• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto Chapter 10 Revelations

For those who have not read the chapter, there are going to be spoilers in this thread, you have been warned.

So guys in the chapter we get some new stuff in addition to the recap, for one momoshiki can stop time aparently, and only those who have byakugan bloodine can see it, I think it's similair to the thing Toneri did with Hinata when she met his puppet, so possibly an Otsutsuki clan ability, next the prophecy he gives Boruto, It reads, "Pay heed, those blue eyes of yours will one day take everything from you," so major foreshadowing there, and is he not dead, Is this the reminese of his chakra, similair to what Obito did, and by the end, the big bang, Boruto has a diamon shaped seal in the plam of his hand, so that foreshadows the markings he has when he fights Kawaki, which I have no idea how he got, what are your thoughts on this crazy chapter, and what a way it was to wrap up the recap

But if Momoshiki can use time stop, why he dont use it in the fight against the Kages,Naruto and Sasuke or against Boruto???

I think more he use genjutsu, remember Hagoromo use smiliular jutsu.

@Bills1992: yeah that sounds fair but what do you think about the rest of the chapter's revelation

Reminds me of that scene of Light and L where they were talking and it was like time was stopped for them.

It looks like a localized timestop centered on spirit!Momo's location. Spirit!Momo seems to be something that can be seen by Sasuke's Rinnegan (evident in that he was staring at Boruto after the timestop), so it's probably related to Infinite Tsukoyomi somehow (like how iirc, it was Sasuke's Susanoo that was able to block out IT).

It was probably all just in Boruto's mind as, like I said, related to Tsukoyomi or a genjutsu on the consciousness (which allows it to be fast enough that everything else is at a standstill, like Itachi's Tsukoyomi on Kakashi, where the latter's conscious was tortured on a different flow of time).

Still, since Sasuke can see it somehow, that means he could react to it at some level, so he can see through genjutsu then? Can anyone confirm if Rinnegan (or Sharingan) can see through genjutsu?

Or that it is spatial freeze (or timestop), just that Sasuke, who was looking at Boruto's direction managed to see spirit!Momo's apparition before it completely disappeared. Regardless, it's probably not something combat-useable considering Momo only used it in his spirit form.

In addition to that, there's the square left on Boruto's hand, the talk about his blue eyes (that Sarada also noted to be bluer than Naruto's), and Hamura being referenced. This could be pointing to Tenseigan.

I think that it seems more likely that Momoshiki's spirit manipulated Boruto's mind in some manner. If he could conveniently stop time, he would have easily won against Naruto and Sasuke.

That's my primary theory at the moment. It probably works like how Itachi's Tsukoyomi did with Kakashi, in that the flow of time in reality and in the conscious is different. In this case, supersped enough that everything else is at a halt.

Question though, is either Sharingan or Rinnegan able to see through genjutsu?

@Gemmy Sharingan gives a user a very big advantage against Genjutsu users, Lol. It can pretty much look at Nano-Sized Particles having Chakra, so a chakra disturbance is easy to note with the Sharingan, which is what Genjutsu are.

The top 3 Genjutsu in the verse are due to the Sharingan/Sharinnegan. Examples would be Itachi casually breaking Kurenai's Genjutsu and putting her in one of his own, Chiyo explicitly warning T7 to not look into Itachi's eyes, Kakashi warning Gai-Kurenai-Asuma to not look into Itachi's eyes and to an extent, Kakashi against Zabuza.

@Ant I think the effect was more physical(Dont know how), since Sasuke could perceive it.

Well, if so, then that explains why Sasuke was looking at Boruto, it's something similar to Tsukoyomi. He may or may not have percieved spirit!Momo (he could've seen Momo's chakra around Boruto for example), but that he was able to see it at all is plenty enough.

That is unless, Rinnegan developed a new haxx resistance somehow.

Oh, and there's nothing very physical there except for Momo affectionately caressing Boruto and holding him gently by the wrists as he gave (I assume he did) the little black square to the kid. Anyways, that could be done in a genjutsu as well, as Itachi did by affectionately stabbing Kakashi while he was hung at a cross.

@Gemmy Kakashi was hospitalized due to being in a coma later(due to mental trauma), instead of actual physical stabbing. Unless Boruto has something implanted in his mind that enables him to see the mark or it is only his perception(Highly UNlikely), the Tsukuyomi point wouldn't really work.

The thing is, Sasuke clearly sensed that something was off, from (I assume) Boruto's perspective, which wouldn't really happen if Boruto was the one in the Genjutsu. He wouldn't be able to see outside parties not being affected by it.

And lmao, at "Affectionately" stabbing Kakashi.

Kakashi was comatosed due to mental trauma. Mental trauma of which he got from getting penetrated over and over again by Itachi's long hard thing. Regardless, the point of my comparison is the time difference between the conscious and reality.

Iirc, it was 72 hours of penetration in but a single second of Solo King Itachi staring soulfully at Kakashi's eye.

The same could case could be made for what happened with Boruto, only diff is that he can see the outside world.

Sasuke only noticed something was wrong with Boruto, be it being in pain from his hand getting burned out by Rasengan Spirit Bomb, getting lost in the moment, or getting visited by a ghost. We can't really say if it was truly in a timestop and Sasuke was conscious the whole time, or Boruto was in a Tsukoyomi-esque genjutsu and Sasuke seemed to have noticed from the outside.

@Gemmy, Yea, but the entire scene that happened was all in Kakashi's head. Tsukuyomi works in such a way that you feel all the Physical Pain, when there isn't any actual damage. Yes, Tsukuyomi does have the whole 72hours in a second thing. Itachi made Sasuke relive his family's death for 72 hours.

Not really, I don't think that you can Physically look at the world as it is, when trapped in a Genjutsu, other than something Like KotoAmatsukami.

I'm not sure if Sasuke noticed something wrong with Boruto or if he noticed something happening with Boruto, there's a thin line in between those two. If it was a Genjutsu, it has to be something huge, since Sasuke's Rinnesharingan pretty much should be the second strongest Doujutsu in the entire series, after Kaguya's(Excluding Hagoromo's/Hamura's).

It is better if we actually wait for future chapters, Lol. April 3rd is the next release, I believe.

@Gemmysaur: a tenseigan would be really cool, but still would not make sense considering the events of chapter 1

Its Implied that Sasuke witnessed the entire thing. It's definitely not Genjutsu. It happened in real time. Toneri didn't stop time either with Hinata, he simply kept her from going on while the othets went ahead, that's pretty obvious. If anything, its more similar to what happened to Hinata in the Tomb whete she met Hamura but unlike that, this again happened in real time and Sasuke is implied to habe percieved the entire thing.

Back