• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BLACK CLOVER P&A CRT: MANA (PART 1)

Arnoldstone18

#1 Nero Enthusiast
Username Only
Lets look at how mages interact with mana, The relationship of mana to certain mages. Lets see what powers, abilities and resistances are granted as a result. Lastly we will upgrade a mage who has the closest connection to mana.

HATED BY MANA
The only being hated by mana is Asta. He is known as the flaw of the world, lacking something fundamental to natural law and human existence. Therefore this gives him non-existent physiology (type 5) for lacking an aspect of himself necessary for existence. As type 5 describes this gives him immunity to attacks that target an individual's innate mana/magic.

I know this is a somewhat useless addition but i only want to add it for index purposes.

BELOVED BY MANA
In black clover, one thing to keep at the back of the mind when discussing layers is that it’s dependent on a mage’s magic power. The stronger the mage the more layered their haxed becomes. Sometimes their hax evolve to affect natural law.

As we know, those who are loved by mana possess far more magic power than the average mage. More importantly, they gain benefits such as resisting the effects of power nullification. Although the effects of their resistance come in layers as their connection to mana varies as shown below.

Layers of Power Nullification and its Resistance:

The following are a list of power nullification and power nullification resistance:

• Power Nullification effects of Dense Magical Regions (At least Baseline; Examples include: a mage's massive aura, Grand magic region, and Ultime Volcano. The denser the disruptive mana the more magic power and/or mana control is needed to resist their nullification effects with mana skin.)
  • Power Nullification spells (At least Baseline; these are spells used by mages to negate magic such as binding magic)
  • Royal’s innate resistance (Baseline; Royals are humans with the most innate magic power. They are capable of casting spells in the vicinity of a dense magical region such as Third Eye’s massive aura. The third eye, however, are not beloved by mana but they have outstanding control over it. After reincarnation the third eye become elves.)
  • Mana Skin resistance (1 layer; With this, Mages are capable of resisting the power nullifying effects of most power nullification spells and magically dense regions. The strength of resistance is dependent on the strength of the mana skin. Mana skin strength depends on a mage's mana control. Noelle who finally mastered her control was capable of resisting the power nullification effects of dense magical areas such as an Elf's overflowing aura)
  • Enhanced Power Nullification spells (1 Layer; These are spells usually used by elves to negate magic. They are capable of bypassing the mana skin of mages like Noelle.)
  • Enhanced Mana Skin resistance (At Least 2 Layer; The strength of this mana skin is potent enough to nullify even the nullifying effects of elven spells, As shown by Noelle's Valkyrie Armor)
  • Demons and Devils' Negative Mana Skin and Devil Heart resistance (2 Layers; Negative mana users, Devils and Ancient Demons are capable of resisting the power nullifying effects of Dense magic regions and nullification spells due to the sheer fact that devil magic (a.k.a Forbidden Magic) can not be nullified conventionally with any magic. This includes magic from the elves. An arcane mage or forbidden magic is required.)
  • Greatly Enhanced Power Nullification spells like Spatial Domination (3 layers; Devil Magic; this takes complete control over the mana in the area capable of bypassing even Noelle's Valkyrie Armor's resistance. The control of spatial domination can only be bypassed by a stronger opponent, a spatial magic user with Mana Zone-- regular mana zone doesn't work-- or One loved by mana. Megicula was also capable of bypassing Noelle's resistance with Decaying world.)
  • Dark Magic Power Nullification Spells such as Black Moon (3 Layers; Dark Magic is power from the underworld, as such, Yami is capable of nullifying Mereoleona's magic, Elven magic as well as Devil power)
  • Loved by mana resistance (4 layers; baseline against Anti Magic aura; Attempts to nullify mana control is damn near impossible due to the intimacy with external mana. Any amount of control one may have on mana (whether it be from a human, devil or paladin) is rendered useless as mana favors the character. A character most known to be beloved by mana is Yuno. As at some point in the series not even anti magic was shown to nullify his magic which allowed him to fight alongside Asta on many occasions. Elves hit by Anti Magic swords are still capable of using magic afterwards)
  • Devil Union Anti Magic (1 layer Anti Magic; Asta has drawn out all the anti magic power he possesses, enabling him nullify even those loved by mana. As not even Yuno could back him up him up as he normally would on every other occasion)
  • Devil Union Anti Magic (1 layer Anti Magic; Asta has drawn out all the anti magic power he possesses, enabling him nullify even those loved by mana. As not even Yuno was able to work with him as he normally would on every other occasion)

Note: resisting anti magic is not the same as resisting magic nullifying spells due to the explanation of ways to get around resistances on the resistance page. Moreover, In most cases, resisting Anti Magic comes from magic power engulfing it. Anti Magic can't keep up with too much power. Therefore the stronger the mage the more power Anti magic has to negate hence why mages like Conrad can resist it because he's so much stronger to the point AM cant keep up.

MAGE OF MANA: MEREOLEONA VERMILLION
As we know, Magic is everything. The closer one comes to mana the more they become like it. It is also determinant of one's strength as shown perfectly by Mereoleona. A woman who lived in nature, steeping herself in natural mana 300 days in a year and reached new levels of mana skin. This act not only let her perform feats which I will get into in a sec, but it also drew her closer and closer to becoming mana as the series went on.

Pre timeskip Mereoleona:

Greatly Enhanced Power Nullification Spell
(4 Layers; With Mana Zone Full Release, Pre-timeskip Mereoeleona is capable of nullifying the magic of the elves via Mana Zone. The elves are beloved by mana yet Mereoleona had greater control and can nullify their spell)

Judgment Day Mereoleona:

Limited Regeneration (At Least Low-Mid, She is capable of replacing missing body parts with Mana based parts)
In the end. only one mage was capable of this feat. Mereoleona Vermillion. She has not only surpassed mana skin and mana zone, she has surpassed natural law and became mana itself.

Inorganic Physiology and Intangibility: (Mereoleona now exist purely as Mana, a fundamental energy that transcends physical form)

Additionally she obtained a new spell that enables her to bring her allies back from the dead to fight with her again with soul/mana based bodies. Therefore this gives her Resurrection, Soul Manipulation on her profile.

Note: AP CRT coming soon... Please do not bring up discussions about AP in this thread. Refer to our discussion general or my message wall.
Note: the formatting of the other abilities is not how they will be displayed on the pages. So be rest assured they will be formatted properly if accepted. I only formatted it this way in the crt for ease of explanation.

Agree
@Aprildays, @KingogKings777 @Excellence616 @Idkwhyimhere3

Neutral

Disagree

Dereck (Hated By Mana)

Last edited:
Why is AE here? It's only given to those who gain Immortality from it, hence why I didn't put it on the blog

Also, separating Anti-Magic layers and with normal layers makes thing confusing

For Regeneration, she made an arm of Mana but that doesn't mean her physical arm came back.

I am not interested in this thread bec i have to get up to date with BC but I saw something that caught my attention.
The only being hated by mana is Asta. He is known as the flaw of the world, lacking something fundamental to natural law and human existence. Therefore this gives him non-existent physiology (type 5) for lacking an aspect of himself necessary for existence. As type 5 describes this gives him immunity to attacks that target an individual's innate mana/magic.
First of all NEP Type 5 doesn't exist, it would be NEP Aspect 5. There can't be an NEP without nature, whether 1, 2 or 3. Asta does not qualify for any nature since he's not nonexistent at any level. In my view mana doesn't qualify for Info 2 and therefore wouldn't qualify as a Type 5 Aspect in NEP. Based on the same description of Info 2 and what is provided by the OP there is no evidence of the ability here and many of the feats shown are due to changes in the user's soul but someone else will take care of the Info 2 part, that's all from my side.

Also
Law Manipulation: (Becoming Mana itself can only be possible by overcoming the world's natural laws)
The scan showed here has nothing to do with Law Manip.

I am not interested in this thread bec i have to get up to date with BC but I saw something that caught my attention.

First of all NEP Type 5 doesn't exist, it would be NEP Aspect 5. There can't be an NEP without nature, whether 1, 2 or 3. Asta does not qualify for any nature since he's not nonexistent at any level. In my view mana doesn't qualify for Info 2 and therefore wouldn't qualify as a Type 5 Aspect in NEP. Based on the same description of Info 2 and what is provided by the OP there is no evidence of the ability here and many of the feats shown are due to changes in the user's soul but someone else will take care of the Info 2 part, that's all from my side.

Also
Law Manipulation: (Becoming Mana itself can only be possible by overcoming the world's natural laws)
The scan showed here has nothing to do with Law Manip.

Something came up which led to me drastically changing the OP to remove the blog. I will include the blog in part 2 of my thread taking your suggestion into account.

As of now this is just about Layers and ability additions for Asta and Mereoleona.

I will respond again later.

Disagree with NEP FRA

Also disagree with law manipulation because surpassing/overcoming the laws of the world in black clover doesn't actually mean anything

Morris also considers himself to have surpassed the world's laws by virtue of the abilities Lucious granted him which are just deconstruction & limited life creation [Golem] non of which actually had anything to do with him altering, creating or destroying laws in any way nor required him to do so

At best "Surpassing natural laws" in context of the events that transpired just means surpassing what a human would naturally be able to do

I’m not adding votes that have nothing to do with the thread and votes that don’t address the whole thread. Please read it before voting.

Post was edited as I was typing but ignoring that for the rest of the thread stuff can you actually link the relevant scans to like 90% of what's proposed here.

For anyone who hasn't read BC there's no reason to take anything you've written without a scan attached to it as facts, like even if you don't actually intend to have the scans themselves linked on the profiles when this is done they are least need to be in the CRT itself

Sonofanavast is right. There's no way for anyone to take what's in the OP seriously when there are no scans attached.

Enhanced Power Nullification spells (1 Layer; These are spells usually used by elves to negate magic)
I'm unsure why this counts as a layer. Have any elves used their Enhanced Power Nullification spells to nullify a regular Mana Skin? If so, then this is fine, but again, there are no scans attached so as of right now this is a baseless claim.
Demons and Devils' Negative Mana Skin resistance (2 Layers; Devils like Lucifero and Ancient Demons are capable of resisting the power nullifying effects of Dense magic regions and nullification spells due to the sheer fact that devil magic can not be nullified conventionally with any magic. An arcane mage is required.)
This is 1 layer. Dense magic regions are listed as baseline. Devil magic not being able to be nullified by any magic seems like an immunity to normal magic and it being susceptible to arcane mages rather than it being a layer.

Looks mostly done

Have any elves used their Enhanced Power Nullification spells to nullify a regular Mana Skin?
Yeah

This is 1 layer. Dense magic regions are listed as baseline. Devil magic not being able to be nullified by any magic seems like an immunity to normal magic and it being susceptible to arcane mages rather than it being a layer.

Normal magic consist of all the power nullification spells above it on the list so its definitely not "1 layer"

Susceptibility is not the right word. 95% of Arcane Mages use devil related magic anyways. The other 5% use magic that manipulate natural law which are support mages and Asta.

Gonna read/address the rest in a bit but this point right here sticks out to me.
Limited Regeneration (At Least Low-Mid, She is capable of replacing missing body parts with Mana based parts)
Shouldn't it be low godly do to the soul/mind and mana being intertwined or is that not approved on vsbw?

Gonna read/address the rest in a bit but this point right here sticks out to me.

Shouldn't it be low godly do to the soul/mind and mana being intertwined or is that not approved on vsbw?

Thats prior to becoming mana.

If her mana form can regenerate then sure.

I agree with non-existent physiology (type 5) if its worded unconventionally like unconventional non-existent physiology (type 5).

Agree with the layers.

Agree with the Mereoleona stuff too.

it's still Low-Mid unless she can regen her entire body with mana, then she would get Low-Godly.

I agree with OP

Agreed with the OP, I genuinely see nothing wrong here. Question though, why doesn't mereoleona apply for this?

Agreed with the OP, I genuinely see nothing wrong here. Question though, why doesn't mereoleona apply for this?
She brought them back to life not controlling their dead bodies.

She brought them back to life not controlling their dead bodies.
He's actually right

She resurrected their souls that specific use of soul manipulation is a type of Necromancy
Necromancy refers to the ability to control the bodies and/or souls of the deceased. This is most frequently depicted as being able to resurrect the dead to varying to degrees, from shambling corpses to conscious zombies to even complete resurrection.
Manipulation of souls: A form that targets the soul rather than the body, it allows the necromancer to summon, control, and place the souls of the dead in various objects and living beings. In more advanced versions, the necromancer can manipulate not only the souls of the dead, but still living beings, bringing them under their thrall or killing them by tearing out their soul
So yeah she should get Necromancy Type 2

Back