• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bizarro's page am good (Bizarro rework)

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Our Bizarro page is bad. I'm not blaming anyone for that, because Bizarro is a deceptively complex character with a bizarrely (hey) complicated history (for reference, there are like, 10 different Bizarro's in the main canons) and our page composites quite a few of them, under the justification that they're all the same, but theyre not. Bizarro the Second (the 'main' Bizarro of the New Earth/Post Crisis continuity) displayed feats far greater than Bizarro the First, and many Bizarro incarnations are explicitly far weaker then Superman.

Even ignoring the composite stuff, the page is very surface level and doesn't go into many of Bizarro's actual feats and abilities. This is especially evident in his intelligence section, as he's far smarter then he initially seems.

All that said, here's a rework for Bizarro's page that I wrote. This is based off of Bizarro the Second of the Post-Crisis continuity. I will be working on Post-Flashpoint Bizarro's later, as there are three noteworthy ones. I went ahead and made a page for B-0, so only Bizarro the Second (Post-Flashpoint) and the Bizarro of Earth 29 need pages.

tenor.gif

The first feat linked in the Resistance to Mind Manip shows the wrong album. The rest is all correct, you may nuke our Bizarro page and create yours.

Beyond me why people put him up against Beta Ray Bill, a better match-up would be Shadow Kirby, a (gray) alt. version of the hero who tries to be good but antagonizes due to his lack of intelligence.

I think there should be more emphasis on Bizarro's weird mentality. Otherwise it looks good.

Also, I'm taking this chance to ask two Bizarro-related questions:

-From which comics the SI feats are from?
-I clearly remember something like Bizarro being as strong as Superman, but only against Superman. Does anyone knows which Bizarro had this?

I think there should be more emphasis on Bizarro's weird mentality. Otherwise it looks good.

Also, I'm taking this chance to ask two Bizarro-related questions:

-From which comics the SI feats are from?
-I clearly remember something like Bizarro being as strong as Superman, but only against Superman. Does anyone knows which Bizarro had this?
All feats are cited, but for these it's Superman/Batman Voll 1 24-25 and Superman Vol 2 221. Though as Impy pointed out, they should probably be moved to intelligence instead.

As for your other question, I'm not sure. Most of his major incarnations that I know of have showings against characters generally accepted to be Superman level, though it could be some throwaway weakness writers forgot about or some adaptation thing.

@Eficiente nte Good catch, but sadly I can't find the scan that it was supposed to be from. Since MMH can't even scan his mind, I think the resistance should stay at least.

Also the album for "Supergirl can't hurt him" doesn't support that statement. It needs a follow up image showing that Bizzaro wasn't hurt since it ends with him being punched into the ocean.

Also the album for "Supergirl can't hurt him" doesn't support that statement. It needs a follow up image showing that Bizzaro wasn't hurt since it ends with him being punched into the ocean.
That's the entire scene, so maybe I should reword it to 'Supergirl was unable to hurt him with a punch' or 'unaffected by a punch from Supergirl' instead.

As for the image. I'm usually not a fan of McGuinnes's artwork (and his cursed Grundy artwork) but I guess it works better for Bizarro since it does capture more of te spirit of the character.

This image would be better.
@Eficiente nte Good catch, but sadly I can't find the scan that it was supposed to be from. Since MMH can't even scan his mind, I think the resistance should stay at least.
Of course. The profile can also have a note pointing out the feat and how we don't know from which comic it is, as comics are special.

I'm usually not a fan of McGuinnes's artwork
One of us

I believe Qawsedf's suggestion regarding supergirl will be better. Tho I am fine with current one myself because iirc he wasn't really hurt by her in that arc. Unless I am thinking of something else?

This seems fine to apply to me as well, if it has not been so already.

I would much prefer if you keep his current header image though.

Back