• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros [ACROBATICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
image0.jpg

I disagree:
It should be kept in mind that cases of moving along surfaces through sheer momentum or by damaging the walls should not be classified as this ability as they are both simply common consequences of Superhuman Speed and Superhuman strength respectively rather than being distinct powers on their own.

Yeah I tried to do this for Morgiana for the same thing (well something similar) but it didn't count D:

The walls are not damaged, as you can see in the scan
he didn’t appear to have any momentum buildup, as he goes from the scene of him kicking saitama through the previous pillar directly to this.

IMG_0559.png

this is the page directly before, he wasn’t running or anything before he began climbing the wall

The walls are not damaged, as you can see in the scan
he didn’t appear to have any momentum buildup, as he goes from the scene of him kicking saitama through the previous pillar directly to this.

IMG_0559.png

this is the page directly before, he wasn’t running or anything before he began climbing the wall
Disagree. That's just based on pure speed

We see a large impact from the crater where he kicked Saitama indicating that he propelled himself upwards.
The anime depiction makes it clear that he broke through that pillar and just proceeded to run up the next one without needing any upwards momentum.
But either way, he broke through the pillar, which is proven by the fact that the one he’s running up in the manga is undamaged.

It's Boros bro, he can demonstrably go from a standstill to like mach 10 morbillion or some shit. It's sheer momentum.
there's even a dash sfx
Well yes he’s dashing, but the dash began when he was already on the wall of another pillar
No matter how fast you are, you can’t just go from standing still on a wall to being able to run to the top without any momentum
it’s surface scaling

No matter how fast you are, you can’t just go from standing still on a wall to being able to run to the top without any momentum
You can tho, hell you don't even need to be that fast. Low mach should suffice.
And what do you mean? He dashed, manga even has a sfx indicating it meaning he hit the wall, kicked off it, and that's that. And it ain't like gravity is an issue given he's ya know, literally millions of times faster than 9.81mps^2, so it ain't like he would've started falling before doing literally anything.

You can tho, hell you don't even need to be that fast. Low mach should suffice.
And what do you mean? He dashed, manga even has a sfx indicating it meaning he hit the wall, kicked off it, and that's that. And it ain't like gravity is an issue given he's ya know, literally millions of times faster than 9.81mps^2, so it ain't like he would've started falling before doing literally anything.
If you’re admitting that he can run on the wall using the wall and nothing but the wall….then why wouldn’t surface scaling apply to him?

There was quite literally nothing for him to gain momentum or climb off of except the wall itself.
Yeah, he used the wall itself to gain momentum, dude dashed off it because he's like 1000000x faster than gravity so he had enough time to just kick off it.
And? That's still using speed/strength to scale something. It could be the floor, the wall, it doesn't matter, he's just so fast/strong, he can go up shit at a 90 degree angle.

The crater?
Which was in the previous pillar, the one he already broke.
Yeah, he used the wall itself to gain momentum.
And? That's still using speed/strength to scale something. It could be the floor, the wall, it doesn't matter, he's just so fast/strong, he can go up shit at a 90 degree angle.
If he can use the wall to climb up the wall then he’s literally scaling the surface.
You are saying you can put Boros on a wall, he can climb this wall, go up and down however much he wants, but he doesn’t have surface scaling?

not withstanding he already had enough momentum to ******* smash saitama through like tier 6 pillars.
f he can use the wall to climb up the wall then he’s literally scaling the surface.
You are saying you can put Boros on a wall, he can climb this wall, go up and down however much he wants, but he doesn’t have surface scaling?
Is it done through momentum/strength? Yes? Ok then it's a strength/speed feat, not via a special ability that enables him to scale surfaces like Spiderman or whatever. This would be like giving Neo from the Matrix or Mario surface scaling because they're fast enough to run up/along walls.

No offense but you're kinda being annoying now, you understand how he did it, you know we don't give it for that (as it says on the page itself), if you don't like it make a CRT to change the page itself, because we ain't giving it to him based off current standards.

not withstanding he already had enough momentum to ******* smash saitama through like tier 6 pillars.
I mean it was directly going sideways, that's like saying falling from the top of a building would give you enough horizontal speed to run like 50 times as fast. He had no vertical momentum is the point.
No offense but you're kinda being annoying now, you understand how he did it, you know we don't give it for that (as it says on the page itself), if you don't like it make a CRT to change the page itself, because we ain't giving it to him based off current standards.
Surface Scaling is the ability to move along walls, ceilings and similar surfaces without the risk of falling from gravity. This could involve a variety of different methods ranging from creating attraction between a part of one’s body and the surface to making use of spiked footwork. What’s important is that the user be granted a free range of motion across all conventional walls and ceilings without needing to significantly alter the wall or ceiling itself or rely on specific features present on them that wouldn’t be found in smooth surfaces.

I am saying that it was not done through strength or speed, it was literally just him running on the wall with no momentum or anything.
He did not break the wall, and he did not get a running start up a ramp to the wall or anything, he literally landed directly on the wall and was able to run upwards using the wall's surface. That's just surface scaling 101.

on another note, could we just say that boros has acrobatics instead?
Acrobatics is defined as the technique of performing maneuvers of balance, dexterity, agility, and coordination. In fiction, the levels of acrobatics can vary between simply performing extraordinary human movements to defiance of the laws of gravity and movement.
  • Self-Momentum: The character controls their own movements, being capable of accelerating and decelerating quickly with no issues, by physical means, such as pushing against a surface or grabbing an object mid-air, in order to change one's direction.
  • Surface Running: By stepping on any solid (or even liquid) surface and continuing to move, the user is capable of moving on walls, ceilings, and other irregular surfaces. Unlike Surface Scaling, a user needs to keep their speed in order to keep moving across the surface, falling back once they lose momentum.
at the very least, this should be very obvious, right?

mean it was directly going sideways, that's like saying falling from the top of a building would give you enough horizontal speed to run like 50 times as fast. He had no vertical momentum is the point.
No, but it'd be like saying a rel/tier 6 kick has a fuckton of momentum behind it and if the dude changed his trajectory with a dash or something, well, who knows.
I am saying that it was not done through strength or speed, it was literally just him running on the wall with no momentum or anything.
And you just contradicted yourself. Let's downgrade Boros to Below Human speed because apparently him running doesn't have momentum behind it.
Also I want Boros to have in his weakness the fact he needs ample time to accelerate to any notable speed.
He did not break the wall, and he did not get a running start up a ramp to the wall or anything, he literally landed directly on the wall and was able to run upwards using the wall's surface. That's just surface scaling 101.
The fact you still don't get it is a you issue. I can't explain it any further beyond just no.

Let me put it this way, if scaling surfaces via strength and speed was applicable, do you really think I wouldn't have given Dio or King Crimson that shit eons ago?
The fact I haven't done what would be a free addition?
dio-dio-climbing.gif

We don't give it for strength/speed. Boros being a Rel/Tier 6 who slammed into a pillar, and then dashed off it, changing his momentum upward and proceeding to repeatedly kick off it upward as evidenced by the very panel itself, untill they hit the outer ship, which they did with so much force/momentum, they ripped a hole through it.

We don't give it for strength/speed. Boros being a Rel/Tier 6 who slammed into a pillar, and then dashed off it, changing his momentum upward and proceeding to repeatedly kick off it upward as evidenced by the very panel itself, untill they hit the outer ship, which they did with so much force/momentum, they ripped a hole through it.
he slammed through the first pillar, the one he dashed off of was a different one that he didn't climb via breaking it

on another note, could we just say that boros has acrobatics instead?
Acrobatics is defined as the technique of performing maneuvers of balance, dexterity, agility, and coordination. In fiction, the levels of acrobatics can vary between simply performing extraordinary human movements to defiance of the laws of gravity and movement.
  • Self-Momentum: The character controls their own movements, being capable of accelerating and decelerating quickly with no issues, by physical means, such as pushing against a surface or grabbing an object mid-air, in order to change one's direction.
  • Surface Running: By stepping on any solid (or even liquid) surface and continuing to move, the user is capable of moving on walls, ceilings, and other irregular surfaces. Unlike Surface Scaling, a user needs to keep their speed in order to keep moving across the surface, falling back once they lose momentum.
at the very least, this should be very obvious, right?
No because you're arguing it's surface scaling, it can't be both, and given you are now continuing to argue it.
he slammed through the first pillar, the one he dashed off of was a different one that he didn't climb via breaking it
Yeah, I know, you only said that 4 times, which tbh, I thought it would've been more ngl.
Let me put it this way, the fact he dashed off it at all, (and then again like 12 more times) completely invalidates this CRT.

No because you're arguing it's surface scaling, it can't be both, and given you are now continuing to argue it.
I was very clearly suggesting that it could be acrobatics instead of surface scaling, that much is clear when you read what I posted.

And yet you're continuing to argue it's surface scaling 🗿

And yet you're continuing to argue it's surface scaling 🗿
I didn't feel the need to have to spell this out but I guess I'm just gonna make this more clear
if you disagree that it is surface scaling, then we can toss surface scaling and go with acrobatics instead
simple enough, right?

Why are you asking me, it's your CRT, but if you're gonna run with Acrobatics, you kinda have to toss the Surface Scaling bullshit because you can't have both.
In which case, you probably should make a new thread or edit OP reflecting the change in the proposal.

there's plenty of examples
the wall running, the high hypersonic combat scan, the jump he does in MB, the everything basically
boros acrobatics do be going hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back