• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros and Garou Downgrade.(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creating a new thread for the sole purpose of addressing a point made against you is just disorganized and inconvenient. It can be more than discussed here.

Point remains that Garou survived the attack in the first place. He outright tanked attacks from Saitama that should be more powerful than moon jump.

And as Matt said the ship should likely still have High 6-A dura.

The ratings for those two are fine. And we should adjust the ship's profile if it's agreed to scale.

@Mat

That doesnt work in that case i guess,since Saitama jumped off of the moon mightly using the power of of his legs and lended on Earth freely with sub-rel speed.

@Ruy

Why not to create the new thread about Garou's durability,i think it makes sence.Hte justification flr Boros's ST was that he can damage his ship,but his ship is obviously not high6-A in dura,now you clsim that Garou can tank Saitama's punches,then open a new thread with new OP,this thread isn't about Garou,so people may be counfused.Just create another thread,if people agree with you,you can upgtade them to 5-B,but if not,there is no way to rate them higher than low6-B.

Boros's ship isn't high6-A in durability,it is obvious,Saitama's lending isn't high6-A,it was just a human body lending on the ship with sub rel speed.

I'm going to go address Dzhindzholia's points that he made against me last thread and most recent in this one.

"They were scaled from Saitamas lending,wich is not high6A"

There's two sides to this argument.

One they are scaled from the ship being able to withstand Saitama's landing. Multiple calc members from here and OBD have said that physics would dictate that the landing would be no weaker.

Two they are scaled from the power of the jump itself. Saitama went somewhat serious and put much more of his true strength into fighting Boros and Garou. Saitama's serious, deliberate attacks are obviously more powerful than the accidental collateral damage brought from him not going serious doing something that's not even an attack.

Therefore even if we're going to say the ship's dura isn't High 6-A, Boros and Garou still scale to such.

"that is why Ruy brought "Garou can tank Saitama's punches"

"Garou can tank Saitama's punches".

"since he claims that garou can tank saitama's punches."

Garou can tank regular punches from Saitama who is going serious. Which these deliberate, serious hits would obviously be stronger than nonserious accidental, collateral damage from not even actually attacking.

Dienomite and ByAsura have repeatedly shown you all the scans of this.

"Ruy states that Garou can tank serious punches from Saitama,while he can not obviously."

I never said this. In fact this is something I explicitly said wasn't the case multiple times before you made this claim.

Now Garou can't tank Serious Headbutt, but he can survive it. Something that'd be utterly impossible were he many thousands of times weaker than the attack. Even if the attack had "just hit his arm".

"The ship's dura is just High 6-C because Tatsumaki damaged it."

Tatsumaki only damages the turrets used to shoot out the bullets. Not the entire ship itself, like Boros and Saitama did. Also in later shots the turrets don't even look like they took that much visible damage.

Again, even if the ship's dura isn't High 6-A. Boros and Garou still scale to High 6-A for the reasons I stated above.

"Saitama's landing isn't High 6-A because Saitama would've destroyed the city/country if landing on it."

Area of Effect, something you were more than happy to bring up in order to support other points of yours throughout the threads.

Again, even if the ship's dura isn't High 6-A. Boros and Garou still scale to High 6-A for the reasons I stated above.

So no. No one is denying your points for 0 reason like you claim. There is no corruption on the staff's part. Nor is there reason to make a new thread, since everyone already agrees with this.

Of course you are more than free to think otherwise, I'll respect that opinion and there is no hard feelings.

@Ruy

"One they are scaled from the ship being able to withstand Saitama's landing. Multiple calc members from here and OBD have said that physics would dictate that the landing would be no weaker."

Saitama used the force of his legs to jump off of the moon,but the lending was just a human body moving at sub rel speed.Ask calc members about that feat if you wish.

I don't agree with you in many things,i have no intention of arguing anymore,you can correct profiles on your own if you want.

"Now Garou can't tank Serious Headbutt, but he can survive it. Something that'd be utterly impossible were he many thousands of times weaker than the attack. Even if the attack had "just hit his arm."

It is like saying,Sasuke can vaporize a human with his sword.That is an area of the effect.Garou survived only via regen.

"Saitama used the force of his legs to jump off of the moon,but the lending was just a human body moving at sub rel speed.Ask calc members about that feat if you wish."

You'd have to take it to the calc members who insist that there's no reason he'd get millions of times weaker when landing.

But even if this point is countered "Again, even if the ship's dura isn't High 6-A. Boros and Garou still scale to High 6-A for the reasons I stated above."

"It is like saying,Sasuke can vaporize a human with his sword.That is an area of the effect.Garou survived only via regen."

If Sasuke's attack was many thousands of times stronger than a person, it'd at the very least kill them. And again, anyone who is far weaker than Saitama's punch has their entire body explode. So even within the logic of this verse in particular, Garou should've died if he was that much weaker.

Garou wouldn't have died without regen. He just wouldn't have a second arm without regen.

Also once again, you only care about the concept of "area of effect" in order to dowgrade these characters. You don't use this idea when you insist Saitama's landing can't be High 6-A cause it'd destroy the city/country.

But even discarding Serious Headbutt, Garou still outright tanked attacks from Saitama which were stronger than moon jump.

"I don't agree with you in many things,i have no intention of arguing anymore,you can correct profiles on your own if you want."

Sure. I'll drop it too then if you wish (at least after addressing your final points so I don't seem like I'm ignoring them)

Now since all the other staff members and even the calcers on OBD agree with the ship's dura being High 6-A, and we already rate Boros as such which we agreed to keep, I updated the ship's profile.

Time to close the thread and move on. I agree with Ryu and the rest of the staff.

I want to ask if Garou would be still planet level?

@Therefir Since he scales to Boros and survived Serious hit (the same hit which cancelled out the "possibly Planet level" attack) yes he would be "possibly Planet level".

My entire point in these 2 threads is that Boros and Garou cannot be lowballed below Multi-Continent level. Their bare minimum is that. However the Planet level end is still valid too.

Then Boros should have planet level in striking strength too.

Done. If there's an issue with this people can respond to the thread or message me. I know that he used to have that striking strength and threads assumed so.

Planet lvl Boros in ST?So,you just make his most powerful attack that requires all his energy equal to his physicall strikes?

Sorry, but that is pure wank.

Except that Boros already very weakened upon giving this attack, and can fight against Garou, who again can survive the Serious Punch. As well as Boros being confident he'd survive the planet's destruction and was only eventually killed by the combined force of his own attack and Serious Punch while all his energy was out. But if all the others don't want to rate him as such I'm fine with that.

I mean,Star Cannon is baseline planet lvl attack that requiers all of his energy.What is the point in Star Cannon if he is already 5-B in ST?I believe that Garou is stronger than Boros in h2h.Also,what is the head cannon?Murata or One?Will Murata's Garou replace One's?

Well it makes sense that Boros's striking strength is 1 petaton and while his strongest attack is 500 petatons, and since Boros is only planet level with his strongest attack, it makes no sense to scale Garou from Stat Cannon.

It required all of his weakened and worn out energy.

Because Star Cannon is his strongest attack. That doesn't mean Star Cannon is hundreds of thousands of times stronger than all his other attacks. Especially not a drained, nerfed version of Star Cannon.

Perhaps stronger, but according to ONE, Boros and them are comparable to each other. And Boros would be able to somewhat hold his own against and combat against Garou, who can survive the same Serious hit.

If everyone else wants to keep both their Striking Strength at just High 6-A then fine.

If they can literally destroy the planet with their punches, they should be God level threat, right?

Also, where is stated that Boros's Star Canon was weakened?

@Therefir They wouldn't have to be anywhere close to planetbusting to be God Level. All they have to do is threaten to wipe out all of humanity. Boros and Garou are classified as "Dragon+". Which makes no sense since they threaten humanity, but either way it proves nothing against their ratings.

Saitama was not only giving Boros a beating. But Boros stated how tired he was and the immense drain Meteoric Burst had on his energy and life force. So Star Cannon was using a depleated energy source.

Therefir said:
Well it makes sense that Boros's striking strength is 1 petaton and while his strongest attack is 500 petatons, and since Boros is only planet level with his strongest attack, it makes no sense to scale Garou from Stat Cannon.
The fact that Star Cannon wouldn't kill Garou according to ONE and that he survived the same attack which negated Star Cannon isn't enough proof to scale Garou to Star Cannon?

Garou can hold up his own against and put up an extremely good fight with Boros according to ONE. How would that be the case if Boros had an attack he could one shot Garou with?

Either way Garou survived the attack that cancelled out Star Cannon. So not that it matters.

The problem I have with this is that we are using a databook that contradicts what Boros said, he specifically said that his attack would destroy the surface of the planet, while the databook says that his attack would destroy the planet, isn't that a contradiction?

No this is a completely different problem than any you were bringing up.

It was already decided multiple times that since every single source except the manga, with many of these sources being ones that Murata and ONE have worked on, all say Planet level.

So it's fair to at least put in a "possibly Planet level". Multi-Continental is still kept and Planet isn't even put as likely. Just possibly. Both ends are being acknowledged, with the Multi-Continental one being given greater consideration.

So?One never mencioned that Garou can survive SC.It is just your thoughts.

Still,you can not compare Boros's physicall strikes to Star Cannon.You just can't,SC is already baseline "possibly" Planet Lvl.

So Garou can hold his own and put up an extremely good fight against Boros, yet Boros can one shot him?

And again Garou literally survived the attack that cancelled out Star Cannon.

Boros should have those sources in his profile then, since that sources right now are just the anime and a databook by what I see.

@Thatoneguy78 We don't use the anime if it contradicts the manga, or Beefcake would be like 6-B.

Therefir said:
Boros should have those sources in his profile then, since that sources are just the anime and a databook by what I see.

@Thatoneguy78 We don't use the anime if it contradicts the manga, or Beefcake would be like 6-B.
I am just mentioning it

Anyways

1. There's the idea of Newton's Third Law regarding Boros's attack which DarkDragon touched on in the last thread.

2. Boros was confident he'd be able to survive his own attack and the resulting destruction even while extremely weakened (he was only killed by Serious Punch's combined clash with Boros's attack when he was again extremely weakened)

3. Garou survived the same attack which cancelled out Star Cannon.

4. Boros and Garou are directly stated able to combat each other and hold their own hand to hand.

All these things suggest that their Striking Strength and Durability is relatively on par with Star Cannon. And the fact that Star Cannon took all of Boros's at the time depleted energy doesn't go against that.

I'll leave it up to the rest of the staff and users to come to a majority consensus on what to decide. I am pretty tired of having to go through these last two threads and have other things I need to do. I'm fine with whichever.

Boros and Garou are at bare minimum High 6-A. That's what I care most about and what has been concluded. Scaling their Striking Strength to "possibly 5-B" I'm fine either way with. However it makes little sense that Garou and Boros can both survive Star Cannon, can harm each other with their attacks, yet we say that their attacks are over a million times weaker than Star Cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back