• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
How would this interact with Kenbun, which is stated to be beyond the realms of the mind?
Source? Also so was Santa and she got affected by it (see the imgur album I posted).
How do we expect this to be able to touch Boa when she has Kenbu. and can petrify the hand from a distance?
Pochita was literally blitz levels faster than this thing and got caught when it used BFR. Even if she does avoid it Makima can immobilize her using mold and then try again.

Rayleigh.
Also so was Santa and she got affected by it (see the imgur album I posted).
Could you elaborate?
Pochita was literally blitz levels faster than this thing and got caught when it used BFR
Could you link Pochita getting caught?
Even if she does avoid it Makima can immobilize her using mold and then try again
Haki resists paralyzation via Magellan's devil fruit.

That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking how Santa is above things of the mind. Her being inside of her mental space only makes it seem as though she is confined within it.

That doesn't answer my question. I'm asking how Santa is above things of the mind. Her being inside of her mental space only makes it seem as though she is confined within it.
After eating a piece of the darkness flesh(one of the primordial devils) santa stated that mental attacks "won't work on her" and that using that kind of attack was like "trying to dye the ocean red with a single drop of blood"

The mold Devil power is organic manip
As is Magellan's paralysis.
After eating a piece of the darkness flesh(one of the primordial devils) santa stated that mental attacks "won't work on her" and that using that kind of attack was like "trying to dye the ocean red with a single drop of blood"
Having resistance to mind manipulation is not the same as being beyond it entirely.

As far as I'm aware Halloween and Conquest are not layered. Conquest wouldn't work on Boa due to Haki and Halloween most likely wouldn't come out given that this is Makima in character and she's never used it before.

Outside of that there's some misconception of Boa's love hax. Makima herself doesn't need to feel attracted towards her for her to petrify folk. If Makima feels any love, lust or adoration then she's getting turned to stone.

Outside of that there's some misconception of Boa's love hax. Makima herself doesn't need to feel attracted towards her for her to petrify folk. If Makima feels any love, lust or adoration then she's getting turned to stone.
Her profile doesn't say that tho
c2VyYmL.png

You literally cropped out most of it. She can effect cyborgs without any emotion whatsoever, she can effect Makima just fine.
Yes, I cropped out the "inanimate objects" part, because Makima isn't that? But here's the full description:
vFnpEIW.png

Her NA/T section also says the same thing,
j3VWlsC.png

That is not referring to any kind of resistance to information manipulation.
Could you link Pochita getting caught?
I literally already did but okay.
Haki resists paralyzation via Magellan's devil fruit.
It doesn't resist mold growing inside a person.
As is Magellan's paralysis.
Headcanon.
As far as I'm aware Halloween
Boa doesn't have any resistance to Information Manipulation iirc.
Having resistance to mind manipulation is not the same as being beyond it entirely.
Neither is haki. You are grossly misinterpreting that quote.
Halloween most likely wouldn't come out given that this is Makima in character and she's never used it before.
The only actual fights Makima has had after aquiring that ability was against Pochita and then "Denji" which were both very special encounters for her.

That is not referring to any kind of resistance to information manipulation.
Neither is haki. You are grossly misinterpreting that quote.
How am I misinterpreting Rayleigh's words? He quite literally said that beyond things of the mind such as the imagination (which is literally just you thinking), that's where Kenbun operates.
I literally already did but okay.
Is Denji not being held still?
Headcanon.
How so?

How am I misinterpreting Rayleigh's words? He quite literally said that beyond things of the mind such as the imagination (which is literally just you thinking), that's where Kenbun operates.
That doesn't mean Boa's mind isn't susceptible to hax, even if her kenbu is still operating her conciousness wouldn't be there.
Is Denji not being held still?
No.
That's not organic manipulation. By paralysis I meant that she couldn't move because her organs would be shutting down.

The only actual fights Makima has had after aquiring that ability was against Pochita and then "Denji" which were both very special encounters for her.
That's pretty much irrelevant to what she does in character. She's never used it in combat before, doesn't matter how many fights she's had.

Anyway Conquest gets resisted due to it not being layered. Halloween could work but again I vehemently disagree with her using that in character from what we've seen.

I also find it extremely doubtful that Hell BFR would work here as Haki grants resistance to spatial manipulation and BFR.

Hell BFR is based on spatial shit, forcing people to be transported to another dimension. Boa can stop this from happening with resistance to both of these aforementioned abilities.

That's pretty much irrelevant to what she does in character. She's never used it in combat before, doesn't matter how many fights she's had.

Anyway Conquest gets resisted due to it not being layered. Halloween could work but again I vehemently disagree with her using that in character from what we've seen.
I also find it extremely doubtful that Hell BFR would work here as Haki grants resistance to spatial manipulation and BFR.

Hell BFR is based on spatial shit, forcing people to be transported to another dimension. Boa can stop this from happening with resistance to both of these aforementioned abilities.
Both true🤔

I'm assuming that out right controlling her wont be an option now, Makima will just end up outlasting Boa due to her contract. She wont get petrified due to only ever showing attraction to Pochita/The Chainsaw Devil and not being able to see at all only remembering the scent of humans, once Boa resists her Mind control like she did with Pochita, will likely throw everything she's got at Boa that including Cosmo's Mind hax, Dollification and other Devil abilities she possess manually or through Public Saftey

The ability she likely deems more effective against Boa overtime which might be Cosmo's Mind Hax will likely be used to end the fight

Assuming boa does get transported to the mental dimension before using her love beam and precog (or if haki wouldn't resist it), she would still be able to sense and move her real body with observation haki
0659-012.png
0659-014.png

getting makima by surprise and petrifying her

I guess I’ll vote boa for the above reasons if the match is continued

I mean how exactly is Boa, winning.
By using aoe beam or touch via utilizing Observation haki and turning makima to stone, which will one shot and be a very quick that makima won’t have time to defend against

How exactly is makima winning?

Last edited:
Makima herself has precog and far higher perception/reaction speed, she can see what will happen and act accordingly first. Makima will be able to cause a fatal brain bleed via glaring before Boa can use Haki to protect herself.

(Also, the Hell Devil isn't space manip, it's teleportation/dimensional travel.)

Last edited:
Makima herself has precog and far higher perception/reaction speed, she can see what will happen and act accordingly firsr.
her precog is through someone else and boa's can be spammed (don't fully remember how the future devil works), obs Haki enabled a child to be able to react to lightning moving through gold so no, Boa has the faster perception/reaction speed still
Makima will be able to cause a fatal brain bleed via glaring before Boa can use Haki to protect herself.
Observation haki will sense danger subconsciously, making boa use haki so no

Last edited:
her precog is through someone else and boa's can be spammed (don't fully remember how the future devil works), obs Haki enabled a child to be able to react to lightning moving through gold so no, Boa has the faster perception/reaction speed still
Observation haki will sense danger subconsciously making boa use haki so no
Boa doesn't have higher reaction speed via obs Haki listed, so Makima still outspeeds.

The Future Devil works by overlapping the user's vision with that same sight several seconds into the true future. This is one of the abilities Makima actually uses during the events of the story, so it's very in-character.

Boa doesn't have higher reaction speed via obs Haki listed, so Makima still outspeeds.
because it's a Stat Amp to her reactions from haki, so no
The Future Devil works by overlapping the user's vision with that same sight several seconds into the true future. This is one of the abilities Makima actually uses during the events of the story, so it's very in-character.
Sure but I remember you having to give limbs or life span to see the future, and the activation has to be manually made... Her seeing the future when boa already shot an aoe love beam will do nothing to her but know she's going to turn to stone

Sure but I remember you having to give limbs or life span to see the future,
The only people who needed to do that were devil hunters the future devil wasn't interested in and that was only to make the contract not after it was made, makima never had to do that.
and the activation has to be manually made...
Makima starts fighting with the future devil power activated (like in the gun devil fight)
Her seeing the future when boa already shot an aoe love beam will do nothing to her but know she's going to turn to stone
Can't makima teleport to avoid the attack?

She has no reason to unless boa shoots a beam
She is fighting a opponent she doesn't know anything about and somehow can resist her mind control, she used the future devil power even when fighting the gun devil (and she was so much stronger than it that she one shotted it)
That's not instant
She only needed to telepathically say "call me'' and she appeared in hell, i'm pretty sure she can avoid boa power using it(especially with the future devil)

Last edited:
She is fighting a opponent she doesn't know anything about and somehow can resist her mind control, she used the future devil power even when fighting the gun devil (and she was so much stronger than it that she one shotted it)
if boa resisted her mind control than future devil isn't what she used first which means she'll turn to stone before using that devil
She only needed to think/say call me and she appeared in hell, i'm pretty sure she can avoid boa power using it(especially with the future devil)
She has to bring the devil, open the sipper and move inside it...

because it's a Stat Amp to her reactions from haki, so no
It's not listed on Boa's page or on the Haki page, so no.

Sure but I remember you having to give limbs or life span to see the future, and the activation has to be manually made... Her seeing the future when boa already shot an aoe love beam will do nothing to her but know she's going to turn to stone
The Future Sight is passive, and she doesn't need to give up anything as she's using Aki's antemortem Devil Contract.

Additionally, her page says her petrifying strikes only petrify the area they hit, and not the entire target, so she can't one-shot Makima that way.

She has to bring the devil, open the sipper and move inside it...
No. She telepathically tells Princi to call her, and Makima appears out of the zipper on Princi's body. She does not get in the zipper.

Back