• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach - Seireitei Size Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dizi hakkında bilgi sahibi olan biri, ruh toplumunun ölçeğini göstermeyen ve hiçbirinin cehennem kadar büyük olduğunu söyleyen ifadelere kıyasla hiç tutarlı olmayan rastgele panellerin, hatta birinin ikisi arasında açık mesafeler verdiğini nasıl kabul edebilir? kapıların. Utanç verici.
😓

Going through everything both statements and Visuals are not exactly Consistent at all.

but both Author Intent and statements do imply it to be much larger than what we see, in which case id say the statements are more consistent than the Visuals in what they are meant to represent narratively and are Probably more important.

The problem is that the statements themselves are also pretty Inconsistent.

Which means either we need to use the statement that holds the most weight, Find the Median between statements or entirely scrap everything because it's too Inconsistent to gauge.

Going through everything both statements and Visuals are not exactly Consistent at all.

but both Author Intent and statements do imply it to be much larger than what we see, in which case id say the statements are more consistent than the Visuals in what they are meant to represent narratively and are Probably more important.

The problem is that the statements themselves are also pretty Inconsistent.

Which means either we need to use the statement that holds the most weight, Find the Median between statements or entirely scrap everything because it's too Inconsistent to gauge.
The statements aren't inconsistent at all. All of them imply big besides 2 that can be quantified which are Yoruichi's statement which will have a random value depending on how fast you want to say they're going with breaks and etc but still massive. The other quantifiable one outright gives the distances between the two gates. Which Ovy stated in the 1st page both can be equal using certain speeds and etc. If anything the only one that really matters would be the move statement since a number is outright given.

To get the size from the movie, you'll only need to go at 11km/h, which is just double the average walking speed, for 16h a day.

Edit: or 7.5 km/h for 24h a day, if you want to go there (cause of almost everyone having massively superhuman stamina).

Scrapping everything seems most reasonable to me.

Let's say we had four points of data to work with; A, B and C from visuals and D from a statement.

A = 20 KM

B = 30 KM

C = 70 KM

D = 1000 KM

Just because A, B and C don't align perfectly with each other, doesn't make the D the most reasonable out of the lot. It should be treated just like any figure, not differently because it comes from a calculation based on a statement rather than a visual measurement based on the artwork. A, B and C being different doesn't mean all artwork from the entire series is invalid for this size.

By averages, D would be the clear outlier of the lot.

The statements aren't inconsistent at all. All of say big besides 2 that can be quantified which are Yoruichi's statement which will have a random value depending on how fast you want to say they're going with breaks and etc.

"All say big"? How big? Being big is meaningless unless it can actually be quantified. You don't get to claim consistency just because you think the statements imply that it is big.

Just to put it out there.
Just because all calcs involving statements are using lowest ends possible/different ends does not mean they're inconsistent.
You can make it so all statements are consistent 1-to-1. The reason why they may not be is because of different ends/in order to avoid calc stacking.

Most of the expressions are the calculations of the day, it takes 3 days, it takes 1 week, can you tell me how these expressions contradict with 600 ri

Damage none of your images matter because they're all different from one another. There are even images within the manga that would get Seireitei at about 1-2km using the palace Yhwach had in the middle of Seireitei.

Damage none of your images matter because they're all different from one another. There are even images within the manga that would get Seireitei at about 1-2km using the palace Yhwach had in the middle of Seireitei.

That's the nature of art. We might as well ban pixelscaling from the wiki if we accepted that as a good enough reason to dismiss every single visual.

The statements aren't inconsistent at all. All of them imply big besides 2 The other quantifiable one outright gives the distances between the two gates. Which Ovy stated in the 1st page both can be equal using certain speeds and etc. If anything the only one that really matters would be the move statement since a number is outright given.
I dont think you understand what i mean, I'm not arguing against them BEING BIG, I literally say that the series implies it to be much larger than we are shown. you can have a 1000 statements saying a mountain is big but if that big size changes every 1000 statements it would still be Inconsistent.

I have no problem with any of the Options I listed, Including the option that argues that we use the statement that holds the most weight.

phrases are not: 100 ri
200 ri
600 ri
statements like this: 1 week to go from door to door
It takes 3 days to go from one barracks to another, that is, we do not know what speed they are going for these 3 days and a week, and they literally do not contradict with 600 ri.

I dont think you understand what i mean, I'm not arguing against them BEING BIG, I literally say that the series implies it to be much larger than we are shown. you can have a 1000 statements saying a mountain is big but if that big size changes every 1000 statements it would still be Inconsistent.

I have no problem with any of the Options I listed, Including the option that argues that we use the statement that holds the most weight.
I know. I was explaining to you how there is 0 inconsistency between the statements suggesting it's massive and that the one with the most weight that is quantifiable is the one with the distances between the two gates. Which will match the Yoruichi statement depending on what value you use.

We are already doing that, by using Yoruichi's statement that takes the fewer assumptions between the statements and it also likely the middle ground (with the higher ones being like the movie one or the 600-2000 districts one).

We are already doing that, by using Yoruichi's statement that takes the fewer assumptions between the statements and it also likely the middle ground (with the higher ones being like the movie one or the 600-2000 districts one).
Then I dont have an Inherent Issue.
just count me as neutral.

Which leads us to the same conclusion previous discussions already had - to keep the current ratings.

From the "statements" argument, we've been given figures of 75 kilometers, 1018.6 kilometers and 2356.2 kilometers.

Going for a "statements-only approach" because they're so "consistent" does not look right at all.

An argument based on "There were mountains in one chapter of Bleach that should be inside the Seireitei" does not make a figure of 1018.6 kilometers more accurate.

An argument based on "1018.6 kilometers is the middle ground between extreme figures" does not work if you're purposefully excluding half of the values. A true average would take into account all of the measurements.

From the "statements" argument, we've been given figures of 75 kilometers, 1018.6 kilometers and 2356.2 kilometers.

Going for a "statements-only approach" because they're so "consistent" does not look right at all.

An argument based on "There were mountains in one chapter of Bleach that should be inside the Seireitei" does not make a figure of 1018.6 kilometers more accurate.

An argument based on "1018.6 kilometers is the middle ground between extreme figures" does not work if you're purposefully excluding half of the values. A true average would take into account all of the measurements.
Comes from measuring 75 km pixels

Annotation_2021-04-02_203153.png

Annotation_2021-04-02_203203.png

the novel sigurd mentioned
Please read the statement yourself. This is talking about the distance between a gate and squad 7 barracks lol...

Since we do not know exactly the speed they traveled for days, 2300 km can be deducted with the calculation based on the expressions of 1080 km. so I can verify 600 ri based on statements

Actually, the first chapter that says mountains are in Seireitei’s 13th barracks and not outside is during the Arrancar Invasion (chapter 230) Arc and another chapter during the Fullbring arc shows the same mountains again (in chapter 479) and later the light novel that is after chapter 686 mentions mountains again in the 7th barracks. Consistent, unlike the scans that don’t even show the “Rukongai” district outside of Seireitei something that exist in statements yet the authors didn’t draw it. The districts that weren’t drawn are mentioned in the final arc.

Last edited:
Actually, the first chapter that says mountains are in Seireitei’s 13th barracks and not outside is during the Arrancar Invasion (chapter 230) Arc and another chapter during the Fullbring arc shows the same mountains again. (479) and later the light novel that is after chapter 686 mentions mountains again in the 7th barracks. Consistent.
There are even more visuals showing those mountains not being inside the borders of the Seireitei. Wouldn't the higher number of showings be the more consistent out of all these?

Actually, the first chapter that says mountains are in Seireitei’s 13th barracks and not outside is during the Arrancar Invasion (chapter 230) Arc and another chapter during the Fullbring arc shows the same mountains again. (479) and later the light novel that is after chapter 686 mentions mountains again in the 7th barracks. Consistent.
Damage is hard to understand when there are mountains mentioned in both manga and novels🤷

There are even more visuals showing those mountains not being inside the borders of the Seireitei. Wouldn't the higher number of showings be the more consistent out of all these?
Those are different mountains. Far away from Rukongai. Didn’t you read the scan where is says that they are in “Seiretei”?

0230-001.png

0230-002.png

The outside of seiretei is called Rukongai.

Last edited:
Doesn't that what you say we want the images to be used and the images are not consistent, justifies us?

You say that the panels are inconsistent and you want to use the panels. Isn't that absurd?
What I'm saying is that I don't think we should be using just the Yoruichi statement to get a figure for the Seireitei's size.

All panels across every manga is inconsistent inherently, but we still allow pixelscaling. A bit of inconsistency does not make it inherently wrong to use and all artwork of the Seireitei should be banned from consideration... I do not think that the inconsistency across every single shot of the Seireitei is as awful as some people are making it out to be. Certainly in the last arc, if we focused on that alone, Kubo draws the Seireitei very consistently. The Seireitei looks the same in pretty much all the shots of it in the last arc when he gives us a wide view.

What I'm saying is that I don't think we should be using just the Yoruichi statement to get a figure for the Seireitei's size.

All panels across every manga is inconsistent inherently, but we still allow pixelscaling. A bit of inconsistency does not make it inherently wrong to use and all artwork of the Seireitei should be banned from consideration... I do not think that the inconsistency across every single shot of the Seireitei is as awful as some people are making it out to be. Certainly in the last arc, if we focused on that alone, Kubo draws the Seireitei very consistently. The Seireitei looks the same in pretty much all the shots of it in the last arc when he gives us a wide view.
What exactly is our reason for using a panel and not using expressions? Except that expressions give very high panels give very low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back