• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach - Seireitei Size Calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do then calcs would need to be upgraded/changed
  • 1 Ri = 3.93 Kilometers
  • 600 * 3.93 = 2,358 kilometers in diameter

People seem to be glossing over this in their "statements are consistent" argument when one statement gets us a figure of 1000 kilometers and another statement gives us a figure of 2300 kilometers.

If the 600 ri statement was in reference to the movie, then it’s wrong, they said 200 Ri to the west or one of the directions

Disagree with the downgrade, Ovy's post summarizes my thoughts pretty.
I will just point out that some of the scans used in the OP aren't even consistent with each other. No one can seriously believe this (not sure why this is even in the OP since its from early Bleach where Kubo hasn't even properly designed the visuals for the Seireitei yet)
Yu4Jydy_d.webp

Is the same as this
QUiaRBC_d.webp

The Seireitei hasn't been completely drawn in any scan by Kubo, all aerials have one or other strucutre missing such as the Sokyoku, the mountains etc...

All the scans being used lack structures som more than others, and none of them should what the complete structure would look like, there's no reason at all to take those inconsistent panels over statements of reliable characters and the narration in the novels.

300 kilometers would match moreso with the novel statement from the rukia novel, since the 75 km would be only for the distance they traveled to get from the gate to the 07th division, although 75 is admittingly a lowball to avoid any calc stacks

I will just point out that some of the scans used in the OP aren't even consistent with each other. No one can seriously believe this (not sure why this is even in the OP since its from early Bleach where Kubo hasn't even properly designed the Seireitei yet)

I included it to be more comprehensive. I'm not saying that every single visual is going to be 100% identical to every other visual.

The Seireitei hasn't been completely drawn in any scan by Kubo, all aerials have one or other strucutre missing such as the Sokyoku, the mountains etc...

You just posted one that is the complete Seireitei.

All the scans being used lack structures som more than others, and none of them should what the complete structure would look like, there's no reason at all to take those inconsistent panels over statements of reliable characters and the narration in the novels.

How are the statements consistent? What size values from the statements perfectly match up?

not sure why this is happening again, the old one was solid and made sense, plus statements>visuals in this case since its not consistent . Its like every day theres a new bleach crt lol

People seem to be glossing over this in their "statements are consistent" argument when one statement gets us a figure of 1000 kilometers and another statement gives us a figure of 2300 kilometers.
Not really, since in the other, we use a calculation considering that they are ordinary humans making such a journey.

To get the size from the movie, you'll only need to go at 11km/h, which is just double the average walking speed, for 16h a day.

Edit: or 7.5 km/h for 24h a day, if you want to go there (cause of almost everyone having massively superhuman stamina).

• The damage from the Reishi leak covers 200 spirit miles in the east-west direction. Extending over one-third of the Seireitei grounds.
The 200 ri leak per their own words cover 1/3rd of the Seireitei. 200 * 3 = 600

I stand corrected on that kudos to you my good sir

Why do not I see the mountains in seireitei complete? we see mountains in other panels, but in complete seiretei I do not see mountains. If you see the mountains show me too

One explanation is that Kubo retconned the mountains being physically inside of the Seireitei itself. Either they do not exist, or the location is not within the walls of the Seireitei.

It doesn't necessarily mean "The true size of the Seireitei is thousands of kilometers across, so we just can't see them in the panel because they're so small." The existence or non-existence of mountains doesn't prove any particular figure for the size.

This is just wrong, even flat out statements from movie (600 ri) support the current size (actaully we have it even smaller), Kubo tell us the size of things via statements of day of walk even with las noches, its not even a single case, just appealing to some art (which kubo dont care, he just basically draw the main object) is a no sense. Even novel writing support this.

I included it to be more comprehensive. I'm not saying that every single visual is going to be 100% identical to every other visual.

You just posted one that is the complete Seireitei.

Excuse me how is this the complete Seireitei exactly when it doesn't include many of the structures I and others mentioned on this thread? The huge chain of mountains behind the 13th division Barracks, the other chain of mountain and forests in the way to the 7th division Barracks, the huge forest we saw in the Seireitei during the fight between Yoruichi and Soifon, I believe other structures are missing too which don't show up in any scan like Yamamoto's tall building of the 1st Division Barracks etc...

Besides this isn't a full shot anyway as it only shows one side of the Seireitei. You can't actually see the other end of the walls or how far the buildings stretch to.

How are the statements consistent? What size values from the statements perfectly match up?
Perhaps I should be more clear in my statement. I don''t think they are perfectly matchup, but they all draw a picture of a Seireitei that's way bigger than the results we get via pixel scalling and that takes many days for the characters to travel in it. We should just take the more conservative interpretation for the statements, simple.

One explanation is that Kubo retconned the mountains being physically inside of the Seireitei itself. Either they do not exist, or the location is not within the walls of the Seireitei.

It doesn't necessarily mean "The true size of the Seireitei is thousands of kilometers across, so we just can't see them in the panel because they're so small." The existence or non-existence of mountains doesn't prove any particular figure for the size.
Your claim was that it was completely complete, but the mountains mentioned in the novelde and the manga are not in the photograph, how can it be complete?

Excuse me how is this the complete Seireitei exactly when it doesn't include many of the structures I and others mentioned on this thread? The huge chain of mountains behind the 13th division Barracks, the other chain of mountain and forests in the way to the 7th division Barracks, the huge forest we saw in the Seireitei during the fight between Yoruichi and Soifon, I believe other structures are missing too which don't show up in any scan like Yamamoto's tall building of the 1st Division Barracks etc...

As you say, we see it from only one side. For all we know, maybe the feature's you're talking about are on the other side.

Besides this isn't a full shot anyway as it only shows one side of the Seireitei. You can't actually see the other end of the walls or how far the buildings stretch to.

It's a full shot of the diameter - not of every single feature inside the Seireitei from a bird's eye view. It's not a map.

My opinion on this:
If visuals are inconsistent with statements, then you shouldn't apply the stated/implied size to the picture, make pixel scaling based calculation.
If a feat happens on panel and you want to calculate it, you should make pixel scaling and use solely visuals for measurements.

My opinion on this:
If visuals are inconsistent with statements, then you shouldn't apply the stated/implied size to the picture, make pixel scaling based calculation.
If a feat happens on panel and you want to calculate it, you should make pixel scaling and use solely visuals for measurements.

We weren't even doing calcs based on the stated size + pixel scaling. For calcs that uses the size of Seireitei (or Las Noches) we found ways to not involve pixel scaling into it.

So yeah

Even thought those structures clearly cannot fit a diameter of what? 3-45 KM based on pixel calcs.
Sure whatever fits your interpretation

Everybody has already presented their points so I guess I will just wait for more input.

@DarkDragonMedeus @AKM sama @Shadowbokunohero @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @Celestial_Pegasus @Jvando @Starter_Pack

I'd like to request some input on what I've laid out in the OP.

I don't think visuals not being an exact 1-to-1 with each other means we have to rely on a calculated figure that is drastically well above every single visual. There also inconsistencies in the story itself, like Yhwach being mistaken for being inside the barrier, and concerns over Gerard being able to "annihilate the Seireitei" just by falling onto it.

Bleach should not have an unfair exception made for it which is currently being used to inflate other calculations.

If statements and visuals produce drastically different results, then no size value should be used at all.

@DarkDragonMedeus @AKM sama @Shadowbokunohero @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @Celestial_Pegasus @Jvando @Starter_Pack

I don't think visuals not being an exact 1-to-1 with each other means we have to rely on a calculated figure that is drastically well above every single visual. There also inconsistencies in the story itself, like Yhwach being mistaken for being inside the barrier, and concerns over Gerard being able to "annihilate the Seireitei" just by falling onto it.

Bleach should not have an unfair exception made for it which is currently being used to inflate other calculations.

If statements and visuals produce drastically different results, then no size value should be used at all.
Does pixel measurement necessarily have to be used to determine the size of something? is this a must?

It's been a while since ive read Bleach, so id have to go through your OP and get some more context from the manga. but at face value I agree, there is no need to have this dichotomy between using calcs or visuals.

Does pixel measurement necessarily have to be used to determine the size of something? is this a must?

A panel is 1 point of data. The ten panels in the OP represent 10 different points of data.

Yoruichi's statement is 1 point of data.

Now just because the first 10 points of data aren't identical doesn't mean that the 1 point of data from Yoruichi automatically becomes the best option. It is well in excess of every other point of data.

You can also use expressions in other series as you wish.

A panel is 1 point of data. The ten panels in the OP represent 10 different points of data.

Yoruichi's statement is 1 point of data.

Now just because the first 10 points of data aren't identical doesn't mean that the 1 point of data from Yoruichi automatically becomes the best option. It is well in excess of every other point of data.
other data are all different from each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back