• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did and it said that gap could be smaller or bigger immediately afterwards. I do want this match to not be a stomp but this feels like Kirito vs an Elder Scrolls Gaint and Coca-Cola Kid vs Thanos all over again.

7.5x is our official one-shot statement. Yes, it can change in fiction (basically we say that so we don't start applying arbitrary multipliers to shit).

Assuming a situation in which one character has humanoid physiology and is hit in the torso region, the assailant will normally be treated as needing an attack potency 7.5 times higher than their opponent's durability in order to one-shot them.
~ One-Shot​
This fits this perfectly. Both are humanoid. Both are of the same size.

This is in no means a stomp. It files under zero out of ten thousand reasons for a match to be a stomp. At worst, AP gap is 6.71x (which it isn't, since Friede is just unquantifiably above baseline).

A stomp is a scenario in which one character does not have a win condition. Gehrman has a win condition. It being unlikely is irrelevant. He just has to hit and outmaneuver her which he can reasonably do.

WeeklyBattles said:
Still an AP stomp
Mr. Bambu said:
A stomp is a scenario in which one character does not have a win condition. Gehrman has a win condition. It being unlikely is irrelevant. He just has to hit and outmaneuver her which he can reasonably do.

Actually I'm back to say, what is Gehrman's win condition? He has the skill and possibly intelligence advantage. But Friede has everything else by a gigantic margin. She has the durability to face tank any Gehrman throws at her, she has the lifting to proceed to rip Gehrman's weapon out of hand and drag him into the floor after his attack did jack, she then has the ap to casually beat him into the ground. If by some miracle Friede goes brain dead for a second and manages to die, she resurrects, and proceeds to nuke Gehrman off the map with a giant AoE he can't dodge. If another miracle let's him kill her again, she resurrects, again, and proceeds to nuke the entire arena repeatedly. So what is Gehrman's win condition? Friede balling up and a corner, because skill doesn't really matter when your opponent gets a chance to rip your arm off every time you attempt to hit them.

Hitting her? Arguably being more skilled? He absolutely can harm her, that part is flat out bull on the claims of Weekly. It isn't an AP stomp.

The difference between 6.3 and 7.5 is barely anything at all. She's doesn't need to instantly one punch him in order for him to not be able to do anything, how does his skill stop her from just running through his attack and decapating him. How does hitting her get past being instantly nuked after she resurrected multiple times. Whenever he hits her, Friede can just yank his weapon out of his hand and proceed to beat him to death with the flat side of it. Skills stops to matter when the opponent is barely bruised by your best attack, add Friede constantly resurrecting and nuking with attacks 60% of her attacks after the second resurrection; and you have a very dead Gehrman.

1. 6.13x. Also you assume Friede is literally the highest possible point in 4-C.

2. Being more skilled is an immensely underestimated thing no matter how much it is elaborated on in real life. Two guys of equal strength that work out two hours every day and are comparable in intelligence, speed, etc. One knows three martial arts well, the other takes a weekend class in kickboxing. Only one of them is going to win consistently. The same is true if the kickboxer is stronger. Being suitably skilled means a lot in a haxless match.

I don't care about this being determined a stomp or not (Being a one shot is only a possible factor in that direction) but the gap is 7.5 unless there are reasons to assume otherwise.

We debated it for two entire threads, basically everyone participated, and that's the standard now

Thank you for saying that. Hopefully we can move on from this now.

Maria never canonically fought a 4-C, at least not on her own.

We know she was superior to practically every other Hunter but really no other Hunter scales to 4-C save for Gehrman, and he's literally the only one superior to her. That, and the Mensis people who can use A Call Beyond, but Maria shows no such affinity for the art.

We know she was a part of the collective hunt of Kosm, buuut we don't know their tier since a fair amount of Old Ones scale to 5-A via Rom.

I mean if this really isn't a stomp, I'm still going to say this. I feel like Friede should be more skilled. Unless the Ashen One one shot her in canon, I feel like she should at least be somewhat comparable to him in skill (unless, once again, he stomped her). And he can fight people like he Abyss Watcher, who destroyed multiple kingdoms, and Aldrich, who has Gwyndolyn's skills and experiences. Even the Iron Golem can slaughter countless warriors over the years, and Friede should be superior to that. Gehrman's best skill feats is being the best hunter and being able to use every weapon in the Hunter's shop, but the Ashen One can use just as many weapons against opponents who have been around for thousands of years. Once again voting Friede for reasons above.

Also unrelated but I've been wanting to remake the Ashen One vs the Hunter, not only is it old, but the hunter also got downgraded.

I don't think that's how The Hunter won though, also I believe resurrection was restricted so I guess that would be an inconclusive at best since The Hunter's mind hax kills the Ashen One and the fight just repeatedly starts over and over.

The hunter can't control his mind hax, it either Frenzies the Ashen One, killing him, or the Ashen One resist (but he probably doesn't)

Ashen One 100% doesn't possess the capacity to resist The Hunter's mindhax since it scales to Old Ones mindhaxing the entire city of Yharnam plus past civilizations like Pthumeru. I dunno about the match, I'd be cool with remaking it since their AP changed wildly (I even said at the time of the upgrades it should be removed).

Also one-shotting isn't based around skill but rather AP (unless you're using some physical hax like Kenshiro).

The mindhax via bloodletter just kills you though.

I'd argue that the ashen onr ends up more skilled due to the whole soul absorbtion thing.

Yeah, I know. I'm saying it will kill them.

Could be.

I wasn't saying skill can one shot, also I was going to edit my comment, but I had to work. The Ashen One definitely doesn't resist mind hax, but since the bloodletter just kills him it doesn't really matter.

Yeah I know. I support Ashen One vs Hunter being redone since it's sorta no-good anymore.

No.

It isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back