• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BLACK CLOVER CRT (GOD TIER): THE LEGEND OF THE BUDDHA AND THE DRAGON

I mean just because it is BC's Japan does not mean it's our Japan guys...

Irregardless, the size is too inconsistent to use for a KE calc

These Dragons are very clearly not 100 Kilometers in height, Tabata is just sucking at doing sizes again

I wouldn't use images showing human characters next to giant things as evidence against their size, since the author has no other option to represent the scene and keep it meaningful.

Drawing a dot and expecting people to know that dot is the character would be disingenuous.

As for the scenes in which the dragons are depicted as being comparable in size to that giant castle and buildings... they really don't make much sense? How is it that these dragons can be seen all over the country and the castle can't? It's very likely that the size of these buildings is not represented as it should be, otherwise they would be just as visible as the dragons from afar.

Last edited:
As for the scenes in which the dragons are depicted as being comparable in size to that giant castle and buildings... they really don't make much sense? How is it that these dragons can be seen all over the country and the castle can't? It's very likely that the size of these buildings is not represented as it should be, otherwise they would be just as visible as the dragons from afar.
Perhaps it is the dragons which are being misrepresented to appear bigger than they should be?

I find that hard to believe when the dragons are consistently portrayed to be visible from other parts of the country, while things such as the buildings and the castle are not.
It's extremely inconsistent in terms of size, so a calc that's value is based solely on the size of the thing shouldn't be used when the size isn't even consistent

It's extremely inconsistent in terms of size, so a calc that's value is based solely on the size of the thing shouldn't be used when the size isn't even consistent
Man you just keep repeating that over and over despite what's being said about how it's always shown to be towering over the country and visible from another part of it

Like, my man, my buddy ol' pal... Come on 😭

I can see where the dissenters are coming from on the end of inconsistent visuals a bit. Although, I agree with Therefir in that using the shots comparing extremely large scale objects with extremely small scale objects isn't going to lead to accurate depictions of either. Which leaves us with a handful of shots where the dragon is comparable to the buildings/mountains and a handful where it is comparable to the country itself.

Regarding the Land of the Sun not being comparable to irl Japan, that's an asinine claim to make. Are we going to now default assume that all fictional Earths are not comparable to our Earth? All USAs in fiction aren't comparable to our USA? Etc, etc, etc. There is an extreme plethora of evidence for BC Japan being a self-insert of irl Japan. If you want to claim it isn't you need to provide ample counter-evidence for it not being comparable to irl Japan. So, as it stands, the most likely and probable claim is that this land mass named and drawn to be a replica of Japan is comparable to Japan.

Now, what can we do with what we have? Personally, I think an average would be a great compromise. There's like a couple valid shots portraying the dragon as small and a couple portraying it as big. A rather even split, averaging them would account for both the establishing shots of the dragon and the later inconsistencies with the size. Considering we've got a CGM split on the calc itself too (seems like Clover and Therefir support while Damage and Mitch don't), so I think it's super fair to pursue the compromise.

Last edited:
Since I made a blog calculatig the dragon's height with 2 different panels, I should just do the same with the other panels and see where it goes from there.

Any luck?
All I got so far

I did it with a couple of rules in mind, such as not scaling humans and other small small constructs to the dragon (Since they are never properly scaled when they're next to each other) and not use overly incoherent panels like the ones where the buildings are relevant to the Dragon when they shouldn't be

I also tried to mostly use the panels where the dragon is detailed.

There's still a bunch of them to make, I think, but you can already see a pattern

Last edited:
I mean it was already concluded before the disagreements came in, and we replied to the disagreements by establishing the most consistent size using both the Narrative and the important panels

The only thing left to do is to let this thread die or close it

Also, I asked @Armorchompy a hypothetical question on sizes but only left out that it was a dragon, I explained that this hypothetical object is depicted as larger than mountains and buildings and can be seen on the other side of the country. I even showed him the result of multiple size calcs from here that we can find the average from.

He believes that the size is consistent after seeing the trend in results however if it were to be inconsistent that an average is a fine compromise.

will edit this message with screenshots

edit: nah nvm. I just realized the verse is almost 200 petatons. So I’ll let this die out.

Last edited:
Back