• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bloodborne: Or, Shattering Former Tiering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Premise

Bloodborne has been a mess AP wise for quite some time. This CRT aims to completely remove current tiers (8-C and High 4-C) to replace them with those set below, based on a handful of blogs done by Poesis Element, ChaosTheory, and myself. Speed wise, the verse is fine, MHS+ for dodging anything from meteors to lightning.

Misconceptions
Bloodborne is High 4-C based on A Call Beyond.

No to both of these. A Call Beyond was accepted at the mid-end, at 4-C. Now, granted, that is a baseline version of the Call Beyond and some Great Ones (Ebrietas) show a unique capacity for the magic. But it isn't quantifiably superior. So A Call Beyond is 4-C. I've discussed this with Weekly, who confirmed that we accept the attack at 4-C. So, I asked what the scaling for High 4-C was.

Bloodborne is High 4-C for Amygdala creating the Nightmare Frontier, a sub-dimension with a sun.

This is wrong on several counts. One, Amygdala didn't create the Nightmare Frontier, it just resides there, much like several deceased Amygdalas are within the Hunter's Nightmare. Two, the dimension does not have a sun. In fact, it is unique in the fact that it is the only dimension in Bloodborne without any visible celestial bodies at all.

Bloodborne is High 4-C based on the Moon Presence, who transcends the verse.

Again, blatantly incorrect. The Moon Presence is, while considered stronger than other Great Ones, is not that superior. Oedon is the only arguable case for High 4-C as he does directly transcend the verse. However, we don't know how strong he is comparatively, just that he is utterly above them. We don't scale to Oedon as we never fight him and MP is never implied to be its equal.

Calculations

Bottom Tiers

Verdict: 8-A

Low Tiers

Verdict: 7-C

Mid Tiers
The dimension creation calc needs looking at, as it supports this tier.

Verdict: 5-A (albeit near-baseline)

High Tiers

Verdict: 4-C

God Tiers

• No calcs, but some beings are pretty far above A Call Beyond, or at least, in the form that the Hunter is able to manipulate. It is described as a weaker version, so this makes sense.
Verdict: At least 4-C, possibly higher (Oedon would be "likely far higher")

Tiering
So, how would these calculations affect the characters of the verse? Let's start. For reference, the Hunter fits into literally every tier at some point in the game.

Bottom Tiers
These characters would adopt an 8-A tiering. Note that a lot of these are placed here for lack of lore-based scaling options, notably late-found Chalice Dungeon bosses. Bloodletting Beast is a terribly difficult boss, but has no lore reason to be above this tier.

• Henriette: Uses the Kirkhammer at speeds approaching that of lightning
  • Retired Hunter Djura: Can fight an early game Hunter, superior to his pupil in the Hunter's Nightmare, who is directly comparable to the Blood Starved Beast it is protecting
  • Martyr Logarius: Vastly superior to Alfred, Hunter of Vilebloods
  • Shadow of Yharnam: Comparable to the Merciless Watchers and Keepers of the Old Lords as servants of the Pthumerians, can fight an early game Hunter
Low Tiers
7-C, scaling to Living Failures.

• Defector Antal: Can battle Darkbeast Paarl
Mid Tiers
These guys would get their current tiers replaced with 5-A (once the calculation is accepted/rejected). If rejected, we default to 5-B based on the supporting feat.

• Amygdala: As a Great One with some standing, should be comparable to Rom and Kosm.
  • Orphan of Kos: Created the Hunter's Nightmare, a sub-dimension containing a "possessed moon". Comparable to Rom.
  • Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower: Was one of the Hunters that hunted down and killed Kosm (Note: Brador attacking the Hunter after her, too, is considered outlier-ish, as she is the only such encounter on this level before him)
  • Celestial Emissary: Was a successfully created Great One, and should be comparable (although inferior) to Rom, can only be encountered some time after Rom
  • Eileen the Crow: Survived attacks from the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst, can battle the Hunter on equal ground sometime after Rom (Note: Eileen being encountered in early game is largely game mechanics, as she A. is not meant to be attacked, and B. does not die to Henryk without the Hunter's interference, meaning her potentially dying is entirely a result of gameplay balancing)
  • Bloody Crow of Cainhurst: Fodderized Eileen at this time, and is significantly stronger than the Hunter after defeating Rom
High Tiers
These guys are 4-C, and are the weaker ends of those that can use A Call Beyond. Keep in mind that people like Yurie, the Last Scholar can be fought before Rom, but this is the only showing of 4-C prior to fighting Ebrietas.

• Pthumerian Elder: Comparable to those capable of manipulating A Call Beyond, high-ranking Pthumerians should rank here
  • Pthumerian Descendant: Comparable to those capable of manipulating A Call Beyond, high-ranking Pthumerians should rank here
Top Tiers
These guys are At least 4-C due to being significantly stronger than the characters above.

• Moon Presence: Superior to Gehrman, should be superior to Ebrietas and Mergo to an unknown degree
God Tiers
At least 4-C, likely Higher.

• Formless Oedo: Transcends the reality of the verse to an unknown degree to the point where he abandoned his physical form, becoming a formless voice. Laughably superior to all other Great Ones to an unknown degree.
And I believe that's everybody. If I'm forgetting someone, let me know.

Post Script
Bloodborne is known for inconsistencies in regards to this site. For example, Paarl can feasibly be encountered at the same time as The One Reborn. However, lore takes precedence over this fact, and nothing in lore suggests Paarl should be comparable. Furthermore, every character is lowballed to a fair degree- Paarl is scaled to his lowest possible rating (i.e., 7-C). It is with this in mind that this CRT attempt is made, to give a reliable scaling so we don't have, say, Younger Madaras Twin being "At least 8-A, likely 7-C, possibly 5-A" for fighting one boss in each tier. In fact, probably best we leave him as Unknown.

Yes? Your point?

If you mean that being superior to nigh-baseline 4-Cs should make them High 4-C... I doubt that. We don't know how superior they are, just that they are.

Poiesis Element said:
I just thought, Alfred uses the Kirkhammer, so you might want to update his justification.
Good point.

Waiting for Ant to give the go-ahead, tbh, or at least an impartial party.

And... yeah, seems like it. I upload a lot of calcs, so it sort of functions like Danmaku. I just put out a lot and hope a few hit. Most get left behind lol.

Bump.

Could be, if they don't take notice. If you'd like to message them, feel free.

Alright. Cool. I'll post here if I need any pages unlocked, I can apply the new tiers myself and they will be done in a bit. Thank you.

Okay. No problem. I am going to bed soon though.

That's fine. If a page needs unlocked, whenever you have time unlock it and let me know, and I'll just edit it then.

Well, you can post a full list now if you wish.

I'm still going through the pages.

Go ahead to sleep. I have no qualms with waiting. It's a non-issue.

Bottom Tier edits are done. Moving on to Low Tiers.

Low Tier edits are done. Moving on to Mid Tiers.

Mid Tiers are done. Moving on to High Tiers.

All tiers have been revised.

A few characters should have resistances to mindhax but I'm happy this CRT is just done.

Finally. All that's left now is a clean up of the pages and the Hunter Profile to be updated. There were also some things missed (Cleric Beast hasn't been updated and Micolash, Iosefka and Henryk still need lifting strength changed)

Also, I plan on doing a revision thread on abilities, though that can wait till the weekend.

Also, I've just noticed this character exists. Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about it.

Oh. Yeah I missed Cleric Beast, my bad.

And yeah, I can go through and fix the stated pages, my apologies.

As for Edgar... well. He is a member of the Choir and encountered in late game. The only other characters with that designation is Yurie and Iosefka, both of whom should be 4-C IIRC, especially since the Augur literally just summons a 4-C being.

And yeah, just let me know when you make it. I'll be happy to help if I can.

Yes, I believe so. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back