• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover: New Scaling CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so since the Low 6-B Salamander calc and High 6-B Clover Kingdom calc for Black Clover have been deemed a no-go, a lot of profiles are going to be affected. As such, this CRT is to help determine the new ratings for all the affected profiles. Here we go.

First off, the Third Eye in base are far stronger than the captains, so that's a High 7-A+. The information for this comes from chapters 139-141, for reference. There's this thing titled Mikael Caesar (it's the name of a corpse made from Wraith Magic) that has at least the power of a Magic Knight captain, as it's made up of two captains. As we know, even the earliest series captains upscale from William's casual 2.28 gigaton feat to be High 7-A+ (2.65 gigatons). Then, there's also this character named Sally, who could fight a Gauche that can take hits from Mikael Caesar, so she'd be High 7-A around this time normally. However, later in the fight, she uses something that multiplies her power by 10, so she'd be 26.5 gigatons with this amp. That's 6-C. Here's where the scaling comes in.

Despite having this amp, the Third Eye members at full power are always noted to be the strongest in the Eye of the Midnight Sun. So, this is what I propose.

Third Eye members should scale like this: "High 7-A, 6-C with the Evil Eye"

In base, they're at least High 7-A for being stronger than the captains. With the Evil Eye, they're 6-C for being stronger than a Sally enchanted to be 10x stronger than normal.

That takes care of the 2.12 teraton and 4.24 teraton characters, we still need to address the 8.48 teraton and 16.96 teraton characters. These are a lot simpler though, as it's the same reasoning as we currently use, just with different numbers.

The 8.48 teraton characters would become 53 gigatons (Island level+) because of a base Yuno (who at the time is comparable to a base Asta that can hurt Evil Eye Raia, thus being 6-C) assimilating all of the Wind Spirit's power into him, who is at least comparable to his base form. So, this Spirit Dive Yuno and those who scale to him would be Island level+.

Lastly, the 16.96 teraton character is actually only one character: Sealed Licht. He's at least 6-B now for casually stopping a combined attack from Asta and Yuno, both of whom were 8.48 teratons at the time (now 53 gigatons). Same logic applies here, but different numbers. Sealed Licht would now be High 6-C (106 gigatons) for the same thing. It's also consistent with him fighting better against Zagred than Asta or Yuno, who would be 84.85 gigatons as seen later.

As for the Clover Kingdom destruction stuff, two-horned Black Asta scales to 1/2 the calc (84.85 gigatons), as a combined attack from him and Yuno wounded Zagred, who is comparable to Lumiere, who is comparable to Demon Licht. Post-TS Base Noelle is the same rating for fighting back the explosion of a Dark Disciple, who is comparable to a post-TS Spirit of Zephyr, wherein a pre-TS Spirit of Zephyr could damage Zagred. Valkyrie Dress is far stronger than her base form, so that's baseline High 6-C. Conquering Eon's combined power would add up to 851.1 gigatons (see the TL;DR below), so that's High 6-C+, 50% Dark Triad should upscale far above Black Divider for 50% Dante easily overwhelming a post-TS version, which is stronger than its pre-TS varient, which is stronger than Conquering Eon. Lastly, Devil Union Asta should be 2 teratons because fused Lilith and Naamah are stated to have more power than the sum of their parts (the exact quote is "Their power is more than just 1 + 1 dammit"), each of whom would be 1 teraton for scaling about Devil Power Dark Triad.

TL;DR (specific characters are listed, but it also applies to those who scale to those characters):
Base Third Eye: High 7-A+ (2.65 gigatons)
Evil Eye Third Eye: 6-C (26.5 gigatons; even with Sally's 10x buff, the Evil Eye Third Eye are considered the strongest in the Eye of the Midnight Sun)
Royal Knights arc Spirit Dive Yuno: 6-C+ (53 gigatons; Spirit Dive Yuno's 2x multiplier [it's more like a 1 + 1 thing but it effectively becomes 2x])
Two-horned Black Asta & Post-TS Base Noelle: 6-C+ (84.85 gigatons; the former wounded Zagred in a combo attack with Yuno, the latter stopped a Zagred-level explosion alongside Mimosa)
Post-TS Valkyrie Dress Noelle: High 6-C (100 gigatons; Base Noelle Post-TS scales to 84.85 gigatons, post-TS Valkyrie Dress Noelle is far stronger than her base form)
Sealed Licht: High 6-C (106 gigatons; casually stopped a combo attack from a 53 gigaton Asta and Yuno)
Demon Licht: High 6-C (169.7 gigatons; Clover Kingdom destruction calc that ain't really subject to questioning)
Black Divider: High 6-C+ (851.1 gigatons; Above Conquering Eon, which would have this much added power [169.7 * 3 + 45.6 * 7 + 22.8]; on this note, Patry needs a "Post Dark-Elf Transformation" that would scale to Two-horned Black Asta for destroying spells that could damage him)
50% Dark Triad: Low 6-B (1 teraton; upscaled far stronger than an even stronger Black Divider)
Naamalith and DU Asta: Low 6-B (2 teratons; Naamalith is over 2x stronger than Lilith and Naamah, each of whom would be 1 teraton. DU Asta one-shot Naamalith)

This is my proposition for the scaling. Thoughts?

Last edited:
As I said, I disagree with William's calculation. The calculation assumes that the clouds are cirrus, but it doesn't look like this
https://zjcdn.********.me/store/manga/15291/01-002.0/compressed/gimg013.jpg
1280px-Cirrus_fibratus_and_Cirrocumulus.jpg

The correct is cumulus or nimbos

You're using an unofficial scan when the official scan (seen in the calculation itself) depicts the clouds as wisps just like cirrus clouds are. The unofficial scan makes the clouds look more... chunky (I guess?) than they really are.

What should be used? Given that they're large, thick clouds and the anime (which can be used as supplementary material) shows that they're basically storm clouds, cumulonimbus should be fine.

In my opinion, going off of the information we have, cumulonimbus makes the most sense. I'll make a new version of the calc.

I'm watching a video about the Entrance Exam, and no, the spell gets casted at 3:11 and by 3:13 the clouds are all gathered. The clouds are gathered before the spell ends.

They're all gathered at the center in 2 seconds, so 2 seconds is the timeframe. It's really that simple.

If I'm not mistaken, there was a calculation that was refused because of this method to find the size of clouds.

Just saying it's wrong won't do anything. I got a reliable source (it was either this or Wikipedia and I figured this was more reliable), cited it for why I used that altitude, and did the calc accordingly.

First of all, the source is not reliable. Its considers cirros to have an altitude comparable to that of cumulonimbus, and this is impossible. A cumulonimbus is low cloud level and a cirros is a high cloud level
  • High clouds form at altitudes of 3,000 to 7,600 m (10,000 to 25,000 ft) in the polar regions, 5,000 to 12,200 m (16,500 to 40,000 ft) in the temperate regions, and 6,100 to 18,300 m (20,000 to 60,000 ft) in the tropics. All cirriform clouds are classified as high, thus constitute a single genus cirrus (Ci). Stratocumuliform and stratiform clouds in the high altitude range carry the prefix cirro-, yielding the respective genus names cirrocumulus (Cc) and cirrostratus (Cs). If limited-resolution satellite images of high clouds are analysed without supporting data from direct human observations, distinguishing between individual forms or genus types becomes impossible, and they are collectively identified as high-type (or informally as cirrus-type, though not all high clouds are of the cirrus form or genus)
  • These very large cumuliform and cumulonimbiform types have cloud bases in the same low-level to mid-level range as the multi-level and moderate vertical types, but the tops nearly always extend into the high levels
Anothe source

And another

45000 feets is exaggerated

So yeah, I disagree with the calculation

Last edited:
Also, you said the source I used considers cirrus clouds as having a comparable altitude to cumulonimbus when that's definitely not the case. Yeah, they have the same max altitude, but the minimum altitude for cumulonimbus clouds is way lower than with cirrus (2,000 feet vs. 16,500 feet)

USklav sent a video some ways up. Scroll up a bit and you should find it.

That's not how it works. What happens is that William brings the clouds together and then the giant tree sprouts from the center of the clouds. I understand why you'd think they're spreading out in the manga, but honestly it looks like it could be taken either way and the anime showing he's gathering them helps us know which one it is (between gathering them or spreading them out).

I don't agree with your version for reasons that I've already mentioned (the cloud altitude and the timeframe)

Literally the whole calculation depends solely on the cloud height assumption, this will be an eternal debate and this method of finding cloud size is horrible in my view.

In addition, this CRT is supposed to be about the scaling, not really the calc itself.

I don't think that's how it works. The scaling and the calculation are separate entities the way I see it.

I mean, with this logic any calculation that uses the thickness of a cloud is invalid (Like 90% of calculations with KE)
I'm not talking about this, but here we have to assume the height that the clouds are from the ground and then use angsize to find its diameter.
For example, this one was rejected for that very reason.

No, I'm scrolling through the comments and that reason (the angsizing) never came up as a reason why the calc was rejected. It used the same method but was rejected for other reasons.

Also, something came to mind just now so I wanna ask a question about it:

In the captain battle (Episode 151, an episode that is canon despite being anime-only, as Tabata labels those anime episodes between the Elf arc and Spade arc as canon), William uses the exact same spell and the clouds actually extend past the horizon.

I just want to get opinions on this in terms of usability.

The calc was never outright rejected, it was justified why horizon distance and KE was used, but the calc group member never responded to said justification. And nowadays, it's common practice to use horizon distance when shown and KE for moving the clouds.

The clouds get moved to the center via the spell. KE is accurate for this, and it has been for a while and I really don't understand why that got rejected.

Well that's not the feat being discussed, and I got a better timeframe in my version. Given that they start gathering in his other use of it as he's saying the spell, I used that to get the timeframe. It was about 7 seconds.

Oh, I'm not talking about that feat now. I'm talking about the one I did.

I think it looks good.

Can't see the video tho but I'll take your word for the timeframe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back