• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blast Away!:The Blue Blur reaches MFTL+:The CRT

I have some disagreements with some of the feats but, at least the Rivals one sounds good for general MFTL+ ratings.

Woah, hold up fellas. Rule of Three, remember? We only have two staff.

Not ONLY that, but FTL has been a staple to the Gameverse since circa 2017 or so. The usual three is bare minimum, but I'd recommend 4 or so staff to approve here before any edits get done.

I've really only been letting the thread sit to see if anybody would stop by and disagree, but it's been a few days. If somebody unlocks Sonic, Shadow, and Silver, I'll be ready to perform the edits.

I don’t really think the Rivals feat should be used, contextually it doesn’t make much sense for Eggman Nega to be flying through deep space if he started out at a meteor field near Earth, and his plan was to turn Earth into a card. I also disagree with the Egg Shuttle and Nonaggression feats but, those are more based on interpretation with the distances so I can understand them being used.

I also don’t really see where the characters are flying past galaxies in Shuffle in the clip shown.

Last edited:
I don’t really think the Rivals feat should be used, contextually it doesn’t make much sense for Eggman Nega to be flying through deep space if he started out at a meteor field near Earth, and his plan was to turn Earth into a card.
Prove its near Earth in the first place (apparently sonic wiki claims this without a source too for meteor base zone)? All we know is its in an asteroid field going by just character comments. What we see is what we get with dots of light the same blue color as the stars shown just before the scene starts which indicates Earth was far far from there if they are blurred past. Even during the level in outer space prior Earths Sun isnt visble and theres a blanket of eliptical blue spots in the sky. Nega racing back to Earth from there at mftl+ speeds can just be argued regarding for his plan if he needs to get there in proximity so...

Last edited:
The sun not being visible could just mean the camera didn’t focus on it due to the limited screen size. And it would make more sense for Nega to be close to Earth if his plan involved Earth, rather than being light years away and constructing a base light years away. Sometimes a background is just a background, like Nonaggression

The base's construction doesn't have a direct correlation with his plan though, even he did that last minute plan to turn earth into a card while Sonic made him angry after getting stomped at the same time as Metal, having repeated failures killing Sonic. And its entire purpose is just a "space-base refinery, where meteors are processed for his sinister schemes" - according to the encylopedia book by flynn.

Him escaping to it doesn't mean he can't be far from Earth, the argument therein is that he had to travel to it at all in any unreasonable amount of time, something that's not what happens by his threat to Sonic on the destroyer.

Feel like I'm having to overexplain here when this feat seems as blatant as the comedically shown close nebula in Advance was just some level designer making a random starry background without any thought into it, the presentation of the feat is honestly not that hard to grasp as per other space travel feats in fiction showing this blur effect with an entirely blank black background, totally must be a coincidence that the trail blurs are the same white and blue colors as the stars shown prior/s. Sorry to be the one to tell you visuals get taken as evidence for this medium, its not a book.

Last edited:
If Eggman/Nega wanted to make a base to refine meteors it would probably make more sense to make it, in the nearby asteroid belt.

And well, the feat is kind of not that blatant if it’s just lines passing by on a screen. Everyone thought the Exception feat was blatant due to the background, when the intro to the fight shows the characters flying to a clearly star covered location. Background stuff should always be scrutinized in the context of the story, and contextually Eggman Nega flying light years away don’t really make sense.

And it would make way more sense to not be near the heroes on Earth either for them to get in his way and to be as far as possible away. But again, there's nothing concrete you are giving me that contradicts the visuals there when the lines shown are the identical colors as the blue and white stars shown before the outer space escape and they don't have self-contradictory stuff anyway for why it looks the way it does for a stellar parallax scene when it takes place in outer space, the intention being to randomly get rid of all stars in the scene to a black sky when they were visible prior by the game developers, Occam's Razor favors those lines can only be the stars and that there's not such a grandiose design change reason to get rid of the visible stars for such an outer space level with this visual. Exception's example doesn't add much here, I disagreed with its past calcs before up till the most recent assumption of them travelling to a stellar void, such as the Local Void, don't lump me in with ""everyone"".

With this image, I rest my case.

Last edited:
I’m just saying that backgrounds have been false or misleading before in this series in terms of where they place the arenas, and if the only reasoning for the distance given is the background then, I don’t think I can trust it given the context.

Back