• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bill Cipher ("Restricted") Downgrade (I May be incorrect in this one) and other Gravity falls stuff

(This is mostly an Opinion But I've tried adding some evidence) I know many of you won't agree with this but I think Bill Cipher killing Time Baby is not a Low 2-C feat. Why you might ask? If Bill Cipher can control Time as he said after killing Time Baby, we would have seen him affecting other timelines (he would have affected the episodes before the finale which may be a plot hole). He said that he has molecular Manipulation (similar to Dr. Mannhatten) which I think maybe putting him in the "Hax" catagory of why Time Baby died. I honestly think that Bill during this phase should be Unknown, possibly 7-B (depends on how big the weirdness bubble is he can't do more destruction more than the bubble) Also his durability seems pretty weak (he struggled against the Shacktron which is the mystery shack as a machine) Maybe Bill with his Weirdness Bubble might possibly be 6-C (depends on how big Mable Land is) So yeah that is what I have to say Bill Cipher contains Hax but never showed to actually be low 2-C (Time Baby may have a much weaker durability than his AP)

Aside from Bill Cipher, his friends should scale with the Shacktron which would be 8-C (based on size) or so (most of them lost against it but it seems that Xanthar is the strongest based on what we've seen) this would be Bill's friends during restriction.

Time baby needs to have Immortality type 3 and regen Mid Godly (assuming if he can regenerate from everything but it takes 1000 years for him to be whole again in his abilities.

Mabel needs her Minscape Tier to be added (11-A) in her profile and also Soos needs it added.

If I'm incorrect about Bill Cipher needing a downgrade please justify why Below

EDIT: I'm saying that the reason Bill was able to beat Time Baby is because his attack ignored his durability

Time Baby controls the main GF timeline and is capable of creating wishes which can rewrite the whole thing, which he can then grant to others as he sees fit. This is Low 2-C. Bill would not be able to kill a being like this with basic durability negation. The bubble he created to contain Mabel was also a pocket dimension containing quite literally infinite energy, which was the explanation for why anything and everything its prisoner thought of or desired could be instantly achieved or granted. That in itself is already a High 3-A feat. It was also stated that should he break free of Gravity Falls' weirdness magnetism bubble, his influence would quickly spread over the globe, and soonafter the rest of the universe.

Bill struggling with the Shacktron can very easily be explained by the fact it was covered in an anti-weirdness field which negated his powers, and if you want to argue that said field only accounts for durability, then him having any sort of trouble is still massive PIS, since he takes it out by simply pulling off one of its legs. Him not thinking to do this almost immediately is massive CIS.

I don't think the mindscape is inherently lower dimensional. It is more likely a parallel plane of reality. If it was 2-D or lower, Bill wouldn't have been able to stop the universe's time, manipulate matter and reality, or possess people while still limited to the mindscape.

I guess so but I still think Bill's friends should be around the same tier as the Shacktron which is 8-C or higher

He can make wishes happen. That's not really impressive. Any sort of time travel disrupts timelines. I don't see where you guys came to the conclusion that he's universeal because of one of the potential effects of time travel or alteration found in media.

His "influence" is very vague, and I only remember ruling the galaxy being mentioned which isn't even a direct feat, more of yet another statement you all blow to high proportions and "ruling" over something doesn't equate to having the power to destroy it.

And just saying it had infinite energy isn't exactly good enough proof. The size of said dimension was small, and again, making anything the user wants or wishes is clear hyperbole and not true by the fact she couldn't control the place after she made up with Dipper by overcoming the very clear weakness it had. Besides, it's magic/hax at best, not something he can do normally or something that would be effective in a fight. Also sounds NLF-y.

His speed is literally not even impressive at all, his DC is only around maybe Town level at best (same goes for durability, as notice he never EVERYTHING tanks an attack of his own or even really has any high showing of durability in general, and his regen isn't all that good either, as his eye takes a decent amount of time to come back). His hax is quite literally the only thing that makes him impressive. That's all.

I don't care what you guys tell me, I'm NOT changing my mind about some overly wanked character.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Time travel disrupting timelines is very, very different than a character being able to alter a timeline in any way they please under their own power.

The influence is in regard to the OP mentioning his weirdness only covered Gravity Falls, despite the fact that we have a very clear reason for that.

There is a lot wrong with this third point. First, the pocket reality itself was not exactly small. It was likely not the size of a full universe, but it was far from as small as the outside of the bubble would suggest. You also say that making anything the user wants (by 3-D standards) is clear hyperbole, despite the fact that this is explicitly how the bubble functions. You're also stating that Mabel being unable to control the bubble after it revolted against her since she was trying to leave is proof of it not having infinite energy, which is...completely nonsensical, to say the least. You also say that this is something that is purely magic/hax and he can't use effectively otherwise...why? It was created and maintained entirely under his own power. The energy that composed the bubble was his. It's also not NLF in the slightest when we're fully aware of exactly how the thing functions and what its restrictions are. It contains an infinite amount of energy which allows your desires to be completely and utterly fulfilled. If you wanted the power to destroy a multiverse, not gonna happen, since that's not something infinite amounts of 3-D energy can achieve.

Speed was mentioned...when, again? Also, refusing to change your mind even if evidence is provided against your opinion with the logic of "I don't care what you tell me" is a faulty point to stand on, since it effectively means you are not open to any debate. I suggest you check out Journal 3 if you honestly believe Bill caps at Town level.

Foxthefox1000 said:
(same goes for durability, as notice he never EVERYTHING tanks an attack of his own or even really has any high showing of durability in general, and his regen isn't all that good either, as his eye takes a decent amount of time to come back).
Didn't notice this one at first, but let's cover this, too. Remember how Ford tried to shoot Bill with a gun specifically meant to blast things into nonexistence, and because he didn't land a direct hit, Bill just regenerated instantly? Compare this to the instance in which Bill is hindered by spray paint so that two main characters can escape from him. One of these is consistent with being an extradimensional entity who has demonstrated control over space-time even before being able to fully enter the third dimension, and one very much isn't.

@Azzy This reminds me. If we're going to say Bill one-shotting Time Baby is a Low 2-C feat, shouldn't we change TB's dura to Universe Level+? Instead of how it is right now where he is Unknown via getting one-shot by Bill.

Alright. Should we make that change or wait to see what Ant or others say?

SomebodyData said:
Bump, I don't think that answered his questio
That was the joke (though we were talking about it in the thread on my wall lol), but seriously, yes. I'd like Ant's input on the Time Baby thing.

Only thing I have to add is that the Shacktron was being powered by Ford's portal device, a machine that caused massive disturbances in gravity just as a sideeffect of turning on in addition to creating a link to where Ford had been. The shack had a good deal of energy going through it in addition to the wards around it which would account for Bill's struggle with it.

I am fine with adjusting Time Baby's rating, if it is more consistent.

Cohobast said:
Only thing I have to add is that the Shacktron was being powered by Ford's portal device, a machine that caused massive disturbances in gravity just as a sideeffect of turning on in addition to creating a link to where Ford had been. The shack had a good deal of energy going through it in addition to the wards around it which would account for Bill's struggle with it.
Sorry to be waking up this again, but it was told that the portal could tear the fabric of all reality.

Back