• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto General Discussion Thread 2

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Continuation of the first.

Heard they got the new Genin Exams or something like that, is this true.

At any rate, it's obvious that in terms of skill and power, Kakashi is stronger than Shino. Shino might have a unique ability that makes fighting against him difficult, but it obviously isn't really notable in the context of the story.

Who here is angry about the Boruto Movie arc coming to the anime. ?! I am. I just want the damn story to take off already.

Then what the **** is Canon?! Like, is the anime going to be the excepted Continuity or what? Might as well just scrap the Manga altogether and have the manga writers and artists direct things. Like... ****.

well first the movie was canon, however they left out stuff from the novel, the the manga was canon and I think it might still be canon and now the movie will be overwritten by the anime and the anime will become canon (even though it always was).

AppleLord said:
It reminded me of Android 16 from Dragon Ball. Were those truth seeking balls he used?
Nah, someting that attracks Ninjutsu to them and absorbed it. Lol, if they can create man made Truth Seekers, lol.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Lmao. Something has to give way here. I can understand the movie, but can the events of the manga be retconned?
Bro wtf is canon for Boruto? Is it the same as DBS or even worse?

I personally thing we should just keep the anime as canon. The anime is retconning the mangas' Momoshiki arc (which itself is a retcon of the movie) by including both Toneri and the third Otsutsuki that Kishi wrote for the original draft of the movie but couldn't include in production. We do the same for dragonball super albeit the anime is ahead of the manga there.To keep things simple: The Naruto manga is canon, Naruto the Last (movie) is canon, and chapters that the Boruto anime have adapted are canon. I'm not sure where we stand with the novels but IMO blood prision and Raiga should be canon since they were included in the manga, that's my stance anyway.

Edit: also depending on views regarding the novels, the books that were adpated by the anime should be considered as well.

Anyone else think that mitsukis speed in sage transformation was an outlier? Like that wasn't even a real sm, and his speed wasn't anything special in base either. There's now way that his power went up that much by using a weak and incomplete senjutsu. Shouldn't orochimaru be bout 5 times faster than him in sage trans??

Cmon dude, now this is an outlier? Despite being clearly shown. Seriously? Aslo what does Orochimarus speed got to do with Mitsuki. It was literally said by Orochimaru that Mitsuki was made to surpass him.

Dude, an outlier can also be something that was clearly shown. Like when roshi blew up the moon, or when borutos rasengan damaged momshiki, but could beraly hurt a tree two days before.

Issue is nothing contradicts his speed at all. We have never seen him use this sage ability before now. How do we know what speed he is meant to be moving at.

@rocker. I agree. We can't compare to any of his other feats. But that's not MY problem. What I'm triyng to say is that his amp in power should have never ever been high enough to be fast enough to blitz orochimaru. Like, narutos speed in sm was how many times faster than his base speed? And a perfect sm> sage trans. That was stated in the show. (Imma try and explain it like this- sm made Naruto 25 times faster -not real btw- and since a sage trans is weaker than sm than the multiplier would be lower- let's say 10 to 15 times faster. That would have never made mitsukis faster than orochimaru no matter how much he tried in his current state. See what I mean?)

While, you might be right, you are forgetting 2 things.

1. Orochimaru made Mitsuki specifically to surpass him. As stated in the episode.

2. Orochimaru was clearly holding back in that episode and most likely never expected the Mitsuki`s speed to be that high.

Actually one more thing, like I already said we have never seen Mitsuki use Sage tranformation before so for all we know he could be faster than Orochimaru and as we have not seen it at any other time we can not come out and pull the outlier card so quickly. We also know that transformations are a multiplier that is never even mentioned how much you get multiplied by in any stats, only guessed buy the community using calculations that the author most likely did not even put into consideration. Meaning that for all we know the sage transformation multiplier could vary for different people, it does not have to be the same multiplier every single time.

Yes quite true. It DOES vary for different people (minatos sm was perfect cuz of chakra control, but it sucked anyways, and jiraya had more than 40 years with his sm but never perfect it, and etc). But if jugos sage trans (who was legit, the real deal) didn't have a multiplier higher than a sm, then neither would mitsukis sage trans have. It's pretty logical that way.

And where do you get that Mitsuki doesn't have Sage Mode? Mitsuki was not only designed to surpass Orochimaru in every way, but he also has Sage Mode+Sage Transformation, a state that is even different from Kabuto and that we know almost nothing about so far, so we don't know what else is powered Mitsuki.

From 3 things. Orochimaru himself, who said that he finally achieved his sage trans (go watch it again if u want), from narutos training to achieve sm, which implies sm NEEDS training to be achieved, something that mtitsuki didn't have since that was his first time using it, and third, he only has the signs of sage trans, and NO signs of actual sm. Why don't just go read the naruto wiki? They have two different pages for both sm and sage trans and whatnot. Oh, and why don't I just say this- does he look more like Naruto in sm or Kabuto in sage trans?

You would be right about the Jugo thing, if Mitsuki was a normal born human being with inherent sage transformation, but he is not and was created as a test tube baby by Orochimaru specifically to be stronger than him.

Ok, then let's say that his body is even better than jugos (in all aspects besides logical ones), and could absorb more natural energy, is naturally faster, and even more adaptive, do u still think that he could run at a speed that at least surprise orochimaru?? (Like, could ain arc sm Naruto blitz orochimaru? Cuz thats the best I can compare it too IN THIS CASE)

Lorenzo.r.3rd said:
From 3 things. Orochimaru himself, who said that he finally achieved his sage trans (go watch it again if u want), from narutos training to achieve sm, which implies sm NEEDS training to be achieved, something that mtitsuki didn't have since that was his first time using it, and third, he only has the signs of sage trans, and NO signs of actual sm. Why don't just go read the naruto wiki? They have two different pages for both sm and sage trans and whatnot. Oh, and why don't I just say this- does he look more like Naruto in sm or Kabuto in sage trans?

A ton of errors in your comment, it is even ironic that you advise to go read things in the Naruto wiki when not even what you say is correct lol.

First, Mitsuki has Sage Mode, confirmed by the authors of the Boruto manga in his profile of the first volume.

Second, what the hell does Naruto's training have to do with this? Mitsuki has the Sage Mode of the snakes, totally different from that of the toads. This is obtained through an infusion of Senjutsu chakra straight from Hakuja Sennin's fangs, you only need a resistant and adapted body to control that power (something that Orochimaru didn't have) and with what he could create Mitsuki in order to do it.

Third, to sustain it by the form of the state that Mitsuki obtains is irrelevant, since that state is different from any previously seen, different from the any Sage Mode and the Sage Transformation of Jugo, it has modifications that is a fact, but the appearance doesn't refute anything lol.

By a ton of errors u mean 1 right? Cuz I see that was wrong out the snake sage thing BUT mitsuki was not bit by it, so that doesn't apply to him either. One- when was it confirmed by the authors? Cuz both the wiki and orochimaru call sage transformation (and since there is only one solution left- jugos kkg- cuz the other two don't apply to him, that means that he isn't allll that different from what we previously knew). Second- since he isn't all that different like I said above, the only method left for him to achieve senjutsu is through jugos kkg, which exactly what Kabuto used ALONG with the snake sage's bite, which mitsuki doesnt have, so that makes ur point moot... And what does his training have to do with this (nartos btw)? See, if u are bitten by the snake sage u became a sage if u survive, but that makes u a SAGE, but not a user of sm. U need sm training to achieve that mode. That's why it's a mode and not a transformation. Narutos chakra cloak when possessed by kurama doesn't equal his kyubii chakra mode, since one changes his body physically, and kurama is the one in control, while the other swaps kuramas chakra for narutos and he uses as if it was his own while kurama keeps narutos chakra for himself. It's very different, but still in the same range or category if u will.

you do know that Orochimaru could have given him the snakes bite through his cell culturing right? And again you are ignoring 2 facts, Orochimaru was obvioously hplding back and was surprised at his speed and the fact that Orochimaru wants him to surpass him.

Edit: Wait, I just realized you are the guy who was causing trouble with Kakashi in the last thread, I really cant be bothered to continue having an arhument with someone who just looks for something to argue.

@Lorenzo.r.3rd

With a ton I mean that the whole approach to your comment was wrong, but you haven't even been able to grasp that you were wrong.

Friend, what do you think is the link of the first point I mention? There's the profile of Mitsuki where the authors include the Sage Mode among their jutsu, seriously even that has to be explained lol.

And you're still in the same thing. First of all, can you assure that Hakuja Sennin didn't bit Mitsuki? Second, why do you assume that is the only way he could get it? Orochimaru could easily synthesize or obtain a different way to obtain the Senjutsu chakra from the snakes and implant it in Mitsuki thanks to his investigations, making even his transformation different. Anyway, Mitsuki has Sage Mode and that's a certainty, not a string of hypotheses like you mentioned.

Wait Wait surviving the Hakuja Sennin chakra injection makes you a Sage who is not the same as Sage Mode? WTF! loool seriously hahaha? Friend, someone is considered Sage if and only if he has mastered the Sage Mode and the implementation of Senjutsu, that statement you said is nonsense. Man, it seems that you didn't understand that the training to obtain the Sage Mode of the snake is to support the injection of Hakuja Sennin's chakra, your idea is based on the training you saw done to Naruto but that is ridiculous because you are trying to equate two methods completely different.

Dariel Senju said:
@Lorenzo.r.3rd
With a ton I mean that the whole approach to your comment was wrong, but you haven't even been able to grasp that you were wrong.

Friend, what do you think is the link of the first point I mention? There's the profile of Mitsuki where the authors include the Sage Mode among their jutsu, seriously even that has to be explained lol.

And you're still in the same thing. First of all, can you assure that Hakuja Sennin didn't bit Mitsuki? Second, why do you assume that is the only way he could get it? Orochimaru could easily synthesize or obtain a different way to obtain the Senjutsu chakra from the snakes and implant it in Mitsuki thanks to his investigations, making even his transformation different. Anyway, Mitsuki has Sage Mode and that's a certainty, not a string of hypotheses like you mentioned.

Wait Wait surviving the Hakuja Sennin chakra injection makes you a Sage who is not the same as Sage Mode? WTF! loool seriously hahaha? Friend, someone is considered Sage if and only if he has mastered the Sage Mode and the implementation of Senjutsu, that statement you said is nonsense. Man, it seems that you didn't understand that the training to obtain the Sage Mode of the snake is to support the injection of Hakuja Sennin's chakra, your idea is based on the training you saw done to Naruto but that is ridiculous because you are trying to equate two methods completely different.
Well, can agree to orochimaru having injected him with something derived from the snake sage. That would make sense.... Now concerning the other stuff. Obito had senjutsu, sage trans, and wasnt even considered a sage by authors themselves. Do I really need to tell that authors ******* suck when explain shit bout their mangas and shit? The author of dragon thought that ssj3 was ssj2 for the longest time, and the author of bleach said that SS arc Ichigo was faster than lightning, but later on, in bankai, he could barely Dodge one of ichimarus attacks, whom he said we're only 500 times faster than sound. Get what I mean? And how can I assure that he wasn't bitten? I can't, but I have something close. Orochimaru stated that that was his first time seeing his sage trans, meaning that he never we're bitten by the snake sage, cuz if he were, he would've transformed right then and there.. oh, and yes, being a sage=/= sage mode user. Kurama is stated as a sage, but can't use sm, and so is son Goku (four tails). Oh, and the snake sage training goes like this, btw (I looked it up yesterday) u get bitten, and if u die he eats u, and if u dont but get transformed, he teaches it to u himself, meaning that just cuz one gets bitten, it doesn't make them a perfect sage mode user, much less a small user at all.

When the Orochimaru state that he had never seen the transformation, stop making shit up. And now you are derailing from the argument in the first place, this was about whether his speed was an outlier which, with nothing else to go off on saying that he has slower speed in Sage transformation will make no sense. So it is not an outlier.

Back