• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Birdman vs Bear Bear

They both have decently good range. Harvey does have flight and is a good decent stronger and tougher. But if he plays a flying game. Naughty says no with a gun. If he plays up close. Naughty says no with pressure points, Fear hacks, paralyzing, or many other hacks. Or his flat out undeniably better close up skills and weapons. Naughty cuts him down to size

Same reasons Frank vs Sport is fair

Harvey's got some stuff that would go for him. More Experience, a defense via light shield, and Flight being able to give him mobility. Even if they both can shoot attacks at each other, he still is more mobile in the air

Yet isn't one of his weaknesses that he is comepltely rusty even with all of his experience? He hasn't fought in forever meaning that who knows if he could get back into this mindset, the light shield is a moot point imo considering it only delays an inevitable and flight barely helps because a hail of bullets he can't dodge.

Naughty outhaxes him so hard it's not funny, he can just teleport right next to Harvey and hax him to death quite literally, has more AP, lifting strength, is smarter, more durable, more weaponry, more variety, that I have no idea how Harvey could possibly win this. This seems incredibly stompy even at first glance (and frankly makes Harvey feel like a punching bag)

He is rusty yes. Still more experienced. And he did actually fight in the series. He just is a lawyer and doesn't do the fighting a lot. At most he faces a lot of skirmishes. They try and shoot him, he blocks and slaps them. Or they shrink him, he lasers them. They grow him back and it's over. The only full on fight he was in on the show was the final episode, and that was with his strongest foe. So he is rusty, but he still has that experience shown in that fight. And while a 3rd rate superhero. He still has skill. The shield is note mute at all. Being able to block attacks and fire back at the same time is a good thing to have. A shield is definitely not mute. Deflecting attacks and damage. And naughty ain't gonna go duel wield or anything with guns. At most we see him holding a gun and a melee weapon at once. But he doesn't go two machine guns full attack.

Naughty could. Doesn't mean he is gonna. At most he uses it for stealth, to possibly get away from danger, and or close some distance. Not to teleport behind him and slap him. And naughty can't teleport into the air. Even if he could, he can't fly. Harvey would use mobility likely.

And some of those were only just recent. This was made pre to him being both stronger and LS higher. But Harvey still holds experience, mobility, and his shield

And if you're really using the argument, why did you do Frank vs Sportucus? Frank West vs a weaker, less tough, man who doesn't really fight, No combat experience, no real combat training as far as we know, lacking his main energy source of sports candy, with no range.

I mean okay but he's been in one fight which doesn't really compare nor does it prepare him for what's going to happen. Hell, I'm pretty sure he starts in range of Naughty'sempathic hax, and I've been told in previous threads (the spiderman thread in particular) that he teleports in and uses his empathic hax so really I need to know what exactly he does, and even then I'm still iffy. Naughty holds just about every single advantage here and I literally cannot see a way for Harvey to win and you haven't explained a way for him to win, just pointing out some advantages. Having one or two advantages doesn't make it not a stomp.

Two wrongs don't make a right my man. Can't use other battles to excuse yourself becuase that's going to open a huge can of worms and trust me when I say you definitely don't want to go down there.

I don't know where Bluu is getting his info on how naughty uses his teleportation. Naughty would utilize teleport to get out of site, close distance when out of site, and or Possibly get away from danger (that's how all unibears utilize the ability, which naughty is one). Naughty wouldn't open with teleporting close and spooking him. He would try getting away more times than getting close.

Harvey can win through mobility, his shield, and experience. Which flying around is in character. Using the height to stay from naughtys range of fear would be something he would use more times. If he tries close up combat, which he may a few times, he does get a good whooping. But his advantages come in the experience, in character flight, and shield which he can easily use to where down naughty. Being higher also does make him stronger, cause he shares the Superman thing. Sun = Good

This ain't a wrong. Harvey can win, and has some advantages. What's a wrong is doing the same, but to a much less fair degree, and then getting on someone else about their thread. I honestly didn't care enough to say much of anything. But if your honestly gonna call this one out, I'm gonna say something.

Harvey has several meters with energy blast, Naughty has tens of meters with Boo, meaning that Harvey needs to get into Boo range to even land a hit, also they start at the maximum range of this fight since you didn't in fact specify, and even if they start within range, Harvey needs to put himself into hax range to even make an attempt to put him down. That alone should already declare this a stomp honestly.

The profile straight up says he's rusty meaning that experience still means very little becuase he's not going to be nearly as skilled due to a long time of not fighting at all. Literally al of his advantages are put down becuase he needs to put himself within Boo range to even hit Naughty.

Not gonna comment on that. This doesn't change my opinion on the fight.

It shouldn't be. It's fired across city blocks before. It's got tens of meters to dozens. I can fix that.

That's not what rusty means at all. It means he hasn't fought in a while. Being rusty just means you aren't at your peak do go a lack of keeping up with it. He hasn't fought a lot. At most. Small skirmishes, and then the final fight in the end. But he I believe it's years of combat experience in his past. Someone who constantly plays and speed runs games is gonna be a bit rust if they take a two month break from playing them. That's essentially it for Harvey. He hasn't been doing his crime fighting a while, so he is rusty

...then why did his profole come like that in the first place?

Isnt naughty Bear still pretty experienced and skilled either way, however? Like, it's not like Harvey is going to totally put skill, and heck his experience could possibly not mean much against Naughty if it's not against people like him. I'm still pretty sure that, unless Harvey has been shown to dodge a bunch of machine gun fire, flight doesn't help much in this situation.

I don't know. He shouldn't be that low. That may just be a typo. But I know and can show where he Shoots tens to dozens of meters. In the final episode. Even tags the gorilla guy who's like towers over a building on his chest.

Not as experienced. He has experience from his two games. But nothing to suggest a degree like Harvey, who was a crime fighter for quite a long time. It offers help since he has had to deal with guns and has his shield to deflect the bullets. It's not like the billets are extremely wide spread. He would have to be careful, but he knows what guns do, he knows to watch out.

Okay I guess I'll let that slide.

But I mean it's not only guns he has to worry about considering Naughty still has that huge arsenal. He wouldn't be expecting boos anytime soon, Naughty can literally shoot him with lightning which is just as unexpected, he can summon the undead as well, and generally has way too much for Harvey to even consider taking down on his own considering his general weaknesses and lack of variety to help him out here.

Theres also that regen that, while maybe not too great, is going to make it even harder. Overall, I still think this is a pretty bad stomp all things considered. Outhaxed, weaker, less variety, less lifting strength, less intelligence, less range, fighting someone who is incredibly skilled as stated on his profile, is a master with the weapons he used, and is just as likely to sneak up on Harvey and kill him before he even knows what's going on.

And you know, that's without thinking if Harvey goes for range either way. They still start at kilometers apart either way due to Naughty's range with lightning as well iirc.

I'll fix that up in a moment. But that's his range.

Plenty of people have a huge arsenal. And sometimes that can mean very little. Especially since a large portion is useless unless being up close. He basically has Guns in his arsenal that matter. So that's all Harvey has to worry about realistically (other than lightning, but that's a later point). The undead does nothing really, they to my recollection don't utilize range weapons at all. So all they can do is walk around. And that just further keels Harvey in the air. Lack of variety still won't effect blasting them till they are dead. Or not worrying about them at all, since they don't use guns or range (I believe. I don't recall a zombear can use them). As far as the lightning point, that's less a reason to stomp, more just a reason he has a better chance of winning. It's not like Harvey can't just dodging it. It isn't one shotting him or anything.

Harvey can cover the distance with his wings pretty easily. It may start like that. But naughty ain't gonna start spamming bolts.

I made my argument and I refuse to go in circles with this. Look, I'll just let people think what they think, and if this gets mindlessly FRA'd I'll bring it up again but I am not gonna be having an argument like this going into the dead of night becuase there's no way it's good for me

Back