• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
AppleLord said:
Question about was already accepted. It maybe a new power.
How Yhwach unplug the flow of souls? The only way to cause the unbalance is by either dying or killing souls in the Soul Society or Earth to unbalance the worlds. How Yhwach did that at the end before been killed? Was the waves of his reiatsu killing people randomly in SS?
yhwach has no control over the flow of souls, you are following an incorrect fan translation. SS can't handle the flow of souls, without the SK the flow of souls causes a planet-wide earthquake that destroys everything. SK prevents that.

Yhwach was doing a completely different thing in his final attack, he was going to reform both SS and the human world into one, this would mean destroying them both.

Is accepted to this day that Yhwach unplugged the balance. But that cannot happened because he will need to die or kill more souls for it to happened.

You know, I never got how a balance of souls between worlds could exist if Humans live, at max, 100-150 years, while shinigami could live easily up to 2000 years.

The flow of souls is just how many souls travel inbetween the cycle of reincarnation. The balance is in danger when Quincy erase Hollows from existence. But the wiki has some weird claim that the flow of souls is a physical thing with a remote control to activate it. The flow of souls and the balance of the worlds are two different things. The balance can be broken by either killing the Soul King who holds the worlds with his power where the flow of souls travel or by killing a lot of souls in one of the worlds to create the unbalance of the scale.

Warren Valion said:
You know, I never got how a balance of souls between worlds could exist if Humans live, at max, 100-150 years, while shinigami could live easily up to 2000 years.
Ersa

Man, the afterlife in Bleach really sucks doesn't it? You're almost certainly going to be reborn into a peasant's life, and might end up slaughtered to preserve the cosmic balance.

The reincarnation cycle continues until you either become a sinner send to hell, another soul turn hollow eats you or your soul is erase from existence by a Quincy. If the Shinigami have to do the Soul King's job why is it that according to the mistranslated manga pages the Soul King's job is to balance the flow of souls? It make no sence. ViZ Translation says that the Soul King holds the worlds where the flow of souls travels. Which gives credit to the Shinigami doing the balance instead.

Bobybobster said:
why are you even using the mistranslated stuff? Ofc its the shinigamis job to make sure things are balanced.
Not everything is a mistranslation lol
Erda

TataHakai said:
Bobybobster said:
why are you even using the mistranslated stuff? Ofc its the shinigamis job to make sure things are balanced.
Not everything is a mistranslation lol
Erda
if only viz was used for all translations (well not saying viz is perfect ofc, they can and have made mistakes). Also why did you even feel the need to post this again? I already said shinigami does the balancing.

The mistranslated text in question is a big one.

"controls the flow of souls" vs "controls the worlds where the flow of souls travels"

applelord was referring to the mistranslated stuff, I said why are you even trying to make sense of the mistranslation.

I don't know how you made the leap in logic that I consider everything that is non-viz a mistranslation. I only referred to a specific part which was mistranslated.

who keeps bringing this flow of souls stuff??soul king has nothing to do with souls,and his name isn't soul king,it's reio,maybe it's because of that,that's why people thinks he has anything to do with souls,Again the soul stuff was a mistranslation, the real translation which is supported by the actual booklet manga which is more official than all these digital translation. Soul king's power was sealed off and used to hold the realms of bleach from collapsing into one which is coursed by the massive number of konpaku that moves to and fro from soul society.

Hst master said:
Reio means Soul king.......
Sike,the viz translation was always calling it reio,so I thought they were different, but as you just said they were the same I now realized reio is the Japanese name right??

TataHakai said:
Because you're assuming that everything that isn't Viz is a mistranslation, also i originally posted the statement as a reply to a question.
Viz often mistranslates themselves, and often.

I have been wondering.. How do you guys debate? Do you refresh the page every second to see the new comments or there is an app that you use?

Abd2u said:
I have been wondering..
How do you guys debate? Do you refresh the page every second to see the new comments or there is an app that you use?
I usually respond to a comment, and when I'm done writing my response, I refresh the page and read the thirty comments that popped up when I was writing my response.

I've read some raws for Naruto and Bleach and have noticed several errors they've made honestly.

VIz translated Mayuri's Bankai having a radius of 100 miles when it's 183 meters.

Viz had Naruto say Madara's meteors were as big as Pain's when all he said in the raws were "they're huge".

Always fact check Viz.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I've read some raws for Naruto and Bleach and have noticed several errors they've made honestly.
VIz translated Mayuri's Bankai having a radius of 100 miles when it's 183 meters.

Viz had Naruto say Madara's meteors were as big as Pain's when all he said in the raws were "they're huge".

Always fact check Viz.
also using the wrong ri measure

Abd2u said:
I have been wondering..
How do you guys debate? Do you refresh the page every second to see the new comments or there is an app that you use?
Get on for about an hour checking up on threads you've followed, seeing new threads pop up for series you know. Leave and continue with my daily life, come back again some hours later and repeat.

next part of the novel should be tomorrow, should be getting some backstory into the whole "original sin" with this part, reminds me of the original sin in Christianity.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Always fact check Viz.
Viz also made some shit-tier translations for Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya, randomly changing the name of characters, attacks, explanations for stuff, etc.

Viz tends to be very good on a general level. I.e, accurate grammar, natural sounding sentences, good translation of phrases, but they are very liberal with the finer detail and often willing to change shit up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back