• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This thread is important, as it intends to initiate the process of moving forward with the plans for BFDI on this wiki, and mentions the topic of adding references to character profiles. I also want to mention a few revisions.

Intelligence Upgrades
Woody’s rank for Intelligence is currently “Below Average”, and I find that the rank doesn’t represent the entirety of his character. Woody’s struggles mostly have to do with his fear of everything, but he has shown to not like being patronized by other characters, meaning he is self-aware about his flaws. As his profile already shows, his omniphobia has gradually lessened during the series, so Woody’s problem doesn’t seem to affect his intelligence, and is just a weakness that he has been improving on. This is further demonstrated by how, when Woody is not held back by his fears, he has been shown to be rather clever. He had a great idea to assist his team during BFB 5: Fortunate Ben and he was the only one on his team to prompt the usage of Rocky’s vomit during BFB 13: Return of the Rocket Ship. I think this is enough for Woody’s rank for Intelligence to be “Average”.

I think at this point in the series, the extent of Teardrop’s portrayal as smart is no longer unclear. I think a definite “Above Average” works, with an adjusted justification. “Teardrop is stated to be “smart and competitive”, has good ideas, and is observant. She is savvy with technology, so much so that she was capable of making a comic out of text using a typewriter. Teardrop also has a BFDI season's worth of experience with challenges.” This should work.

I think that the smart aspects of Firey can be considered “Genius”. Ferris wheels typically take hours to years for a team to build in real life, yet as his profile mentions, Firey made one by himself with a liquid contraption in under an hour during BFB 24: The Game Has Changed. He took time to conceive the project, and Gelatin test rided it without helping with the process of its construction. Gelatin test riding it meant that more time was set aside and might've implied that Firey managed his time so that if something was wrong with the Ferris wheel he would have enough time to fix it. A similar point applies to robots, which aren’t easy to make and take over a month to make, yet as Firey’s profile also mentions, he built Firey Speaker Box in one night. He's always all casual about what he builds too. This means that Firey is far more skilled than real experts, which would put him above the “Gifted” rank, since a character having that rank means that they're “equivalent to real-world experts”.

Jawbreakers Being Used for Sealing
When I made the profile for the jawbreakers, I put Sealing as an ability because characters have supernaturally been sealed inside. I later realized that, it’s not an ability the jawbreakers themselves have, it’s an ability that Four and the Announcer have and they used the jawbreakers as locations to use those sealing abilities. Donut with the factor of Four, being unskilled with Four’s abilities, didn’t show a sealing ability when trapping Loser. He turned a jawbreaker inside out and used saliva as glue to close it. Donut and the jawbreakers should have Sealing removed from their profiles, and the profiles of Four and the Announcer should have their justifications for Sealing changed.

Yellow Face Teleportation
In the past, I have suggested that Teleportation should be listed on Yellow Face’s profile because he teleported on screen as a joke at the end of BFDIA 4: Zeeky Boogy Doog, but it was dismissed as toon force and too minor to list separately. However, I later remembered that he teleported away from Four’s screeching at the start of BFB 6: Four Goes Too Far. I think this is enough for Yellow Face to have Teleportation listed at least in some way.

Four and Vibrations
I really don’t think Four should have Vibration Manipulation. The justification is that him getting angry caused a courtroom that he was in to shake, but this lasted less than one second and was completely inconsequential, so I feel like this case is just an animation effect that wasn’t meant to be a display of an ability that Four has.

Toon Force
I think that a good addition to profiles is to have evidence for when the Powers and Abilities section lists Toon Force. Aside from other abilities being in a cartoonish nature, other ones that aren’t listed may not be obvious. The evidence I want to add is mostly pretty straightforward, but there is one that I think should be approved before applying it. “Was able to do whatever they wanted with the laws of physics along with the rest of their team”. Is that valid?

New Profiles and References
Before the rule about adding references to new profiles was added, some profiles of season 1 BFDI contestants were being made in a sandbox (plus Tennis Ball in a blog post of mine). I was hoping to finally get the new profiles uploaded, but I think it would be tedious to add references to all of specifically those ones while the other profiles will strangely lack them. I'm hoping for permission to have the new profiles uploaded without references at first, so that references can be worked on in any order that contributors want. This will definitely need approval from staff members. Also, I want to sneak in profiles of TV and Profile Picture in relation to this, since they kind of have connections to season 1.

Last edited:
Another is that woody was able to destroy Fireys Ferris wheel with just a wrench in a few seconds. I think that is a sign of intelligence since deconstructing a Ferris wheel also takes some time to do (not to mention firey might have tested it before for flaws). I think he should be above average intelligence at least

Another is that woody was able to destroy Fireys Ferris wheel with just a wrench in a few seconds. I think that is a sign of intelligence since deconstructing a Ferris wheel also takes some time to do (not to mention firey might have tested it before for flaws). I think he should be above average intelligence at least
Good eye, but this isn't enough for Woody to qualify for the "Above Average" Intelligence rank, it's just more evidence that he isn't dumb. All he did was crank the fulcrum of the Ferris wheel, which isn't difficult to figure out and do at all.

This thread needs more attention. I tried messaging supporters of BFDI to show them this thread but none of them have responded to me yet.

I edited out the part where I proposed a format for references since when I wrote that I forgot that there is already a standard format.

While this is fine, I don't really think their Toon Force is that complicated to have an explanation if it's very self-evident.

I think this is fine as well. About the references, once you get permission from a staff member, I think that you should specify the reason in the edit summary when creating the page so you have a justification for why the new pages don't have them yet.

One other thing I want to note by the way: FoF Donut would technically still have Sealing since he has all of Four’s powers, yet he never displayed it due to his inexperience in using these powers.

While this is fine, I don't really think their Toon Force is that complicated to have an explanation if it's very self-evident.
Thanks for the agreement. Don't worry, what I plan to add isn't going to be something blatant like "is a living cartoon object".
I think this is fine as well. About the references, once you get permission from a staff member, I think that you should specify the reason in the edit summary when creating the page so you have a justification for why the new pages don't have them yet.
Yeah. Don't you count as a staff member who can give permission to this? I'll ask another one anyway since you didn't phrase your message like you were giving me permission.

Thanks for the agreement. Don't worry, what I plan to add isn't going to be something blatant like "is a living cartoon object".

Yeah. Don't you count as a staff member who can give permission to this? I'll ask another one anyway since you didn't phrase your message like you were giving me permission.
I simply figured that I was probably not the right person to ask since I don't know anything regarding this verse and/or if you have any other reasons aside from what you have mentioned. I guess I did not word my intentions correctly.

But okay, assuming that the reasons in the original post are all of it and that you are going to put the reasons in the summary of the edit/creation as to why your new pages have no references "yet", then yes, I'll give you permission.

I simply figured that I was probably not the right person to ask since I don't know anything regarding this verse and/or if you have any other reasons aside from what you have mentioned. I guess I did not word my intentions correctly.

But okay, assuming that the reasons in the original post are all of it and that you are going to put the reasons in the summary of the edit/creation as to why your new pages have no references "yet", then yes, I'll give you permission.
That's great, thanks! Yes, I'll add the reason above as to why there aren't references to the new profiles yet. I'll get around to uploading them sometime soon.

Good eye, but this isn't enough for Woody to qualify for the "Above Average" Intelligence rank, it's just more evidence that he isn't dumb. All he did was crank the fulcrum of the Ferris wheel, which isn't difficult to figure out and do at all.
This is old but idk if you can break a Ferris wheel with just one wrench. IDK if this matters since it probably is just toon force

This is old but idk if you can break a Ferris wheel with just one wrench. IDK if this matters since it probably is just toon force
It's old but I'll still reply. A Ferris wheel isn't supposed to come off by just cranking its fulcrum as far as I'm aware, but that still is all that Woody did, so I don't think it's good evidence of his cleverness, and I think this is more of an inaccurate depiction of breaking a Ferris wheel for comedic effect.

It's old but I'll still reply. A Ferris wheel isn't supposed to come off by just cranking its fulcrum as far as I'm aware, but that still is all that Woody did, so I don't think it's good evidence of his cleverness, and I think this is more of an inaccurate depiction of breaking a Ferris wheel for comedic effect.
I agree. To me, it's more of contrived stupidity or weak toon force

First, agree with thouse changes

Second, Could we revise David eletricity manipulation? It really seens more just like a "Screaming" effect rathere them eletricity

First, agree with thouse changes

Second, Could we revise David eletricity manipulation? It really seens more just like a "Screaming" effect rathere them eletricity
Thanks.

I suppose that's a fair assessment, but this thread is already concluded. The revisions I proposed in the original post have already been implemented and other people probably unfollowed this thread. You'll have to find a different way to get your observation noticed.

Back