• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

big PvZ Upgrades and changes part 1/?

ok them, but still, we should focus In doing the chain from the start, can you find someone to help calculating the winter melon feat? (and the Cherry bomb explosion also would be great)
The winter melon feat luckily is pre-calculated, so the current ranking should be accurate

ok, in my opinion that feat should be more than just freezing a human being, it clearly frozen a larger amount of zombies and a good part of the ground, it's ok that there were 3 watermelons thrown, but I still think that if I calculate this feat correctly, it would get a different result.

ok, in my opinion that feat should be more than just freezing a human being, it clearly frozen a larger amount of zombies and a good part of the ground, it's ok that there were 3 watermelons thrown, but I still think that if I calculate this feat correctly, it would get a different result.
perhaps, but also perhaps not
although I think a reliable thing would be to have the power required to freeze a gargantuar be estimated, which could give it a more significant boost in tier

just speaking through pure intuition, gargantuars would probs require around 3 times the power to freeze in such a way, therfore granting a much higher value for being able to tank hits from winter melon (albeit being frozen due to it as well)

Last edited:
just speaking through pure intuition, gargantuars would probs require around 3 times the power to freeze in such a way, therfore granting a much higher value for being able to tank hits from winter melon (albeit being frozen due to it as well)
going back in my mind, I think It's fair to compare the gargantuar AP to 3X the explosion of cherry bombs, the cherry bomb should be a lot strongher than the wintermelon, but It's AP should be calculated as well in my opinion

You didn't do a very good job with this revision in my opinion when it comes to those of use who need to evaluate this who aren't knowledgeable on this verse. I'll explain why below.
ok, I'll just make this quick
winter melon's attacks are considered to be 9-A, and browncoat zombies are capable of surviving the attacks
all the pvz1 low tiers should be given small 9-A immediately, as well as resistance to extreme colds due to being able to survive being frozen
You should link the Winter Melon's page, otherwise how are we suppose to know it's attacks are 9-A? Same goes for the Browncoat Zombies surviving said attacks.

Until then, I can't simply agree with what you're saying. The scaling would be fine if you could provide the necessary links.
also zombie durability should scale to their attack thanks to hypno shroom, so 9-A AP is also something to be added
What is a hypno shroom and how does it prove their durability scales to their attack potency?
and wall nut should also have durability changed to 9-A thanks to
1. In wall nut bowling it can damage zombies without being damaged itself
2. literally just the hp values, cherry bomb uses damage so I'm gonna assume that game mechanics are fine with a verse like pvz
3. being able to take hits from plant head zombies in zombotany, and also wall nut head zombies tanking hits from plants
give wallnut 9-A AP via wallnut bowling as well
Damaging a Zombie wouldn't be considered 9-A as you've yet to provide a link to the 9-A character the Zombies scale to. I'm not going to comment on game mechanics and it's usability since I don't know the verse.
now as for some more stuff
cherry bomb is capable of one shotting 9-A characters, and then giga gargantuar can survive three of those cherry bombs, and giga gargantuars gets one shot by lawnmower, which then gets easily crushed by the attacks of zomboss, who also can TANK a ton of jalapeno attacks which are equivalent to cherry bomb
and then, if we're gonna go even further
so yeah, I think it's pretty clear at this point that pvz1 capping out at 9-A is a bit unrealistic
and as I mentioned before, cherry bomb already has damage values listed on it's profiles, and if we're using those then we can easily get characters like gargantuar, zomboss and cherry bomb itself to 8-C
This is just basic scaling and we don't upscale to the next tier unless the characters are close to the upper border of the next tier. With that said, I'm going to disagree with this unless you provide a link to the 9-A/Small Building level+ feat.
also why tf doesn't pvz2 plants scale to pvz1 plants? They're literally the same plants, and it's already pretty obvious pvz1 plants are similar in scaling because of the above stuff mentioned. + both pvz1 and 2 key feats come from the comics, so they should be the same
I cannot comment on the how accurate this is because I don't know the verse.
another point but I didn't really know how to fit it in the post, so I'll just dump it at the bottom:
the justification for wall level is weird because
1. Yeti is much stronger than browncoat, they shouldn't really be comparable to eachother
2. digger zombie uses tools to dig, so if anything it should be a speed feat
supported by the fact that doom shroom, who should be far stronger, barely makes a little hole in the same lawn? Just, these are very weird things with the profile
and 3. peashooter making a head fly away being wall level is questionable af to say the least
Again, this is something that should be discussed with knowledgeable members of the verse.

You should link the Winter Melon's page, otherwise how are we suppose to know it's attacks are 9-A? Same goes for the Browncoat Zombies surviving said attacks.
it has no page for some reason, which is annoying
What is a hypno shroom and how does it prove their durability scales to their attack potency?
hypno shrooms make zombies attack other zombies when eaten
Damaging a Zombie wouldn't be considered 9-A as you've yet to provide a link to the 9-A character the Zombies scale to. I'm not going to comment on game mechanics and it's usability since I don't know the verse.
I'm probably gonna ditch all the game mechanics stuff
This is just basic scaling and we don't upscale to the next tier unless the characters are close to the upper border of the next tier. With that said, I'm going to disagree with this unless you provide a link to the 9-A/Small Building level+ feat.
sure

true but its's about the melon to zombie ratio
more zombies than melons, and in-game winter melon is capable of freezing multiple zombies with splash damage which supports it
Yes yes, just think It's important to mention z the rest is Fine, you alread putted me in the agree ones? And don't forget that for now the browcoat is scaled to the yeti

I think the yeti scaling thing will be worthless once the winter melon scaling applies, so yeah that would be erased anyways

Back