• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boba Fett vs Alex Mercer.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
Canon Boba Fett vs Endgame P1 Alex

Boba Fett has been hired by Blackwatch to take out Mercer by any means necessary, so they gave him all the Intel about him they could scrape together, however Alex is aware Fett is coming due to consuming a Soldier that was aware of Boba Fett, but not what he could do.

TLDR; Boba has Prior Knowledge and a few hours of Prep Time while Alex doesn't, but is aware Boba is hunting him down.

Speed Equalized.

Boba:1

Alex:

Incon:

Well Mercer has the AP edge physically, has Low-High regen, Absorption, and many other biological based abilities.

Boba Fett seems to be more skilled, can Vaporize targets with his bombs, and has access to a wide variety of weapons and techniques. He has the range advantage as well with his weapons, so I think he's more likely to deliver the finishing blow first.

So for now I'll go with Boba Fett.

Yeah, no on Boba being more skilled. Mercer gains all the memories of the people he absorbs and he's absorbed at least thousands of US Soldiers, police officers, and Blackwatch officers by the time the game ends. Furthermore, he deals with people like Boba on a semi regular basis and has plenty of ways to close the distance, ranging from disappearing into the crowd with shapeshifting (and I don't have any belief that anything Boba has could track him if he does so), gliding after him once he takes to the sky, or even just leaping right towards him. Boba, meanwhile, is going to be stuck on the ground once his jetpack is out of commission.

With no way of regaining range once that happens and simply incapable of match his opponents skill, Boba would get absorbed very quickly. That's assuming Mercer doesn't just gas him as soon as he gets in range.

Mercer with ease.

Mercer can absorb him via touch though, or scratch Boba even once with essentially any of Mercer's attacks (including his Devastators) and Boba would be screwed from the viral infection, which is caused when an Infected bites or scratches their victims in the Prototype lore. Though due to Boba's armour, scratching Boba with Mercer's attacks might be a problem, but Mercer only needs absorption for this fight anyways, and I'm pretty sure stealthy absorption (as in, absorb these targets before they're aware that he's there) is one of the main moves Mercer should do in Prototype 1. By the time Mercer conspicuously gets within range, it'll be too late for Boba to figure it out and retaliate.

Also, Alex Mercer FRA. I can't see why Mercer can't just psychologically screw Boba over with his Shapeshifting like he has done to many Blackwatch soldiers, whom also has prior knowledge over Mercer's shapeshifting abilities (and even equipment needed to detect him through his Shapeshifting such as the viral detectors), and how Mercer deceived them with his shapeshifting capabilities despite all of that anyways. And since I doubt Boba can even find or invent an equipment that detects through Mercer's shapeshifting (such as Blackwatch'a viral detectors) in a few hours, he would fare even worse than Blackwatch did... And Blackwatch is an organisation who literally spent 40 years to prepare and train themselves for an another outbreak after the Idaho Hope outbreak in Prototype 1, and yet they all got psychologically deceived by Mercer's Shapeshifting abilities in the end.

Back