• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Clover downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This confuses me. Was patri moving at light speed here? He doesn't arrive at his destination until like 15 chapters later and in that time many fights take place
0181-011.png
He even says this when he arrives implying that a significant time has passed. At light speed he would have reached instantly. Am I missing something?
Travel speed ≠ Combat speed

This confuses me. Was patri moving at light speed here? He doesn't arrive at his destination until like 15 chapters later and in that time many fights take place
0181-011.png
He even says this when he arrives implying that a significant time has passed. At light speed he would have reached instantly. Am I missing something?
looking at this calculation and seeing the context it is ridiculous, this is completely inflated and biased.

So why when I mentioned that the profiles needed a review did you come to say that I was the only person who thought that?
If you didn't agree with that, why didn't you do something to correct it?

So you're worse than I thought, even the wrong thing, it doesn't matter to you as long as they have the highest level possible, I understand.
Stop trying to appeal to a motive here. You don't see people trying to downplay your argument on the basis of "you just want a downgrade" and you making such an appeal doesn't make your argument any better.

Also, the Relativistic+ characters scale that way for being far above those with Relativistic reactions, being able to blitz them (Example: Patry blitzed Asta, who has Relativistic reactions, and it's close enough to go to Relativistic+)
For me and anyone who really tries to do something coherent and logical, not biased and over-inflated.
Just to see the scale how horrible it is, we have:
  • Yami is Rel+ for being comparable to Patry
  • Patry is Rel+ for blitzing Asta
  • Asta is Sub-Rel+ with Rel reactions
Where does Rel+ come from ??? Also, this PS with Rades without any explanation, just a '' Comparable to Rades '', being that this key never fought with Rades
But in your biased opinion this is super correct
Again, trying to put down those who disagree with you by an implication that those who disagree with your notion are illogical, not coherent, biased, and want to over-inflate results. This does not help your argument one bit.
0181-011.png
That spell, above anything else, is one that makes you move at light speed (as shown several times within the series before this time). It's not uncommon for incredibly quick speeds to still require a lot of time to cross a distance that shouldn't take that long, which is a case of PIS in order to set up all the elves meeting at the same time. Trying to use this moment to contradict that without anything else is faulty reasoning, mainly because of how common this is in fiction in general.

Stop trying to appeal to a motive here. You don't see people trying to downplay your argument on the basis of "you just want a downgrade" and you making such an appeal doesn't make your argument any better.

Also, the Relativistic+ characters scale that way for being far above those with Relativistic reactions, being able to blitz them (Example: Patry blitzed Asta, who has Relativistic reactions, and it's close enough to go to Relativistic+)

Again, trying to put down those who disagree with you by an implication that those who disagree with your notion are illogical, not coherent, biased, and want to over-inflate results. This does not help your argument one bit.

That spell, above anything else, is one that makes you move at light speed (as shown several times within the series before this time). It's not uncommon for incredibly quick speeds to still require a lot of time to cross a distance that shouldn't take that long, which is a case of PIS in order to set up all the elves meeting at the same time. Trying to use this moment to contradict that without anything else is faulty reasoning, mainly because of how common this is in fiction in general.
That's why I question if he's actually moving at light speed. It's not drawn in the same way as when the light speed movement spell is used. It looks more like the flight technique that all the elves were using. Even in the anime he doesn't have the usual light particle effect as he moves and just has that yellow aura around him (the super saiyan like one). I think he was just flying and not using the light movement spell.

He has that Light Magic aura when he flies off and doesn't have it when he arrives, which likely just means he dropped it sometime after he disappeared from Rades' sight.

0181-011.png
same reason why it takes Goku like an half an hour to reach Babidi or Naruto characters days to move across villages despite them being FTL or Lightning speed Respectively. Travel speed is often not as fast as their combat speed and incongruous with how they should Logically be, this is mostly to avoid breaking the setting.

We return to the monkey
Um what... You talking about me 😠 I mostly agree with USklaverei and LIFE_OF_KING there is nothing that suggests that Yami has FTL reaction in those panels (also Yami uses Ki... Which predicts attacks and movements)

Last edited:
same reason why it takes Goku like an half an hour to reach Babidi or Naruto characters days to move across villages despite them being FTL or Lightning speed Respectively. Travel speed is often not as fast as their combat speed and incongruous with how they should Logically be, this is mostly to avoid breaking the setting.
Basically this, it’s done for the sake of moving the plot forward and trying to use that as evidence against that being light speed is very faulty logic.

I want to know why he is moving at the speed of light

I don't remember any mention of him using light speed magic at this moment
It took him a long time to reach his destination (Let's remember that the speed of light is considered and shown as being ******* fast when it is activated)
He is simply flying

Last edited:
Because that's the spell he uses when he moves at lightspeed
Mention or demonstration? He is simply glowing
Shadow already answered that part
No, he confused what was being discussed. Also saying "He took time because of inconsistency" doesn't work, you know, movement at the speed of light is represented being extremely fast in the verse, it makes no sense for the author to use a specific technique that goes at SoL speed to be so slow. Come on, just look at the times the characters used the ability

Put 2 and 2 together.

The Flash sfx means he's using light magic (I never said it was limited to the movement spell btw so please don't put words in my mouth)

If he is using his magic, Patry has no reason to use his magic for anything other than the movement spell in this instance.

Finally, he's moving just like when he uses the movement spell

Therefore he uses light magic. Simple

Also that specific spell is the exact same one Raia used when the Third Eye first showed up in the series and the one Patry used against Yami, both of which were stated to be light speed. As it’s the same thing, this is also light speed and trying to say it’s not only because of the time it took disregards the likelihood of it being a case of PIS that is done to move the plot forward regardless of it realistically not taking so much time.

The Flash sfx means he's using light magic
I never said he was not using magic, I literally said the opposite.
If he's using magic then he is using a spell
Not necessarily, Black Clover characters are able to use magic without any spells. Magic is the source of potency and spells are something that makes it work in different ways. One of the first chapters shows that a character can easily manipulate magic without any spells. He may simply have flown in this case (What is common), it is not often that he uses this ability
Finally, he's moving just like when he uses the movement spell
No, It is interesting to note that at this moment he has an aura of light, which does not happen when he uses the movement at the speed of light. I really don't remember a single moment where an aura of light appeared during the technique when it was explicitly used. For example
  • Licht attack Yami
  • During the fight against Yami he was using light speed movement to dodge Yami's attacks, and at no time did he glow while he was dodging
  • Raia attack Yami
In none of these cases is there any aura of light. Come on, Licht are able to fly without the need for a spell. You assume that Licht is using light speed magic on the basis of none

I never said he was not using magic, I literally said the opposite.
Then if you agree with the fact that he uses light magic to move, then he's using the light movement spell....
Not necessarily, Black Clover characters are able to use magic without any spells. Magic is the source of potency and spells are something that makes it work in different ways. One of the first chapters shows that a character can easily manipulate magic without any spells. He may simply have flown in this case (What is common), it is not often that he uses this ability
Irrelevant to my point. Why would he use magic for anything other than the movement in this instance?
No, It is interesting to note that at this moment he has an aura of light, which does not happen when he uses the movement at the speed of light. II really don't remember a single moment where an aura of light appeared during the technique when it was explicitly used.
The movement spell has an aura...

Here too

And here as well

And most importantly here

So Yeah, he is using a movement spell

Then if you agree with the fact that he uses light magic to move, then he's using the light movement spell....
Because there is no justification for why he is specifically using the speed of light at this moment, and there are contradictions. And as I am saying in other comments, he can use magic without the need for spells
Irrelevant to my point. Why would he use magic for anything other than the movement in this instance?
He used magic, but he didn't use a spell. Magic and spells are different things that complement each other. A person can use magic without spells, it is a logical reasoning. I literally showed you an example where a character is able to use magic in many ways without using spells. You are not explaining anything
In this case it seems to be only at the beginning of the movement, because afterwards there is no light
No aura in scan
In this case the aura of light is natural, even when they are doing nothing the aura of light exists. This is irrelevant

Actually, this thread should be closed. At first it was just to show the calculation errors, but then people decided to show other things that are wrong in the profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back