• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bloodborne and temporal reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
TLDR I don't think it works that way

Currently, The Hunter (Bloodborne) has their resurrection classified as time manip, saying that it rewinds time to before their death. This comes from the comic. Now, I am not here to dispute whether or not the comic can be used at all or anything. Stuff from the comic is fine if its not contradictory imo. The issue is, this is contradictory to how the resurrection works in the gameplay.

When you die and respawn, the world is clearly not perfectly reset. Any consumables you used stay use, your bullets and blood vials deplete as normal, people you've talked to remember you perfectly well, unique enemies stay dead, bosses stay dead if you die immediately after killing them, doors stay opened, NPCs stay dead if you've killed them, your weapon's durability stays degraded, items you grabbed stay picked up, etc. If time was being rewound, none of this should remain constant. Therefore, the assertion by the comic contradicts the primary canon, and should be rejected in favor of what is actually shown.

As for some anticipated counterarguments:

• Regular enemies respawning can't be argued to support time manip. A lot of enemies don't respawn, which would suggest other reasons for the respawning regular enemies like there just being a lot of generic corrupted dudes in the area to take their place.
  • Bosses healing isn't a counterpoint either. The healing effects of the blood is not limited to the PC, hell the area is specifically famous for it. I see no reason why the boss that just killed your loaded up body can't just heal in the same way as anything else does.

This absolutely should be a thing, as we discussed before. Time manip makes no sense and comes from what could be described as secondary canon at best. I discussed it with some others as well and they agree. It has no place here. I'll contact some folks.

Yeah I guess I'm fine with this. I feel like the everlasting night could be brought up as an argument for some kinda time shinanigans though.

From what I remember things like the changes in the night and to the moon throughout the game are already used as justifications for character's ratings. One example I can think of would be Rom, who is credited for "keeping the paleblood moon at bay". Other than that I have nothing else to add, besides stating my agreement with the OP.

So should we give weekly a week (hah) or so? How does that sound?

Recently removed that since they're two different characters.

Is a week the standard time given to respond to revisions like this? I don't know if there is a set time limit on such things since I'm rarely involved with them, but regardless I suppose if there are users who are expected to object to the proposal someone should notify them.

EDIT: Guess we're just waiting for now then.

I don't think there is a "standard time" dor these things. Have had revisions end in 20 mins, and have also had revisions go on for 6 months. I notified weekly about this already so idk how long we should wait and literally only suggested a week due to his name.

So seeing another revision thread for Bloodborne, I may as well log on again to give my two cents, escpecially as Vindictive asked. Despite admittely liking the idea of the Hunter having this ability and being uncertain on whether or not the comics could be considered canon, I have to agree with the argument here. Time Manipulation should probably go. Also, if someone could remove the Hunter's Soul Manipulation from the Numbing Mist, that would be great, it was already agreed on that it should go.

Well, weekly said he wasn't planning on contesting this, so I'm just gonna apply it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back