• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beyond Dimensional Existence Revision Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, and what do our respective staff members here think about that suggestion?

Can somebody write an easy to understand summarised explanation regarding what needs to be evaluated here please?
All HDE benefits should be added to BDE type 2, they have similar nature.
BDE type 2 and HDE have similar nature as they are superior to the dimensions below them.
@Agnaa @DontTalkDT @Qawsedf234 @Ultima_Reality @Planck69 @Elizhaa @Ovy7 @PrinceofPein @TheUnshakableOne @IdiosyncraticLawyer

What do you think about this?

While I comprehend the arguments presented, I continue to face challenges in identifying a rational approach to applying them within the context of fictional logic. For instance, although certain logical arguments can be observed for the last two abilities (Matter/Energy manipulation resistance), no instances have been found within any franchise that consistently adhere to this logic.

Similarly, the concept of physics manipulation resistance, based on being outside the “space-time” continuum, can be contested, as magic users possess the ability to create magical spaces that defy physics, yet achieve equivalent outcomes.

The OP appears heavily fixated on real-world logic and has not adequately addressed how these arguments can be seamlessly integrated into our system.

I share the same viewpoint as @DontTalkDT.

Furthermore, providing HDE to type 2 BDE would contradict the rule itself:
These characters aren't necessarily superior to spacetime on every level, but just within the scope which they are shown.
All of the opposing arguments fail to address the mentioned point entirely, leading to potential challenges in incorporating the mentioned abilities. These abilities are primarily centered around the concept of being "superior to spacetime on every level," which is considered a no-limits argument.

Moreover, there seems to be no response provided to @DontTalkDT's argument.

Regarding the modification of the OP's premise to exclude the mentioned note and solely favor HDE benefits, I respectfully disagree. I believe there is no need for any alteration to the text.

In conclusion, the arguments put forth by the OP are based on the possibility that a verse adheres closely to real-world logic and theory. However, it is essential to establish that all BDE type 2 characters possess these abilities, rather than merely being plausible. Merely showing that some fictions support this viewpoint is insufficient; it is crucial to demonstrate that all instances of BDE Type 2 characters universally possess these abilities. Thus, inclusion of the mentioned abilities cannot be assumed by default and necessitates additional evidence beyond that required for BDE.

If DontTalkDT has firmly rejected the suggested revision here, we should probably close this thread.
Yes; I don't mind. Specially that HDE was not the primary suggestion from OP; and as far as I can see, he did not even add any rational reason for why we should give it as benefit. I actually would prefer if OP simply restarted his thread once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back