• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BOOSTed Gear Revision and Major Changes to Issei's (DxD) profile

Alright, this thread will be posted in tandem with the ability thread. The goal of this thread is to start revisions for the verse starting with Issei. I'll be revising speed via Boost Multipliers and Light feats, revising AP using the consistent Boost Multipliers and new calcs for old feats. Removing outdated information as well.
Current Issei Profile, New Sandbox (Blogs below back this up, if there are any changes or additions I should make, let me know.)
The Boost Multiplier Blog, Boosts currently aren't accepted as shown on Issei's profile due to inconsistencies but as I've shown in this blog, there are none.
Boosts fit the standard, having dozens of reliable statements, major importance, being consistently depicted in the series, and having no contradictions.
Light feats and general speed scaling.
DxD Light fits the standard, as they reflect off of non magic mirrors, are called natural light dozens of times, are said to be made of photons, are never interacted with by normal humans, and are only shown at different speeds via abilities that alter the phenomena of light itself (magic, which makes the natural into supernatural causing impossible phenomena like light moving beyond the SoL). And the amount of evidence for it far outweighs the evidence against it which is acceptable by VSBW's standards. "Should there be great evidence in favor of the light being real or lightspeed, comparably minor showing against it being real can be overruled."
Remember to read everything before commenting to get the full picture even if there's a lot to go through.
Note: I will halt on implementing this for a while. Even if this gets accepted, I'd like to create sandboxes for the rest of the cast using this as a basis and those sandboxes can't be made until this is accepted. Meaning that I'll wait until this is approved and every other character gets their own updates for one mass update to be implemented. Thanks for reading and please remember to keep the conversation peaceful and respectful. Also, feel free to tackle my points one at a time or point out any flaws.
🙏
(Votes will be counted based on an explicit Agree, Disagree, or Neutral)
Agree: CurrySenpai, TotalMasterInfinity
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
This needs a lot of collapsibles (and maybe scrollboxes for the images), as of now the point you're making and the evidence supporting it totally blend together and make something unreadable, collapsibles are as follows:

{| class="wikitable mw-collapsible mw-collapsed"
! title, preferably the chapter you're referencing
|-
|
Text
|}

This needs a lot of collapsibles (and maybe scrollboxes for the images), as of now the point you're making and the evidence supporting it totally blend together and make something unreadable, collapsibles are as follows:

{| class="wikitable mw-collapsible mw-collapsed"
! title, preferably the chapter you're referencing
|-
|
Text
|}
Sorry but could you show me an example from another page? I'm not the best with this kinda stuff.

Just copy the code I put down, copy-paste a quote into the "text" section and it'll work

While I'm here, I don't believe anything genuinely proves lightspeed?

All I'm seeing in the dedicated section to explaining it is a mirror with an ability to reflect "any" attack twice as strong (as demonstrated against a sword swing), images showing that light beams do look like light, and trying to explain away why lightning moves as fast as it

Beyond that it's a lot of stuff about subjective reality and the mention of calculations being a factor that can be overwhelmed and replaced with supernatural phenomenon, which doesn't exactly tell me that the light beam must be moving at lightspeed or faster.

In fact I believe I'm getting more information about Issei's desire to peer under a woman's clothes, which I'd like to officially note as a much more prominent and unpleasant detail

Just copy the code I put down, copy-paste a quote into the "text" section and it'll work
Working on this now.

All I'm seeing in the dedicated section to explaining it is a mirror with an ability to reflect "any" attack twice as strong (as demonstrated against a sword swing), images showing that light beams do look like light, and trying to explain away why lightning moves as fast as it

Beyond that it's a lot of stuff about subjective reality and the mention of calculations being a factor that can be overwhelmed and replaced with supernatural phenomenon, which doesn't exactly tell me that the light beam must be moving at lightspeed or faster.

In fact I believe I'm getting more information about Issei's desire to peer under a woman's clothes, which I'd like to officially note as a much more prominent and unpleasant detail
I'll cover this later.

One of the examples I've shown of Rossweisse's Light Magic being reflected by Crocell's magic is already accepted on this site as being real light, which moves at the speed of light. All light depicted originates from the same technique (Light Magic) which originates from being a recreation of natural light. There is no reason to assume that one person's use of the technique would be any different unless explicitly depicted as such. And like I've shown earlier, it fits many of the requirements without having major contradictions.
Yes, just one example, Mirror Alice and Crocell's Golden mirror are two different things. It was just to show that there is a precedent of Magic Light reflecting off of mirrors and similar surfaces. And it wasn't the sword swing that was reflected but the Holy Power within Durandal, which is light.
Regardless of whether it is subjective reality or not, it doesn't change that it is a recreation of what the user imagines (light), and requires extensive knowledge on both mathematics and the working of the recreated object. Obviously implying that the initial recreation needs to be exactly the same as what the user is attempting to recreate. And being called "natural phenomena" literally means that it's the same as that which is found in nature. And "supernatural" implies some superiority to "natural" which is supported Ajuka's description of being able to edit the statistics of the recreation when a magic circle is used.
If you'd like me to remove these particular examples, I'd be fine with doing so. I just wanted to leave everything on the table but if you are uncomfortable, I'd be more than happy to accommodate.

One of the examples I've shown of Rossweisse's Light Magic being reflected by Crocell's magic is already accepted on this site as being real light, which moves at the speed of light.
What's the point of this thread then, exactly? If light magic is already acknowledged as a thing, why are you trying to prove it's a thing, much less with examples that don't really support that?
It was just to show that there is a precedent of Magic Light reflecting off of mirrors and similar surfaces.
It doesn't.

What's the point of this thread then, exactly? If light magic is already acknowledged as a thing, why are you trying to prove it's a thing, much less with examples that don't really support that?
Well, VSBW currently differentiates between the Light Magic of different species, the light part of this thread is to prove that there's no reason to. I believe the examples that I've shown to support what I've been saying.
It doesn't.
Are you saying that light reflecting off of a mirror isn't light reflecting off of a mirror? That doesn't exactly make the most sense but I may be misunderstanding your point.
But what are your thought regarding the non-speed-related parts of this thread? I'd appreciate opinions.

Are you saying that light reflecting off of a mirror isn't light reflecting off of a mirror? That doesn't exactly make the most sense but I may be misunderstanding your point.
But what are your thought regarding the non-speed-related parts of this thread? I'd appreciate opinions.
It's just expressly stated to be general attack reflection with a special property of doubling it's power in the process, so it doesn't prove the light is reflectable
Well, VSBW currently differentiates between the Light Magic of different species, the light part of this thread is to prove that there's no reason to. I believe the examples that I've shown to support what I've been saying.
Alright

It's just expressly stated to be general attack reflection with a special property of doubling it's power in the process, so it doesn't prove the light is reflectable
Sure, but it is an example of reflection off of a "non magic" mirror, there is reasoning for the reflection unrelated to the properties of light, but it still fits the requirement.(I understand if you don't accept that tho, it's fine.) But the Crocell Example is undoubtedly enough proof.

Back