would stand out quite a lot... "...What is this place?" He would ask, as he took a look around.

"..."

The maker looks at the item within his hand, and then speaks to it...

"Hellsing...."

Oh.... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

So much information, so much magic to discover and defile, so many interesting people and weapons and alchemy and materials and holy mother of God this is amazing! I'll... I'll!

ZDM takes a deep breath at the events he's experienced.

"I see."

He turns to Frank.

"Definetly not more than i know now. I will see all of you in a bit."

Taking hold of his Breaker, a knife with some things inscribed on it, and says "Gaia.".

The bowels of space-time open themselves to ZDM, uncountable timelines open themselves to him as he makes his way to his destination, truly this must be the best day ever. Nothing compares.

Alexander seems to be looking intently at the watch on his wrist, staring down at his outstretched left arm. His smirk having finally shifted to a look of concentration, lost in his own thoughts. Before finally he moves his hand back into his pocket and the smirk returns to his face.

"Well, I have no complaints. I don't see any negatives in this deal on my side so I'll gladly accept." He says with confidence.

Frank whispers a question to his breaker, just to test it out. "How affected by occult influence are these worlds?". He receives an answer. He doesn't like it.

By this point his amiable expression has turned into a visage dominated by a furrowed brow and a dead eyed stare at the person in front of him. He appears to be slumping.

"So, what's answering my questions" he begins to ask before pausing briefly, as if hesitating. ""hen I speak into the cross apparently called a 'breaker'?"

Last edited:
Kageyama would look at the pin on his pocket. Staring at it... Hm, this item. What was it exactly? All he could do is guess from the fact that people were dissappearing and talking to their own, that it was some kind of device... that could bring him to places.

...Of course, he wasn't concious during a majority of what happened, so all he could do is guess.

"Ah, nothing in particular. This is mostly for fun-" Izanagi begins answering the Apocrypha, but is cut off by other people. "Wh- wait wait wait, hold on you weren't supposed to leave yet!"

Izanagi looks vaguely panicked as they leave, but then sighs. "And they're gone. Welp. Most of the worlds have magic to some degree, I think, pretty occult all around. The breakers themselves are imbued with a fragment of my power, so they'll use that to give you the answers you need. Speaking of, Here, take these powers in any case. Better do it now before that guy explodes from too much mana in his system."

The god waves his hand, and the rainbow light shines across all of creation, empowering each of the summoned with a class of their own, and two unique abilities. In Kageyama's case, he's given a recording of the last couple minutes, projected directly into his mind. "Alright, now seriously, get out! I've got god things to do."

He snaps his fingers, and the summoned are all sent hurtling through time and space, ending up crashing in the middle of a lush forest.

Location: Central Park, New York City, Prime Earth Variant, Year 2021

As for those who have already arrived in other universes:

MacConnel finds himself in the middle of new york city, though a different one than the one he's familiar to. A large tower with a glowing "A" on it stands tall above the other buildings in the distance. His breaker displays the words Location: Manhattan, New York City, Earth-199999, Year 2015

The Maker arrives in the middle of a european metropolis, which is currently being actively burned down. Dead bodies are everywhere, and a legion of blimps are patrolling the skies. His own breaker displays Location: London, England, Earth-Hellsing, Year 1997

"I'm really interested here, i may be able to find It" He would wait for a while however, rashness can easily lead to one's death so he would wait and choose which world he would go to after a good chunk of the others go elsewhere

"... Ah... I see this world is already doing it's fair share... Well, I will still need to borrow some help, if you do not mind..."

The Maker uses his power to speak to the rampant dead in this place, rallying their pyreflies to his location, and once they arrive, he begins molding them for his own purposes...

Frank picks himself up. He retains his severe yet fatigued look, though he appears to have picked himself up: straightening his shoulders as he lifts his breaker in front of him. "He could be lying, but it would be ill founded to say he's not" he mutters to himself, shortly after sighing.

"So the cross doesn't act as a medium between me and the truth. It provides the truth itself" he speaks resoundingly and coherently. "...Discworld" he declares to his breaker.

Alexander proceeds the smooth out his green suit and straightens his black tie.

"Well, that could have been smoother. Hopefully, this isn't a sign of future events. Well regardless, I'm off. Perhaps we will see each other soon or perhaps it will take a while for our paths to cross again. Regardless, I wish you luck and goodbye. Kalos." And he disappears to another world entirely.

"Sorry I wasn't specific, magic breaker book."
"Ahem. Tibet, near the Ancient One's Sanctum."
He hoped to learn from the best, maybe even learn how to fight and protect himself better.

Kageyama would nod at the recording, taking it in. Before taking in a brief look at the surrounding New York... as he took a deep breath, feeling the new powers surging through him. "I used to be a fan of this certain Anime... So let me attempt a little something" He would grab his Breaker and say into it "Universe 7, Earth." Before teleporting.

"Asshat."

The Apocrypha grunts as it gets back up from the ground, pulling back our his Breaker and looking at the options avaible, then deciding on one in specific and activating the relic to transfer himself to the choosen universe.

"The Basement."

Not really paying attention to the second shift in locale, the I-aught manifests a portal to "The Egg", stepping through and closing it behind him. However, his new powers seem to hit him in the interim, inflicting him with a great newfound hunger, both physically and metaphorically. By the time he is in the target realm, a few meters outside of the entrance to a large cave, he is on his knees, gripping his stomach, newfound knowledge of his natural capabilities rushing into his mind.

After a moment, he recovers and looks around. Aside from the cave itself, he is under the shadow of a massive, thick tree, and nearby there are stone pillars with strange symbols carved into them that glow with faux heat as he nears them, the glow fading as he backs away. Turning to the cave, he finds four floating images and three floating devices, vaguely similar in appearance to his Boundary Breaker but with different sizes, shapes, and coloration, usually looking much more complicated.

Walking into the mouth of the cave, the I-aught uses the device to discern what these images are, and receives information in response. They are blessings from "The Gods", especially the one sitting above the other three, and their effects are all... interesting, if somewhat strange, such as with the one that turns his blood into slime or causes him to release friendly giant rats when harmed. He touches the images, and they disappear into him in a pattern of light, showing him their names: Divine Blessing, Revenge Rats, Slime Blood, and Pinpointer, which adds a small red laser to the tip of the devices to aid with aiming and a few minor aspects of their use.

Now approaching the three devices, he yet again queries his Boundary Breaker, stating that these are magical wands with varying statistical capabilities, spells, and properties contained within, and that thanks to his Divine Blessing he could actively manipulate the latter two. The first wand, a longer, green one, casts bolts of flames with... unusual trajectories at very wide firing angles that provoke miniature seismic activity upon contact with a surface. The second, a somewhat shorter one with three prongs, is quite slow but fires several bolts of lightning at once, with one gaining power the more foes there are nearby. And the final, third wand is extremely short with another three prongs, faster than the prior one, that shoots large rocks.

Taking a look at the numerical statistics provided by his device, the I-aught alters the wands as he picks them up. While the third is unchanged for now, he takes the modifier and one lightning bolt from the second and puts them on the first, appearing as a ball of electrical charge in his hand. As for the spells in the first, he takes the seismic modifier and stashes it in his device, but simply leaves the rest floating just above the ground. This leaves him with a wand that fires a lightning bolt with scaling damage output, an almost definitely very useful weapon for whatever may await him in the cave as he descends further in...

Last edited:
"Let's see... I can go there." Diina says briefly, taking in her surroundings for single moment. Then she simply says "Code Geass, earth" to her pen.

Although she thought she looked a little foolish to some of the random humans around her, she also had confirmed that this method worked from the disappearance of the other summoned. Although, it was also possible they were being sent to hell, Diina is the type of scientist who takes such risks for the sake of discovery.

Back