• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bioshock Discussion Thread

Considering that Bioshock is one of my favorite franchises of all times, I decided to create this thread to discuss the series. I am surprised this wasn't made earlier, but better late than never.

So, here is the Bioshock Discussion Thread!

H2x1_NSwitch_BioShockTheCollection.jpg

This thread will be used to discuss the entirety of Bioshock's franchise and its games, both pasts and futures.
To start things off, what are your predictions for the upcoming game? Where will it be set and what will happen in your opinion?

Tbh, the Sonic movie gave me new hope for movies insipires by videogames.
Netflix made a fantastic job with Arcane, making what is in my opinion one of the best series of the 2021, and considering that 2K is personally working in this I want to give this a chance.
I always thought that an adaptation of Bioshock have a huge potential, so I am curious of seeing what they will do with it.

Yeah, it can be either a really good movie or a complete trainwreck.
I want to be optimistic about this project, but just in case I will prepare for the worst too.

Holy shit this exists!
Since this Thread exists now, maybe Bioshock will get some more Threads made.
Actually I was hoping someone else could do it. I've finished Bioshock 2 so I'd like some scans for this CRT to explain the missing abilities

If none of you can, I might try to download a recording software but the best I can do is demonstrate Scout and Natural Camouflage

Also I'm planning on making Jack vs Eraser Head someday but it'll be a while

For Scout the explanation video of the Plasmid might be useful.
For the other abilties I don't know what scans can be added. When I have a bit of time I will try to search for something useful.

I found a better Feat to Calc. You know that first Big Sister that you can actually kill in Ryan Amusements? Well it has a Telekinesis Feat where she rips off the big metal door in front of you and shreds it to pieces while simultaneously pulling you towards her to attack you. I'm gonna see if I can get a clip of that.

Just edit the verse's page, write down your username under the "Supporter" section and link your account to that text.

That'll add you to the list of Supporters.
Would love to do that but I literally can't edit anything on Mobile. I'll have to ask someone else to do it for me.

I'm surprised that Subject Sigma doesn't have a Profile given that he practically has all of Delta's Powers and then a couple extra ones, including a whole ass new weapon.

I think I've almost completely fixed Delta's Profile now. The only thing I'm kinda iffy on is his LS and Speed.
Son of a bitch, I forgot about his Attack Reflection with the final Drill Upgrade and his Resistance to Explosions with his Launcher. Remember, his Launcher prevents him from taking damage from explosions. Weirdly specific but OK.

Okay, I don't know how many Bioshock calcs have come out since then.

But my 8-C calc needs to be removed from any profiles or scaling. Since first off, the calc is bogus since I think the formula being used is outdated. Also the fact that fire hasn't completely filled that entire volume of space. So the results would actually be much lower than what I have. Have no idea what I was doing there.

I'm also confusing light from the fire, as the actually fire itself as well.

Along with the fact that this wouldn't scale to a person's physical abilities in the first place. Temperature change isn't AP, and hitting someone with this energy wouldn't be 8-C. That discussion happened in a thread way after I did the 8-C calc. So yeah I don't know what rating they'd be, maybe still 8-C or 9-A+ from a new calc I noticed.

Honestly I'm not very knowledgeable about Bioshock, and I'm not certain where I should bring this up. So my apologies if this is not appropriate.

Didn't know when to bring it up, but when I saw a 9-A+ calc I realized that now is the best chance. Since if there is nothing else to keep them at 8-C, at least the drop wouldn't be so big. 0.19 vs 0.31 isn't all that big, right?

Also doesn't help I'm not really in the know of Bioshock, so I made that calc in the moment. Honestly I was attempting to downgrade the verse when I made it, but ended up keeping them at 8-C. I wasn't expecting my results to be that high, though in hindsight I should've noticed some issues even back then.

That's my bad.

I gotta figure out a way to fix that many Profiles now when I'm stuck on Mobile which refuses to let me edit said Profiles.

OK, what the hell do the Bioshock Infinite Characters Scale too since their Calc is now invalid? Do they scale to the Rapture Characters in anyway? I never played Infinite so I don't know.

Booker fought a Bouncer as a boss in the Burial at Sea DLC, which takes place in Rapture.

However that Big Daddy didn't die, he knocked it down for awhile but it got back up and killed him. And when you take control of Elizabeth, the game makes it clear that you cannot even harm the Big Daddy and must avoid it. Basically Booker can only put a Bouncer down temporarily, and that is after a very difficult fight.

So I'm not certain on how that works for scaling. Maybe he could've killed it had he known it wasn't dead and kept attacking it.

Booker fought a Bouncer as a boss in the Burial at Sea DLC, which takes place in Rapture.

However that Big Daddy didn't die, he knocked it down for awhile but it got back up and killed him. And when you take control of Elizabeth, the game makes it clear that you cannot even harm the Big Daddy and must avoid it. Basically Booker can only put a Bouncer down temporarily, and that is after a very difficult fight.

So I'm not certain on how that works for scaling. Maybe he could've killed it had he known it wasn't dead and kept attacking it.
So basically he's weaker than Jack, who can kill a Bouncer in a 1v1 with just a Wrench.

Oh yeah, the Big Daddy was like Booker's final boss and he failed to put it down.

While in gameplay you can take hits. In the cutscene the Bouncer's drill just pierced straight through him, and he even has a magnetic forcefield shield around him as well. Despite it the drill went straight through him. Maybe it was down, but he was massively inferior to a single Big Daddy.

While it was an alternate universe Booker. Main Game Booker has no reason to scale to anything from Rapture so... yeah.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the Big Daddy was like Booker's final boss and he failed to put it down.

While in gameplay you can take hits. In the cutscene the Bouncer's drill just pierced straight through him, and he even has a magnetic forcefield shield around him as well. Despite it the drill went straight through him. Maybe it was down, but he was massively inferior to a single Big Daddy.

While it was an alternate universe Booker. Main Game Booker has no reason to scale to anything from Rapture so... yeah.
So what, split him into two different Keys?

No, the Burial at Sea version shouldn't be all that different.

Well there is a weird thing about them that are... well weird is all I can say regarding Booker's identity. They be basically the same, no reason to split them up.

In the end I can't say what Booker should scale to. I'd say Baseline 9-B at the worst but I can't really think of any feats right now. I could look through Bioshock Infinite... but I'm honestly not in any mood to actually go through the game and look for feats. Would have to redownload it as well.

So, 10-A or Unknown hype?

No, the Burial at Sea version shouldn't be all that different.

Well there is a weird thing about them that are... well weird is all I can say regarding Booker's identity. They be basically the same, no reason to split them up.

In the end I can't say what Booker should scale to. I'd say Baseline 9-B at the worst but I can't really think of any feats right now. I could look through Bioshock Infinite... but I'm honestly not in any mood to actually go through the game and look for feats. Would have to redownload it as well.

So, 10-A or Unknown hype?
So I just went and watched said Boss Fight and that Bouncer was Cracked Out. Like it's ******* drill could fire off like a Grappling Hook and it could jump around the area. Also I looked up his Shield and it basically functions like the Energy Shields in Halo in the way that if you stop taking damage long enough, it will start to Recharge. So basically the Bouncer could hit Booker through his Shield and still kill him in one direct hit with the drill. Also, that Bouncer was technically fighting a 2v1 since Booker had Elizabeth helping him by summoning shit to help him, like more ammo and fighters to help so it was more like a 3v1 if you wanna get really technical and they still didn't actually kill it, just knocked it out if what you said was accurate to what it looked like. I mean the game says the Bouncer is a Corpse when you try to loot it but it's Corpse was empty so idk.

The game is weird, and being an alternate universe Big Daddy can also cause some possible confusion. Though the drill launch thing was explained as something too unstable, as whatever they used to power it didn't mix well with the Big Daddies and weren't going to be used anymore. Maybe it was stronger or something, I don't know.

But regardless there isn't really anything to scale Booker to from Rapture even if that was the case. So without their own feats, 10-A or Unknown is the best I can think of.

Back