• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BIG POKEMON UPGRADES

So no multiplier/scaling chain for these two?
basically

megas > Marrowak with thick club = 2x 3.1gt

G-max > 5x attack from ash's pikachu (Pikachu 2x, Dragonite 2x, Riolu 1x)

Leon's Charizard at least > 2.5x as he used a super-effective move to take out a g-max

I've finished updating gen 4 profiles. One other thing I'd like to do is to update the calculations section in the verse page, removing any unaccepted calculations and separating it into relevant and supporting calculations. I made a draft of what I mean here.

I've finished updating gen 4 profiles. One other thing I'd like to do is to update the calculations section in the verse page, removing any unaccepted calculations and separating it into relevant and supporting calculations. I made a draft of what I mean here.
I feel like keeping some would be fine as otherwise it'd be a pain to find. Or you can just make a blog "poke-calcs archive" and add them

I feel like keeping some would be fine as otherwise it'd be a pain to find. Or you can just make a blog "poke-calcs archive" and add them
I mean, we shouldn't list unaccepted calcs. Though all of the main calcs used for scaling have been accepted anyway so it doesn't really affect much, just a bit of clean-up really.

I mean, we shouldn't list unaccepted calcs. Though all of the main calcs used for scaling have been accepted anyway so it doesn't really affect much, just a bit of clean-up really.
If they are unaccepted then they need reviewing, if they are rejected then yeah sure go ahead. If they are accepted but not used then please make a blog and put them there as i don't want to lose them by accident.

If they are unaccepted then they need reviewing, if they are rejected then yeah sure go ahead. If they are accepted but not used then please make a blog and put them there as i don't want to lose them by accident.
I think we should link supporting calcs in a separate tabber to make the page look neater. As shown here.

I'll keep a track of unaccepted calcs in the same sandbox that aren't joke calcs.

Calc members don't really take 'priority'. If there's disagreement, it needs to be discussed in a calc group thread.
If it's our most knowledgeable calc member then yeah, he does. Ant can tell you the same exact thing.

No, DontTalk proved it isn't Magnitude 9 in the blog with citation, so it needs to be adjusted accordingly.

If it's our most knowledgeable calc member then yeah, he does. Ant can tell you the same exact thing.

No, DontTalk proved it isn't Magnitude 9 in the blog with citation, so it needs to be adjusted accordingly.
Dude, being his loyal puppy doesn't help here. If someone accepted, then it is for the same reason why sysops opinions aren't > mods. Also, DT opinion isn't absolute.

Dude, being his loyal puppy doesn't help here. If someone accepted, then it is for the same reason why sysops opinions aren't > mods. Also, DT opinion isn't absolute.
First of all, don't call me his loyal puppy. I'm not an animal and I'd appreciate it if you didn't address me as such. Secondly, he provided factual evidence.

All calc members are knowledgeable enough to give judgement on these calcs, hence why they have the role. No one calc member can just outvote another. Again, any disagreement needs to be sorted out in a calc group discussion thread.

First of all, don't call me his loyal puppy. I'm not an animal and I'd appreciate it if you didn't address me as such. Secondly, he provided factual evidence.
First I call whoever I want like whatever I want. Second, if no one agreed with it it's not accepted. Sorry.

All calc members are knowledgeable enough to give judgement on these calcs, hence why they have the role. No one calc member can just outvote another. Again, any disagreement needs to be sorted out in a calc group discussion thread.
No it doesn't, it needs to be discussed in the blog itself if there's disagreement between two calculations members.

No it doesn't, it needs to be discussed in the blog itself if there's disagreement between two calculations members.
Yes it does, this is how we've always done things. Calc blogs don't notify you when someone responds to your message, and they're far more closed off than a calc group thread. And I doubt it's just between two calc members, since several other calc group members in the thread seemed okay to use the calc.

My main problem though was with the idea that one calc member can out-prioritize another, which is ridiculous. All calc members have equal say.

Yes it does, this is how we've always done things. Calc blogs don't notify you when someone responds to your message, and they're far more closed off than a calc group thread. And I doubt it's just between two calc members, since several other calc group members in the thread seemed okay to use the calc.
No, we literally don't. That's a case by case basis, calc group thread are only made when theres disagreement regarding stuff such as pixel scaling, different calculations, etc. If the calculation is inherently flawed (we wouldn't open a calc group thread just because of a simple math error.) this is no different.
My main problem though was with the idea that one calc member can out-prioritize another, which is ridiculous. All calc members have equal say.
Read above.

No, we literally don't. That's a case by case basis, calc group thread are only made when theres disagreement regarding stuff such as pixel scaling, different calculations, etc. If the calculation is inherently flawed (we wouldn't open a calc group thread just because of a simple math error.) this is no different.
I'm not going to repeat myself again. We do, and it's the main way in which calc disagreements are settled. What you consider to be a "simple maths error" isn't necessarily what it actually is (seems like more of a logic error).

Read above.
?

Back